The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Mike Gillis Fired

Strombone1

Fan Poll  

324 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wrong move unless Nicholson is chosen as replacement

I agree.

He is the only name thats floating around that I think makes any kind of sense. But most rumors just have both Linden and Nicholson as team President... Only name Ive heard for team GM is Feaster.... ugh.

So than you'd jump on that morons boat and agree when he says Gillis is the WORST GM EVER in canucks history?

No, that's Keenan for sure. But anyone defending Gillis must also be wearing blinders.

If we are hiring Feaster though we might have a new contender. It brings me chilling thoughts of us tanking and yet still managing to draft way off the board looser in what should be a deep draft.

I totally swear sometimes that CDC is incredibly daft.

Hello? We have no franchise players. How do you supposed we come about those if not through the draft? Magic?

Anyway, the losing is going to happen. If Feaster comes in he's going to sign garbage UFA's and pretty much ensure that we continue losing like he did in Calgary, while boldly saying that they're still heading to the playoffs. Did anyone actually believe they were heading to the playoffs though?

Alternatively, the worst thing we could do is bring in a GM who trades our upcoming picks for players. If that's the case, then we're following the TO model. No thanks.

I don't care who the GM is. If the plan doesn't include utilizing the 2015 and 16 drafts to restock, then that's a fail.

Are we then firing Feaster before the 2015 draft in your scenario so he doesn't have a chance to draft 3rd rounders with our top 5 picks?

I have roughly 900 bottles of vodka under my control. If they hire Feaster or do something stupid like bringing in Mike Keenan (just an extreme example), I'm going to crack all of them, get 500 cases of Orange Juice, Empty the pool and fill it with the biggest Screw Driver the world has ever seen! Then pickle myself Permanently!!!

Who's with me???

lets hope not. Torts was the biggest reason for the Canucks failure. He skated a tean with plenty of talent and obviously didn't kniow how to use it. His system if you can call it that was a joke. Folks talk about how well we were doing in december. You need to go back and watch the video if you think Torts had it under control way back when -- December. There was a reason he was fired by the Rangers -- same reson here he needs to go. Hopefully new GM cleans house.

If you think Torts was the problem and this team has plenty of talent you know nothing about hockey.

I have roughly 900 bottles of vodka under my control. If they hire Feaster or do something stupid like bringing in Mike Keenan (just an extreme example), I'm going to crack all of them, get 500 cases of Orange Juice, Empty the pool and fill it with the biggest Screw Driver the world has ever seen! Then pickle myself Permanently!!!

Who's with me???

enought to last a few year because if that happens I'll need some help getting through years of watching a loser team

Who's with me???

Message me.

Drinking is my only solace with all this unecessary drama.

Are we then firing Feaster before the 2015 draft in your scenario so he doesn't have a chance to draft 3rd rounders with our top 5 picks?

Monahan was drafted 6th overall. Is Monahan a 3rd rounder?

I'm no Feaster fan. Just saying that we should expect more losing in the immediate future. No GM replacement will change that right now.

No, that's Keenan for sure. But anyone defending Gillis must also be wearing blinders.

If we are hiring Feaster though we might have a new contender. It brings me chilling thoughts of us tanking and yet still managing to draft way off the board looser in what should be a deep draft.

It terrifies me to no end to think of him here

Hello? We have no franchise players. How do you supposed we come about those if not through the draft? Magic?

Anyway, the losing is going to happen. If Feaster comes in he's going to sign garbage UFA's and pretty much ensure that we continue losing like he did in Calgary, while boldly saying that they're still heading to the playoffs. Did anyone actually believe they were heading to the playoffs though?

Alternatively, the worst thing we could do is bring in a GM who trades our upcoming picks for players. If that's the case, then we're following the TO model. No thanks.

I don't care who the GM is. If the plan doesn't include utilizing the 2015 and 16 drafts to restock, then that's a fail.

NO if feaster comes in he's going to trade our 1st for a jokinen type player, or sign an offer sheet to a player and end up losing our first overall pick. Feaster is a GM you bring in if you want to remain uncompetative for the next 10 years, not a gm who knows how to properly rebuild

But that's exactly what feaster is known to do. That and making terrible draft selections.

Who becomes our next GM, regardless of direction, is hugely important.

If it is Feaster I'll quote you for the next few years because it isn't going to wind up being what you think it will be.

3rd rounders?

Come on now.....we know the BPA will be in the 5th and 7th round. We just have to find a team foolish enough to take a top 5 pick in a decidedly deep draft for a 5th and 7th rounder to get them

Franchise defining players are overrated

Good luck Mike...another bonehead move for a team that has been making them for 44 years and counting.

This was the wrong move, AV being let go was not the right move either, I thought the team would be stable in management and coaching with Gillis/Vigneault and the players would be conditioned to the system or move on. Like how Detroit operates.

This should be interesting to say the least.

In case you haven't noticed, the losing is happening regardless of who the GM is.

Don't be disingenuous.

Big difference between trying -- though not every game -- and finishing with the 8th overall, and tanking like the transparently ridiculous Philadelphia 76ers for the #1 overall.

And Aquallinis wouldn't stand for it, anyway. It's obvious they're all about the short-term. The last time they missed the playoffs, Nonis was gone, to a lot of surprised pundits. They want playoff money, and badly. And they won't be prepared to agree to tank for a chance at a #1 (how farcical would their non-efforts have to be to finish behind Buffalo and NYI?), and to miss that playoff revenue for 5 years. Besides, that stupidity can easily backfire. (Edmonton).

Ticket sales would be the only thing tanking in this market.

Monahan was drafted 6th overall. Is Monahan a 3rd rounder?

I'm no Feaster fan. Just saying that we should expect more losing in the immediate future. No GM replacement will change that right now.

Actually by all reports that was Burke and the scouts pick. Apparently if rumoured Feaster was looking at someone in the mid 20's for his selection. Possibly Shinkaruk?

Again though....be afraid of Feast er Famine

Archived