The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New image, new identity... New jerseys?

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This would look cool even with the newer orca.

1208-waddells-van.png

love to see this with the orca is anyone has any photoshop talent. Just to see how it would look. I love the stripes :D Looks old, vintage, it looks powerful and it has our blue and green.

For a jersey like that, I'd much rather see the rounded Johnny Canuck logo found in this concept:

Canucks-JustinCox.jpg?t=1340725150

We've had the Orca for 17 god damn years, closing in on 18 next season. We've gone through a whole crapstorm of media problems with Burke, Nonis, Gillis, etc. A fresh image doesn't hurt at all.

I love our current jerseys and I think they are the most complete set of jerseys this organization has ever had. It would be a bit excessive to change our team concept again, as the Canucks are already one of the teams that have changed their identity most frequently. There needs to be some consistency with this organization IMO.

That concept is absolutely gorgeous and would love that as our third jerseys some time in the next few years. The only change I would make would be to switch the shoulder emblems to the stick in rink logo. I think I would have to order a jersey straight away if that came out.

Geez, this new jersey talk has gotta stop. I'm fine with tinkering with the alternate, but we change jerseys more than Lady Gaga changes outfits. Time to establish tradition.

Agreed.

I don't understand why, with all that history, we need to change the jersey/colour/logo.

The original 6 teams don't seem to have an issue with their historic jersey's. They're historic jersey's are historic for a reason.

I don't mind tweaks to the logo or trim, but the main colours and logo's shouldn't be changed. Personally, I'd like to go back to the stick in rink full time and get rid of the orca all together.

I am of two minds of this. One one hand I would like a jersey with a simple, clear cut symbol, like the stink in the rink. I think those types of jerseys look better (for the most part) and carry a sense of pride. On the other hand, our history is to have massive jersey changes, so in a way it has become our tradition. Maybe Linden and the gang will come up with something completely new? If pressed for a choice, I would go with the stick in the rink and then change the third jersey.

Canucks are already the laughing stock of the league for jersey changes and you want to add another. No thanks

You see a "C" on fire and you immidently think of flames, you see the red wing logo and you think of detriot. Look at the bruins, Blackhawks, TO, Oilers, MTL, NJ, NYR, PHi, do they change their logo everytime people are upset?

It's quite pathetic to remarket the same brand over and over.

Teams go through highs and lows, it's time to build a brand and identity and stick with it. Our history wether you like it or not is apart of the canucks culture.

Canucks are already the laughing stock of the league for jersey changes and you want to add another. No thanks

You see a "C" on fire and you immidently think of flames, you see the red wing logo and you think of detriot. Look at the bruins, Blackhawks, TO, Oilers, MTL, NJ, NYR, PHi, do they change their logo everytime people are upset?

It's quite pathetic to remarket the same brand over and over.

Teams go through highs and lows, it's time to build a brand and identity and stick with it. Our history wether you like it or not is apart of the canucks culture.

It's too late for that so might as well change it to something more appealing.

I'm more pessimistic about the Canucks now since I believe we'll slip back into mediocrity for about a decade before getting competitive again. Therefore I now support a jersey change to reflect that decline into mediocrity. The new jersey should have kelly green as the primary colour now and I think to help move away from the orca logo we should have a dead orca beached and rotting away as our new one. The best part is it can rot a little each season so they can sell new jerseys every year! Either that or we use Johnny Canuck but have his head replaced by oversized caricatures of the players heads instead. We should also put the number of seasons without a Cup on the right breast of the jersey and incorporate the 7th man in the stick in the rink logo shoulder patches. We should really strive to make the ugliest jersey ever since Vancouver used to be known for it and have started to get away from our roots. We can't have other teams horning in on our title.

This would look cool even with the newer orca.

1208-waddells-van.png

love to see this with the orca is anyone has any photoshop talent. Just to see how it would look. I love the stripes :D Looks old, vintage, it looks powerful and it has our blue and green.

Did this quick - sorry if it isn't very smooth. Didn't put the "Vancouver" as I didn't think it would look as nice.

post-121913-0-89756100-1397157043_thumb.

Archived