The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New image, new identity... New jerseys?

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am open to the idea some of these are nice. Be interesting having a new core with a new jersey. Be a great cash grab for the org and it would be exciting. I would grab a new jersey if we had a new logo. The linden era :D I like our current jerseys but hey if we are changing the identity why not.

We should see how the designs look with player names like Horvat, Shinkaruk, Cassels :D I like the ones with the stripes with V the one above and the one on the top left with johnny canuck the guy above mentioned.

We need something that screams prestige, confidence, and eliteness. Love that stripe 1 with v and the one on the left the most :D

I love the Blue and Green theme it screams greatness.

They already have too many styles. Look at other teams...the Flames, the arena is all red.

Vancouver is a mismatch of several jerseys all different colours.

Maybe if they gave a free one for each season ticket holder seat. It would look better if everyone was in the same colour.

But just changing it for the sake of changing it, screams cashgrab

I'm not really stuck on changing or staying the same.

I really like the stick in rink and would prefer that full time if I had my choice.

I think Blue and Green is the way to stay but I'd be interested in seeing a mockup of the stick in rink in the old colours. As much as I like our current colour scheme the Red, Black, Orange and Gold is unique. Too many team's jerseys look similar these days. Too much blue and black.

Edit: I found this… not terrible but raw.

MasonHesse-VAN.jpg

EliasRieger-VAN.png

They already have too many styles. Look at other teams...the Flames, the arena is all red.

Vancouver is a mismatch of several jerseys all different colours.

Maybe if they gave a free one for each season ticket holder seat. It would look better if everyone was in the same colour.

But just changing it for the sake of changing it, screams cashgrab

Given the price of season tickets and the fans being unsure. That might be a great way to get members to renew easier next year.

Wish I was a season ticket holder but heck I would buy a new Jersey if we kept the blue and green theme with a new design and or logo.

I personally like the top left one here:

ConceptJersey_zps4bc9db09.png

Can someone here call into Scott Rintoul tonight on team 1040 and bring up this idea. Be cool to hear this idea reach the mainstream. I would do it but I have anxiety so I avoid situations like that. :D

Just an idea I wanted to throw out :D Will send u lots of hearts if you do!

I don't mind the logo right now, I just wish they'd enlarge the Orca, make a bit of tweaks here and there, and get rid of the ugly "Vancouver" spewed across the jersey.... almost like how San Jose's jerseys (which look much better now) have changed throughout the past couple years while keeping the shark. LOL @ the people suggesting the Johnny Canuck Logo. Seriously?? I mean sure its a neat analogy with our team being the canucks and having Johnny Canuck on the front, but honestly, leave that type of design for the AHL. The logo looks more fitting for a minor league rather than professional league. In hindsight, would it really be worth it to have the official symbol for the only professional sports franchise in this city, to be a lumberjack with a pair of skates and a stick on the front? A fictional, action character as our logo for 10+ years? Johnny Canuck doesn't even have any relevance to the city of Vancouver other than the name, "Johnny Canuck". If any change; the "V", the skate, or the stick in the rink >>> Johnny Canuck.

A jersey change would be nice. Although the current unis are pleasing to the eye, they're not really all that intimidating. Not saying a jersey dictates whether a team is intimidating nor that players are intimidated by the colour of a jersey but if I would choose a colour scheme that would indicate a team that gets pushed around that would be it. Something darker, like navy or black would be nice. Greens and light blues just don't really cut it.

No, a jersey change isn't necessary. That said, if I were to support any change it would be to retire the orca. I'd prefer any of Johnny Canuck, the "V", or the stick in rink logos. Also, I do like "VANCOUVER" written on the jersey, even if I am in the minority.

I personally like the skate and the stick n' rink the best. Either of those would be awesome. I love the skate because that's what they wore when i started cheering for em back in the early 90s, and I always thought they looked tough/intimidating/sharp in those. Full time stick n' rink would be a great choice too.

Archived