The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Jim Benning signs as new Canucks GM

TheRussianRocket.

There are a half a dozen 'draft' threads discussing all of the top 10. :P

So I guess next time you say you would chose certain players I should tell you about where you should put your picks right? I'm sure there are like 10 other threads on who to pick... Everybody is a comedian around this joint.

So I guess next time you say you would chose certain players I should tell you about where you should put your picks right? I'm sure there are like 10 other threads on who to pick... Everybody is a comedian around this joint.

For the record:

-I didn't tell you to put anything anywhere.

-T.L. was right, there are numerous threads on the subject

-I think I'm pretty funny, T.L.'s a barrel of laughs at parties as well.

For the record:

Thanks J.R. .. just please don't mention that time with the lampshade and the gerbil .. oh, and you are a blast as well in the charade's tournaments!

For the record:

For the record:

I asked for your opinion, and you decided to be a smart ass instead of saying you weren't bright enough to have your own opinions...hence you forwarded me to drivel from scouts I've already read. Some of you guys have great opinions.. I'll put you on the list of trolls who don't know squat.

That's certainly your prerogative.

FYI those other threads have tons of info/opinions beyond "drivel from scouts I've already read". Certainly a lot more than you'll find or should be in a thread about a possible replacement GM (ie: not prospects/draftees).

For the record:

I asked for your opinion, and you decided to be a smart ass instead of saying you weren't bright enough to have your own opinions...hence you forwarded me to drivel from scouts I've already read. Some of you guys have great opinions.. I'll put you on the list of trolls who don't know squat.

guy is a waste of time, check the sig, blames Torts on his heroes failures when even the heroes are admitting now they sucked and they need massive offseasons to prove everyone wrong next year.

I don't see Nicholson as wanting to come in as GM either, not when he'd be under Linden. I was expecting he'd take time off this summer at least to spend with family and then consider options, but I don't even think he was strongly considered for a GM role and I think we could find a more appropriate option now that Linden's been named president.

The Bruins have built themselves around the idea of the Detroit Red Wings of old, but better suited to today's NHL. They're built around puck possession and good defence from their forwards, but are just far more bigger and physical than the Red Wings used to be while giving up some skill up front

Watching the playoff games last night brings home once again how far Van has to go before becoming a

serious CUP contender again.

Whether Benning, Hextall or someone else they have to be willing to have an active Linden involved. Comes down to personalities and career paths. I am still leaning towards Benning. I wish these people who keep bringing up Naslund give it a break. Not even close to being a contender.

Watching the playoff games last night brings home once again how far Van has to go before becoming a

serious CUP contender again.

Whether Benning, Hextall or someone else they have to be willing to have an active Linden involved. Comes down to personalities and career paths. I am still leaning towards Benning. I wish these people who keep bringing up Naslund give it a break. Not even close to being a contender.

Exactly.

Great games last night.

What stands out is the skill, speed and physicality of all the Western teams in this first round, and all I could think about was how far our team is from competing with the big boys in the league anytime soon.

Exactly.

Great games last night.

What stands out is the skill, speed and physicality of all the Western teams in this first round, and all I could think about was how far our team is from competing with the big boys in the league anytime soon.

Exactly.

Great games last night.

The games were fantastic.

Look no further than the Av's overtime goal. Barrie makes a high-risk play at the blueline to keep it in, cuts toward the net, lays it off to McKinnon who makes a quick play and delivers a sweet backhand pass to Stastny. These kids play with no fear...they just keep looking make plays. When a player has something special, you have to let them go do what they do. That's the entertainment that we all want. Not only are the Canucks a long way from this, it's a stark reminder than someone like Torts is a dinosaur. But he was right about none thing...it certainly is a young man's game.

Archived