The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Botchford] If Evander Kane is available the Canucks need to go all-in for him

We would have to trade something of equal value to the Jets. I dont think they need anymore 3rd liners or draft picks. They need quality players that can help them win now.

For Evander Kane the Jets would be asking for Horvat or Kassian as a starting point, which we would immediately reject.

The best deal would be Edler , Gaunce and our 2nd in 2015. I think the value is there but I dont know what kind of hole that leaves the Jets upfront.

The only real piece we have at forward is Ryan Kesler, and he will never waive for Winnipeg.

We would have to trade something of equal value to the Jets. I dont think they need anymore 3rd liners or draft picks. They need quality players that can help them win now.

For Evander Kane the Jets would be asking for Horvat or Kassian as a starting point, which we would immediately reject.

The best deal would be Edler , Gaunce and our 2nd in 2015. I think the value is there but I dont know what kind of hole that leaves the Jets upfront.

The only real piece we have at forward is Ryan Kesler, and he will never waive for Winnipeg.

well Kassian is showing promise and doesnt have a NTC and is same age as Kane so the attraction IS there. Would seriously suck tho especially if Kassian turns out as we had hoped.

that being said Kane also has the ability to pound in 25-30+ goals along with 150+hits.

if he can get his alleged attitude issues dialed in then We have someone special. I personally think he just isnt keen on Winterpeg.

Keeping Kassian and have him develope the same chemistry as he does with Booth would be a dream

Kane-???-Kassian

2014 1st

Jensen

Hansen

+

Would be my starting package.

That's why Botchford is a journalist and has nothing to do with running an NHL franchise. Kane does not seem like a good fit here. Especially if its going to take Horvat plus probably our first rounder and another piece to get him. Rather shop in the free agent pool for scoring help and keep the few prospects we do have.

I just don't see Kane fitting with the other guys in the room. All the players on the Canucks are professionals on, and off the ice. Kane is a punk who likes to get into fights at nightclubs and not paying his tabs at restaurants. Oh and hits on underage girls.

I wanna be his bestest friend

I see E.Kane as a potential 40G scorer, but for 1 year or 2 only. I don't see him being a perennial 40G scorer.

B.Horvat will put up as many points as E.Kane (less goals) but will provide the Canucks more intangible (faceoff, clutch plays, PK, defense, team players). Kane seems to be a head case on and off the ice.

So I wouldn't even trade BoHo straight up 1v1 for Kane, let alone building a package including Horvat.

Horvat as a centerpiece for Kane? Done in a heartbeat.

Obviously you don't understand the Winnipeg market, they want to make the playoffs and Horvat would be nice for them but they would want a NHL ready replacement. Kesler is our only chip but he wont waive to go there. Philly or Toronto will be on him like a dog on a bone. Botchford is trying to be the front runner to troll Linden by the sounds of it, we don't even have a GM yet.

I'd do our 1st this year, Booth, and Stanton.

Hansen is useless and Gaunce is going to be a lot better than he's being given credit for.

Kane Kesler Kassian

Daniel Henrik Jensen

Burrows Horvat Matthias

Higgins Santorelli Richardson

Hansen

Gaunce, Cassels, Shinkaruk, Fox all in the oven to replace Burrows/Daniel/Hansen/Higgins on the depth chart

lol Kane on the kkk line ..

I think they need to figure out what kesler can get us if he wants out trade him for something jets need from say the penguins and add parts from us. Basically trade kes for trade bait.

Unless kesler will get us someone better then Kane .

well Kassian is showing promise and doesnt have a NTC and is same age as Kane so the attraction IS there. Would seriously suck tho especially if Kassian turns out as we had hoped.

that being said Kane also has the ability to pound in 25-30+ goals along with 150+hits.

if he can get his alleged attitude issues dialed in then We have someone special. I personally think he just isnt keen on Winterpeg.

Keeping Kassian and have him develope the same chemistry as he does with Booth would be a dream

Kane-???-Kassian

2014 1st

Jensen

Hansen

+

Would be my starting package.

i would do that

Do we need another up the boards and shoot it into the goalies chest kind of winger? Don't we have Kesler already?

Seriously Botch outdid himself for stupidity today with this one.

Horvat might not be a continuous 30+ goal scoring threat, but he is also not being benched and called out every week due to personality issues adn has a potentially high overall ceiling for faceoffs pk etc

Kane was an issue in the Giants locker room, the Thrashers locker room and now the Jets as well.

He is under 25....what makes anyone think that attitude of expectation is going to change?

I would hate to trade Horvat but I think you have to consider it. People say that Kane has a bad attitude but he's got all the skills to be a premier guy in the league. I think for Kane he's just immature and not used to losing while not being able to single handedly do anything about it. It's frustrating for a young stud NHL'er to have things not go his way for the first time in his life. However, trading a young guy of Kane's stature can do wonders for his maturity. No player likes to be traded, they really re-evaluate themselves after that, especailly so the first time.

At the same time I'm hoping our GM can prove that its not entirely possible to obtain genuine top 6 players in the NHL. If we can do that I don't think we are under that much pressure to make this move. You've got the Sedins and Kesler already, plus Kassian, Burrows, and Higgins. Trade Hansen and Edler and pick up a top 6 winger or pick up one in UFA and everything is looking far better and more aligned like an NHL hockey team.

One thing about Kane is that he typifies exactly what we need. That's a young skilled guy, who is tough, can score, and that can play lots of minutes and take the heat of our aging core while being part of the core himself. Sometimes that's the most important thing is not what is out there but what do you need. I believe Kane would allow the Sedins to go back to top form, and eliminate all the injuries caused by inbetween players playing more minutes then they are capable and being reckless as a result. It would also make us tougher to play against, he's like Booth, but good, real good.

via provies Thursday April 10

"if the jets are really going to trade evander kane, and the odds are still long, the canucks have to be all-in. And not the ray shero "sutter and a couple of sh*tty picks for kesler all-in."

"the canucks need to be we're building a package around Bo Horvat our only blue chip prospect all-in"

very interesting to hear botch highly support trading for kane even though it would cost us bo. would you guys be okay will trading horvat+ for evander kane.

should note that while E. Kane is not having the best of seasons this year he is still a guy who many think will turn into a consistent 40-50 goal scorer in his prime and that he really wants to play for vancouver

I love how you put quotes around them even though they are clearly your own words

Archived