The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolaj Ehlers

S N Y P E R S 7

_____

As for Q stars this season, what about Louick Marcotte? Plays with Mantha and scored 100pts this season. Undrafted. He's an overager, but who cares? Pick him up and build up hype about him like we did Dane Fox. Or hell, how about Guillaume Gelinas. Same team. Undrafted. 92pts as a defenseman! Marcus Power (Cooler name than Electric Ehl) Undrafted. 109pts! Hype, hype, hype!

Fox-McDavid

Marcotte-Mantha

Ehlers-Drouin

Seeing a pattern here?

Legit stars need players to pass to and receive passes from.

This year featured a Q with a ton of awful teams that did nothing but give up goals. That's gonna boost the stats of those players playing with legit future stars.

btw Why did Mantha fall to 20th overall? That's ridiculous. But then again, I've heard he's invisible. All he does is score invisible goals?

kiss27.gif

got me, but we'll keep that for people for who feel the need to do some digging ;)

I wouldn't put to much stock into that stat. Anthony Duclair is less than 6 month older than Ehlers and put up 5 points less than him. People in NYR are going crazy thinking he's the next super star.

Unfortunately you arent putting much stock into anything. Try to cheer up.

Anthony Duclair got 50 points in his draft year. Its the reason why he was a third round draft pick. But you already know all that dont you ?

I will tell give you the same advice I did the other two guys. When you need to come troll the prospects you dont want, it doesnt say much about the prospect you want.

ok ive come to the decision that at 6 we need to take mdc if around or ehlers this kid has put up massive points everywhere he has played im getting the feeling tho that for some reason hes gonna get scooped before 6th either way i cant wait for the draft especially since i really think the nucks are gonna be like dealers on welfare BUSY !!!!! lol

Someone with a lobotomy could pick Dal Colle at #6. Im warming up to Ehlers but passing on Ritchie or one of the top 5 no thanks. Ehlers and Virtanen are tied for me at the 7th spot.

Well, tonight Ehlers had another assist as the Mooseheads pulled out an OT win over Val-d'or . They now lead 3 games to 2

Mantha had two goals in a losing cause. Ehlers was picked as one of the stars.

Drouin had no points . :huh:

But wait a minute, wait a minute.

I thought Ehlers only picked up points cause of Drouin. How is it that he got on the scoreboard and Drouin didn't??!?!?

(Am I doing this right?)

:bigblush:

I wouldn't put to much stock into that stat. Anthony Duclair is less than 6 month older than Ehlers and put up 5 points less than him. People in NYR are going crazy thinking he's the next super star.

Compare Duclair's draft year vs the year Ehlers just had.

Also consider this was Duclair's 3rd year in the league, while this was Ehlers first year playing NA hockey of any kind. And he only got better as the year went along.

Yeah we should. Trade Kesler for Pouliot and a 2015 first. Then we can tank playing some of our younger guys like Jensen and Horvat.

I dont like the idea of tanking but i do like the idea of adding some good defenseman like Pouliot to our prospect pool. Another option to adding a good D-man prospect to the prospect pool would to trade Kesler to Anaheim for a package that includes their 10th overall pick and draft Haydn Fleury (if still available with that pick).

But wait a minute, wait a minute.

I thought Ehlers only picked up points cause of Drouin. How is it that he got on the scoreboard and Drouin didn't??!?!?

(Am I doing this right?)

:bigblush:

Compare Duclair's draft year vs the year Ehlers just had.

Also consider this was Duclair's 3rd year in the league, while this was Ehlers first year playing NA hockey of any kind. And he only got better as the year went along.

Like ive said before, they see the facts and dont like the facts. So they go CHANGE THE RULES so they can still spin a negative. Its called being 'belligerent' . When you obstinately oppose a point of view in spite of the objective facts.

You can spend your life correcting trolls but I dont waste my time. Once they prove to be trolling I promptly ignore them.

When drafted

Markus Naslund 5'11 175

Ehlers 5 '11 168

I think many would be happy with a player if he could turn out anything close to the first name....shut up about size

http://thechronicleherald.ca/mooseheads/1192191-nikolaj-ehlers-super-sniper

“He’s one of those players who might not be as big as some of the other guys in the draft right now but scouts are looking at two or three years down the road,” Ashley said. “If you want someone on your team who can score goals, you’re not going to be looking for an 18-year-old to do that right away. You’re looking for a guy to do that starting when he’s 21 or 22. Nik’s a guy that will put on size. When you can skate like that and when he puts on 20 pounds or maybe even grows an inch or two, he’s going to be a superstar in the NHL.”

Scouts also notice how fearless Ehlers is. He never backs down from a bodycheck, even going so far as to seek out hard contact.

“One of the biggest things we noticed right away is he plays like a North American,” Ashley said. “I think sometimes it takes Euros time to adjust, coming from the big ice and maybe not being used to the game being as physical over there. But he looks forward to the physical play. He’s a big gamer. When you have someone on your team like that, it brings a sense of leadership. He’s a first-year player but he’s someone the guys look up to because of the way he plays.”

Dane has demonstrated that he's hardly riding on Jonathan Drouin's coattails with the Mooseheads. His 49 goals were the most by a Quebec League newbie since someone named Sidney Crosby.

^As nice as those bold points seem, they're quite meaningless.

If the Canucks are to win the cup in 2015, they cannot rely on a kid who'll need to spend years out of the Nhl to grow. Username change required?

Yes because we are totally expecting that the guy we draft will make a sudden impact on he Canucks next season...

Ehlers is a good pick if your willing to bank on him becoming a bit stronger. Everything else is there for him, and he's had experience playing with Kane and Seguin who are tremendous role models for a 17 year during the lockout last year.

His work ethic and skill will make him a second liner at worst in my opinion, but he has the potential to be a first line winger.

He thinks the game at a high level and is exciting to watch. Unless we are getting one of the top 5 I would take a flyer on Ehlers because of how he already acts like a pro, and has played against men.

So many opinions about who to take, but I hoenstly think that Ehlers is the closest to being a part of that top 5 based upon his stats playing in North America.

If I was a scout I would take the guy who has played a season on the small ice before a comparable Euro player.

Hopefully we see what Ehlers can do in the Mem Cup this year and his draft stock keeps rising, because if gets in the conversation for the top5 it will only be good for us at 6th!

^As nice as those bold points seem, they're quite meaningless.

If the Canucks are to win the cup in 2015, they cannot rely on a kid who'll need to spend years out of the Nhl to grow. Username change required?

hey laugher go read my other posts

that's exactly why they should choose him over worrying about size, since we have size in our prospect pool (which i have said in many posts)

btw nowhere in my post did i suggest he solves our CURRENT issues, in fact in my other posts I suggested drafted a player to solve our current problems that wont be ready until the future is stupid. the key is to look at our prospect pool assess its strengths and weaknesses and fill those holes. ie we have size, decent skill, grit in that pool, what we don't have is much elite talent (ex shinkaruk) thus ehlers is the smart pick and not just picking size because its a current issue.

thanks for coming out, next time read what i say vs getting hostile

Ehlers is a good pick if your willing to bank on him becoming a bit stronger. Everything else is there for him, and he's had experience playing with Kane and Seguin who are tremendous role models for a 17 year during the lockout last year.

His work ethic and skill will make him a second liner at worst in my opinion, but he has the potential to be a first line winger.

He thinks the game at a high level and is exciting to watch. Unless we are getting one of the top 5 I would take a flyer on Ehlers because of how he already acts like a pro, and has played against men.

So many opinions about who to take, but I hoenstly think that Ehlers is the closest to being a part of that top 5 based upon his stats playing in North America.

If I was a scout I would take the guy who has played a season on the small ice before a comparable Euro player.

Hopefully we see what Ehlers can do in the Mem Cup this year and his draft stock keeps rising, because if gets in the conversation for the top5 it will only be good for us at 6th!

+1

Good post. Lets see where he is at when he attends the combine. He is already 6ft now, lets see if he has hit 170 as some reports are suggesting.

He is probably going to be 6ft 190 or even 6ft 1 if he can get lucky. His elite level speed and skill are making all kinds of teams drool. Praying we take Ritchie so they can take him. Most Cane and Leaf fans are making their mock drafts with Ritchie going 4th or 5th so we take Dal Colle and Ehlers is left for them.

The top 5 are blue chip solid pros. When we get to 6 -8 , there is star potential there but some risk. With Ehlers and Nylander the skill is as good as Reinharts , but their size is not nor their familiarity with the NHL game (especially Nylander)

Ritchie has the potential to be a 30 goal scoring Lucic type winger if all goes well for him and he maxes out his potential. However he could be too slow and lumbering and drop down to the 3rd or 4th line. It happens all the time with potential power forwards.

If you look at Ehlers and Nylanders ceiling, vs Ritchies ceiling , we are talking about 40 goal scoring 80 point guys (even 90 at their peak) . This requires top 5 skill. We never draft in the top 5.

When you have a chance at elite level speed and skill, you take it. Thus Ritchie is my third pick at #6 behind Ehlers and Nylander. However, any of these three will do.

+1

Good post. Lets see where he is at when he attends the combine. He is already 6ft now, lets see if he has hit 170 as some reports are suggesting.

He is probably going to be 6ft 190 or even 6ft 1 if he can get lucky. His elite level speed and skill are making all kinds of teams drool. Praying we take Ritchie so they can take him. Most Cane and Leaf fans are making their mock drafts with Ritchie going 4th or 5th so we take Dal Colle and Ehlers is left for them.

The top 5 are blue chip solid pros. When we get to 6 -8 , there is star potential there but some risk. With Ehlers and Nylander the skill is as good as Reinharts , but their size is not nor their familiarity with the NHL game (especially Nylander)

Ritchie has the potential to be a 30 goal scoring Lucic type winger if all goes well for him and he maxes out his potential. However he could be too slow and lumbering and drop down to the 3rd or 4th line. It happens all the time with potential power forwards.

If you look at Ehlers and Nylanders ceiling, vs Ritchies ceiling , we are talking about 40 goal scoring 80 point guys (even 90 at their peak) . This requires top 5 skill. We never draft in the top 5.

When you have a chance at elite level speed and skill, you take it. Thus Ritchie is my third pick at #6 behind Ehlers and Nylander. However, any of these three will do.

Hey AB..I have been reading your posts for Ehlers,,its obvious you want this kid,,I like him too..but my vote goes to Ritchie,,Ehlers plays in a weak league and has alot to show me....I dont know much about Nylander,,,but Im hoping we take a tough Canadian kid...thus..I like Ritchie..big...tough and skates well...this kid could be the real deal and the comparisons to Kassian arent true..Ritchie will drop em quick, where Kass picks his spots,,,Ritchie has more pure talent..Kass has alot of burgeoning potential....Kass is a pure passer..Ritchie is a banger and crasher with good hands....why wouldnt you want this on your team...these 2 twin towers could be cornerstones.

hey laugher go read my other posts

that's exactly why they should choose him over worrying about size, since we have size in our prospect pool (which i have said in many posts)

btw nowhere in my post did i suggest he solves our CURRENT issues, in fact in my other posts I suggested drafted a player to solve our current problems that wont be ready until the future is stupid. the key is to look at our prospect pool assess its strengths and weaknesses and fill those holes. ie we have size, decent skill, grit in that pool, what we don't have is much elite talent (ex shinkaruk) thus ehlers is the smart pick and not just picking size because its a current issue.

thanks for coming out, next time read what i say vs getting hostile

I would.. Buuuuut...

Archived