The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Am I the only one who doesn't mind Booth?

Goat James

To be fair kess dosent do what you listed anymore as well, other then play the PP but he's starting to look bad on it as well.

To be fair I wasn't talking about Kassian, however, he is much younger, cheaper, and shows far greater potential than Booth in a variety of ways.

Totally agree. He is not a 4.2 mil player, cut that by 50% and now we are closer. The buyout has to be edler. He is left handed, does not hit or fit, can't skate, pass or shoot effectively anymore plus he has a bad back and knee. Keep Booth n trade him at the trade deadline for a pick.

Buffalo is going to be hard up to hit the cap floor. They may be willing to take him on, let him play top 6 minutes and then trade him at the deadline as a rental. In the east he becomes a giant power forward that can fly. In the pacific he is an average sized 3rd liner.

Totally agree. He is not a 4.2 mil player, cut that by 50% and now we are closer. The buyout has to be edler. He is left handed, does not hit or fit, can't skate, pass or shoot effectively anymore plus he has a bad back and knee. Keep Booth n trade him at the trade deadline for a pick.

If you don't think that elder would be claimed on waivers you are insane. Why pay money to buy out a player if you can give him away for free? Better yet, trade him for value... Maybe even keep him, change coaches and get back to a system that he flourishes in.

To be fair I wasn't talking about Kassian, however, he is much younger, cheaper, and shows far greater potential than Booth in a variety of ways.

To be extra fair when he wrote Kess he meant Kesler not Kass and in Kassian :P

I said kess not kass, but your right about kass for the $$$$ he's a much better player then booth.

I said kess not kass, but your right about kass for the $$$$ he's a much better player then booth.

Ha! My bad. I saw the two s's and read it wrong.

If Kes is who you meant then i still disagree with you. He is the engine of this team. Give him someone to play with and he's even better.

If you don't think that elder would be claimed on waivers you are insane. Why pay money to buy out a player if you can give him away for free? Better yet, trade him for value... Maybe even keep him, change coaches and get back to a system that he flourishes in.

I'm not sure if you can put elder on waivers. I know he has a ntc but possibly a nmc as well; in which one cannot put a player on waivers. Edler has a ntc so you can not trade him, even if you could one would have eat cap coming back. The nucks cannot compete in the West for another 3 years so I believe they will keep Torts for another half season. I'm not sure if anyone can help this player, it has been 3 full years (since the LA series) that Edler was on. Elder peaked 3 years ago... how can he be -39 and Hammer is +13 this year?

I'm not sure if you can put elder on waivers. I know he has a ntc but possibly a nmc as well; in which one cannot put a player on waivers. Edler has a ntc so you can not trade him, even if you could one would have eat cap coming back. The nucks cannot compete in the West for another 3 years so I believe they will keep Torts for another half season. I'm not sure if anyone can help this player, it has been 3 full years (since the LA series) that Edler was on. Elder peaked 3 years ago... how can he be -39 and Hammer is +13 this year?

I would love to see Edler fans explain this without using the old excuse of "+/- is an unreliable stat!" Granted, it isn't the best stat for evaluating a player, but one just has to watch the games to see that with Edler's play it speaks volumes.

And what system would that be? Edler started playing poorly long before Torts got here. Fire the coach and get a new one just because one player is a basket case? Think not. I'd buyout or trade Edler long before I did the same with Booth if those were my only two options.

:)

if you can't put a player on waivers (which, by the way, doesn't apply to edler -- the only canucks with nmcs are the twins), then you also can't buy him out.

yes, Booth needs to go while he has a bit of value

Why would keeping him cause his value to go down?

I would love to see Edler fans explain this without using the old excuse of "+/- is an unreliable stat!" Granted, it isn't the best stat for evaluating a player, but one just has to watch the games to see that with Edler's play it speaks volumes.

I'm not an Edler "fan" but from a fairly neutral standpoint, it seems Edler has been playing sort of like Bieksa in the old days, at least in terms of results. The guy continues to make some decent offensive plays (except getting pucks through), gets caught a lot on the rush, and makes the occasional mistake that happens to be fatal (eg. the number of pucks that went in off of him is staggering). He still seems competent along the boards and getting pucks out, though.
Edler and Bieksa seem to have switched places or something. Edler is even getting injured a lot. He even takes a lot of stupid penalties (while Bieksa hasn't), etc. A sure sign of no confidence, right there.
We all saw how good Bieksa is now, even good enough to go to the World Championships. Edler is still young, he has lots of potential and has a high ceiling. He has all the tools, he can only get better.

Get over it CDC fans. This roster is not playoff competitive. Having a $4.25 Mil guy playing the 3rd

line at best does not cut it. Booth played well enough the last 20 games that another team might want to take him. Maybe Van has to keep some salary to make that happen. Maybe he can be a throw in on a multi

player deal. I rather see Mathias get more ice. At worst Mathias-Richardson-Hanson as the 3rd line next year. Kassian should be top 6.

Get over it CDC fans. This roster is not playoff competitive. Having a $4.25 Mil guy playing the 3rd

line at best does not cut it. Booth played well enough the last 20 games that another team might want to take him. Maybe Van has to keep some salary to make that happen. Maybe he can be a throw in on a multi

player deal. I rather see Mathias get more ice. At worst Mathias-Richardson-Hanson as the 3rd line next year. Kassian should be top 6.

Can you perhaps justify why Booth won't continue to play well next season? Or why he had been struggling to score goals until recently? (If you do research, you'll find that the doctors had told him his rehab would not put him back into 100% form until a year from his injuries in 2012-13).

Your post is actually so irrelevant to this thread that I can't even argue with you without going off topic.

You know you have a strong argument when...

And what system would that be? Edler started playing poorly long before Torts got here. Fire the coach and get a new one just because one player is a basket case? Think not. I'd buyout or trade Edler long before I did the same with Booth if those were my only two options.

:)

2012 he had 49 points and an even rating

Last year (shortend season) he was on pace for 40 points and was only a -5

I'd say torts system has a LOT to do with it. It worked great for some (Tanev) but worse for others (garrison,elder,hamhuis)

Don't buy him out.

Evaluate where we are at the deadline; he might very well be excellent trade bait at the deadline if we aren't where we want to be. If he produces to ability, he's got no NTC, and an expiring free agent. He probably won't land a top-flight prospect in trade, but even a single late 1st rounder instead of a buyout... that would be a win, no?

That is what we call is an asset. Why we would buy that out is beyond me.

Archived