The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stacked Utica Team Next Year

Kevo882

Good line up but I think Corrado starts in Utica unless Vancouver moves one of their top six defensemen during the off season.

Would also like to see Sauve cut loose and bring back Huskins.

That lineup is without any additions (which will likely be made).

I'd like to see Huskins back too, but retirement could be a possibility.

We'll see about Corrado. I think we have too many holes up front to justify not moving one of our 4+ million dollar D-men. Too much money tied up in a core that is not even close to being one of the best in the league.

I'm excited as anybody for the next Comets season, but just because a bunch of our top prospects are gonna be in the AHL next year doesn't mean they'll be stacked, we need some veterans in the lineup too to help mentor them. I hope DeFazio, Pelletier, Huskins, Biega and O'Reilly are all brought back - I'd even possibly sign Huskins and O'Reilly to two-way deals, both could be good depth in case we get a rash of injuries.

Grenier-Pelletier-Shinkaruk

DeFazio-O'Reilly-Fox

Archibald-Gaunce-Friesen

Zalewski-Lain-Kenins

Blomstrand, Mallet, Costello

Huskins-Corrado

Biega-Andersson

Tommernes-Blain

McEneny

Eriksson

Cannata

I think Jensen will start the year with the Canucks - Corrado, Archibald, and Lain all have chances as well but I hope the team looks something like this, give or take a couple of AHL veteran signings.

I just love reading how excited all of you are about your prospects playing IN UTICA! Thank YOU!

Keeping with the thoughts of resigning veterans, this Comets team would not have had the season they had WITHOUT: DeFazio, O'Reilly, Pelletier, Biega and Huskins. Of these, ALL were the spark this team needed. Their leadership combined with these incoming prospects, should make for a very exciting 2014-15 campaign.

We are now 2 weeks removed from hockey here in Utica, yet, the fans here are already talking about next season. I will try to keep you posted on the events going on in Utica that are Comets related.

I just love reading how excited all of you are about your prospects playing IN UTICA! Thank YOU!

Keeping with the thoughts of resigning veterans, this Comets team would not have had the season they had WITHOUT: DeFazio, O'Reilly, Pelletier, Biega and Huskins. Of these, ALL were the spark this team needed. Their leadership combined with these incoming prospects, should make for a very exciting 2014-15 campaign.

We are now 2 weeks removed from hockey here in Utica, yet, the fans here are already talking about next season. I will try to keep you posted on the events going on in Utica that are Comets related.

Please do, and have a great summer.

He is eligible.

But will likely be back in junior anyway for another year.

I would expect Utica to have a few more veterans on the team, it wont be purely prospects on the farm team. You need experience and players to help the young players understand what it means to be a pro.

I hope they keep Pelletier, O'Reilly, Biega, Huskins, DeFazio and Ferriero.

Pelletier was their leading scorer so I can easily see him returning. Same with some of the others but not a guarantee of all of them.

I'd really be a fan of keeping O'Reilly around but it maybe a hard sell. I'm sure he still wants to play in the NHL if he can find a way. Pelletier should be a lock.

DeFazio should be easier. I think he'll stay. Huskins could re-sign too or he'll retire.

I don't have a great read on Biega. What does he add that they can't get elsewhere? Just a steadying presence? I'd guess that Sauve might be gone so there should he at least one roster spot.

Shink: Lost a whole season so I am thinking another season in the WHL might be a good idea, especially with his size. Overager.

Cederholm: Much talk of another season with Portland as a overager. A more prominent role with Johnson as coach.

Shink: Lost a whole season so I am thinking another season in the WHL might be a good idea, especially with his size. Overager.

Cederholm: Much talk of another season with Portland as a overager. A more prominent role with Johnson as coach.

shinkaruk cant play in the chl mext year. he isnt eligible. its nhl ahl or echl for him

Shinkaruk - Pelletier - Jensen

Fox - Gaunce - O'Reilly

Archibald - Friesen - Grenier

DeFazio - Lain - Kenins

Welsh, Mallet

Cederholm - Tommernes

Sauve - Biega

Andersson - McEneny

Eriksson

Cannata

I think this is closer to the line-up we will see next year in Utica. It's a good mix of veterans and prospects with gaunce fox shink and kenins all rookies making an impact on the team.

I think Jensen makes the canucks next year though, and welsh and mallet are on the bubble competing with costello and zalewski. could be as many as 6 rookies in the line-up, but the skill level and compete level of these young players coming in will mean they won't start the season losing 10 in a row and could compete for a playoff spot.

I'm almost as excited to watch Utica next year as I am the canucks. Go Comets Go!

I think this is closer to the line-up we will see next year in Utica. It's a good mix of veterans and prospects with gaunce fox shink and kenins all rookies making an impact on the team.

I think Jensen makes the canucks next year though, and welsh and mallet are on the bubble competing with costello and zalewski. could be as many as 6 rookies in the line-up, but the skill level and compete level of these young players coming in will mean they won't start the season losing 10 in a row and could compete for a playoff spot.

I'm almost as excited to watch Utica next year as I am the canucks. Go Comets Go!

me too..good analysis....I do think Shink will get a long look with the Canucks,,although it depends on his hip progress.....Mallet and Sauve are almost done..dont forget Grenier..this kid is a late bloomer with a big upside.

Archived