The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stacked Utica Team Next Year

Kevo882

Possibly Schroeder, that group is average at best.

after years of being at the bottom of the league in prospect depth; i will accept average. this coming draft has the potential to really bolster the group even more.

This team, on paper, is just "average enough" to go deep into the playoffs. Looking at who should be coming to Utica in 2014-15, combined with the core of last season's team, this will be a very exciting team to watch. I don't want to rush summer, but this tentative Comets roster will be rocking the Aud this season.

Now that hockey is back in Utica, there is something positive going on here during the long winter months. Living here is now tolerable half the year with the Comets in town. Canucks hockey is available through our local cable provider through the NHL package. The Comets' road games are just as good. There are 5 other teams here in New York, all within a 2 hr. drive. Even the Canucks rival, Calgary Flames' farm team, Adirondack, is only 2 hrs away now and not 3 time zones. Yep, life is good now that the Comet's call Utica home. Oh, and by the way, new this year to the excitement, the Comets will be playing against Syracuse in the "Frozen Dome" weekend. That weekend, all Central NY hockey fans will be treated to INDOOR hockey at Syracuse's' Carrier Dome. The Utica College men's hockey team (that lead the NATION in D3 hockey attendance) will play against another powerhouse, Oswego State. The finale will see the Syracuse Crunch host the Utica Comets. Current expectations will see this event exceed 20k fans for the Crunch/Comets alone.

Now that hockey is back in Utica, there is something positive going on here during the long winter months. Living here is now tolerable half the year with the Comets in town. Canucks hockey is available through our local cable provider through the NHL package. The Comets' road games are just as good. There are 5 other teams here in New York, all within a 2 hr. drive. Even the Canucks rival, Calgary Flames' farm team, Adirondack, is only 2 hrs away now and not 3 time zones. Yep, life is good now that the Comet's call Utica home. Oh, and by the way, new this year to the excitement, the Comets will be playing against Syracuse in the "Frozen Dome" weekend. That weekend, all Central NY hockey fans will be treated to INDOOR hockey at Syracuse's' Carrier Dome. The Utica College men's hockey team (that lead the NATION in D3 hockey attendance) will play against another powerhouse, Oswego State. The finale will see the Syracuse Crunch host the Utica Comets. Current expectations will see this event exceed 20k fans for the Crunch/Comets alone.

Nice to see you still here during the offseason UF.

I like what you're saying. It looks like a fantastic relationship between the farm/parent team, much like the Win Moose days. With the new leadership in Van, I expect the relationshp to be even better; good communication and flow between teams. Both clubs will play a similar style and it will be easy for young plyaers to go back and forth between teams.

I really like that Utica fans can also follow the Canucks and keep up with the propsects as they start making the jump to the big league.

I appreciate MGs efforts to bring Utica into the 'knucklehead' family.

Imo, the Comets will have a decent year next season and will continue to improve in the upcoming years.

I like to stay informed on the parent club as it directly relates to what's happening here in Utica. It was a fun ride our 1st season and I'm (Utica) am (is) so looking forward to Comets hockey, Part 2. It's been a pleasure becoming part of the Canucks fan base. It's really enjoyable to see fans that are passionate about, not only the Canucks, but for the sport of hockey as well. I hope that the Utica/Vancouver affiliation will last for a very long time.

[signing] Pascal Pelletier signs with KHL club Medvescak Zagreb

The club's leading points and goal scorer moving on, hopefully the young guys can replace him.

that leaves a pretty big hole in the roster. now i hope they retain colin stuart. i thought pelts was going to stay, need to keep the better vets now (o'reilly, stuart, huskins... maybe ferriero.)

Zalewski and Fox looked like pretty decent projects MG signed up, I'd like to see how they go in the pre-season. Zalewski looked pretty good in the few games he played and I think he scored a point as well while playing nothing minutes.

Obviously Fox is highly touted so love to see what he can bring to the NHL, he looks like a far more skilled Archibald and even Archibald played well in the NHL for bits. Shinkaruk was also the last player to get kicked off the pre-season cuts list so I wouldn't be surprised if he made the opening night Canucks roster.

If we happen to trade Kesler away for a bunch of picks and prospects (let's just say Etem, 10th and 24th for the heck of it) and we draft say Virtanen and Fleury who aren't yet NHL ready (but will be in a seasons time) we could see this many prospects in our roster at the most next year:

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen

Kassian - Santorelli - Higgins

Burrows - Horvat - Etem

Hansen - Richardson - Matthias

And in 2 years time:

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen

Kassian - Horvat - Shinkaruk

Hansen - Matthias - Etem

Virtanen - Gaunce - Santorelli

Archived