The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2014 IIHF World Championship Thread (Bieksa named Captain)

Don Cherry is gonna go nuts!!

"Wadda I tell ya folks, that Bieska is the best"

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/Kevin+Bieksa+named+Team+Canadas+captain+world+championship/9818756/story.html

MINSK, Belarus - Kevin Bieksa has been named Team Canada's captain for the world championships.

Bieksa, an alternate captain for the Vancouver Canucks, is the fourth-oldest player on the team at age 32 and is representing Canada internationally for the first time.

Kyle Turris of the Ottawa Senators and Jason Chimera of the Washington Capitals are the alternates.

Coach Dave Tippett said Bieksa was chosen because of his outgoing personality and his on-ice passion, while Chimera's experience and Turris's role as a "good teammate" earned them letters.

James Reimer of the Toronto Maple Leafs will start in goal for Canada's tournament opener Friday against France.

Tippett said Ben Scrivens of the Edmonton Oilers — a former teammate of Reimer's in Toronto — will start Saturday night against Slovakia.

9818818.jpg

Getting my jersey back out of the closet now....

Right...Just a coincidence I'm sure.

Keep living in the land of delusion.

Since his official injury is nt being released but only reported as minor that will not affect his offseason training I highly doubt his injury is because of being overplayed and rather a freak injury, while you may or may not be correct about it stemming from playing 19 games in a row, you lend no credence to your case when you resort to childish insults. The video below shows an injury to his finger that one could glean as minor and far from being caused by playing 19 games in a row, not saying I am correct with the assumption that that is the injury that kept him back but it is no less delusional than you blaming torts with no evidence but your opinion. No one but lack knows what caused it.

http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2014/04/26/eddie-lacks-bandaged-finger-indicates-some-sort-of-finger-injury-video/

Guest Dasein

It's a very young team so not much surprise there.

Great honour. Hopefully they get some more veterans on that team because it looks very young and inexperienced.

It's a very young team so not much surprise there.

Great honour. Hopefully they get some more veterans on that team because it looks very young and inexperienced.

So happy he wants to be here for the rebuild to help mentor our young guys.

Hopefully picking up his TC jersey.

"Coach Dave Tippett said Bieksa was chosen because of his outgoing personality and his on-ice passion..."

Our man BXah...the dude makes friends everywhere he goes. One of those guys you want working the grill at your back yard barbeque and hanging around sitting in the easy chair shootin' the breeze with a cool one with friends and family. What's there not to like about Juice?

Would love to see Juice sporting a mullet and earring like his pop Big Al. That'd be classic.

The problem is that he was possibly injured because of Torts overplaying him, but there is no proof to support that Torts caused the injury.

For illustrative purposes, Brent Sopel injured himself picking up a cracker. Sami Salo injured himself playing at home with his kid.

Sammy wasn't singing soprano because of play with his kid!

Archived