The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

School stress vent h8 everything

logic

You think this is stressful? Just wait until real life kicks you in the ass and you need to worry about paying for a roof over your head and food to eat.

Yes and quite often this is only the beginning. Adult life can really suck.

You think this is stressful? Just wait until real life kicks you in the ass and you need to worry about paying for a roof over your head and food to eat.

This is stressful, because he is just a kid.

Its senseless when adults talk down to kids about how their problems are so much more severe.

Want to know why you are better at dealing with stress than a 16 year old? Experience. That is pretty much what it comes down to. For this kid, its probably one of the few stressful things he has ever had to deal with in life, and doesn't have the experience of knowing how to deal with stress and that he'll come through on the other side just fine with a bit of hard work.

Your problems are insignificant compared to mine, so buck up, is dbd advice to give a kid.

When I was in college I had to upgrade my math because I didn't have math 12. I worked so hard trying to make that crap make sense and it never did. It took me three times of taking the basic high-school math equivalence to finally barely pass the class.

I hate the attitude that your not trying hard enough or that you need to spend more time studying or doing homework. Sometimes people just don't get math!

I would suggest getting a tutor to help you and don't listen to anyone being negative or talking about real 'stress' I think sometimes adults forget what it's like to be a kid.

Good luck.

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. Grade 10 classes don't matter for post secondary. Yea I know right the school never tells you this but it's true. Grade 11 and 12 is all they care about so don't worry about it.

Why is everyone giving this kid a hard time? You guys realize the average grade in math classes in BC is around 60% right?nbelieve it or not, people struggle in math classes. Don't have to be a smart ass about it

Stress is a part of life and what's important is how you deal with it. Stress can make you or break you. Depending on what you see yourself as in the future, you might realize that this class will be absolutely useless for you in the future, but because you need it to graduate and move on to post-secondary if you desire, then go seek help as some have suggested. I don't believe in the education system changing for certain people because you should not be catered in your education, but rather students should learn and adapt which is a part of everyday life.

I was on academic probation in my first year of university and I was stressed about possibly being kicked out, but I re-took a course that I did very poorly in (calculus), got the proper help and worked harder and in the end, I got an A. Let the stress be a motivator, complaining about stress will not make it go away.

You might as well just quit now. Get a rope, find a tree. Wait. Are you able to tie a knot?

Dude. 10th grade is nothing. At all. Doesn't mean shit for post secondary.

Life gets a lot harder. If this causes you this kinda stress, you aren't going to last.

Take a deep breath and get off the facking computer. CDC isn't going to make you better at math.

What the hell is wrong with kids these days?

I'm not sure why people are blaming the OP for being stressed out. He's probably getting it piled on from parents, teachers as to why this is important (it isn't).

As for passing the course, I can do math, but I need it explained to me VERY clearly. Most teachers weren't able to do this effectively for me, so my grades widely fluctuated (I'm talking between A's and D's) until I found a tutor who understood how to explain things to me. For certain teachers, I needed the entire course re-taught to me. I'm not stupid either; I managed to get one of the top marks in my University level Stats course.

Honestly, you're probably better off long-term if you re-take the course with a different instructor. Grade 11 is going to build off of the stuff you're struggling with, and you're going to have an even harder time next year as a result. Post-secondary won't even look at your grades now, but they will for grade 11.

woah man talk about cheap shots

i'm just saying, i'm just saying. i'll admit that i'm no better. i was a C average all throughout high school; i was lazy. the only B's i would get would be in math or science and when i did see a B on my thing i'd fist pump and continue on with my day. high school is stressful for some people but it's just a set up for what to expect after: more stress and more studying. fun!

Lol Grade 10.

You might not realize it now, but it has pretty much no impact on your pursuit to get in to post-secondary.

Don't stress it.

It could if you end up in A/W 11 next year.. but if you ARE putting in a decent effort and not seeing the results that might be the best bet for you. Arts majors and tradespeople have more fun anyways.

Approach it with a real world angle.

Get a part time job and offer a some money to a student who just gets it to do your homework and partner work for you. (be sure to haggle the prices) If possible sit near this person. Cheating whether on class work or tests in high school is child's play and keeping your source of knowledge within eyeball distance reaps benefits. Utilize cheat sheets. Cover your body with them under your sleeves or under the neck of your shirt. This especially can help if a student in an earlier class of the same level snaps you a picture of the test before you have your class. Remember it is only cheating if you get caught and a model used by many wealthy people (and HS rarely gives out bad punishment for it).

People probably won't agree with me and it has been 6 years now since I was in High School (things may have changed) but cheating worked for me. 9th grade I had like a 58% average on the year in Math. 10th-12th my average had to be around 97% on all 3 years. I wouldn't get lower than a B in any class after that.

If not then get a tutor.

Approach it with a real world angle.

Get a part time job and offer a some money to a student who just gets it to do your homework and partner work for you. (be sure to haggle the prices) If possible sit near this person. Cheating whether on class work or tests in high school is child's play and keeping your source of knowledge within eyeball distance reaps benefits. Utilize cheat sheets. Cover your body with them under your sleeves or under the neck of your shirt. This especially can help if a student in an earlier class of the same level snaps you a picture of the test before you have your class. Remember it is only cheating if you get caught and a model used by many wealthy people (and HS rarely gives out bad punishment for it).

People probably won't agree with me and it has been 6 years now since I was in High School (things may have changed) but cheating worked for me. 9th grade I had like a 58% average on the year in Math. 10th-12th my average had to be around 97% on all 3 years. I wouldn't get lower than a B in any class after that.

If not then get a tutor.

Lol I love this!!!

Archived