The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Offical] Kesler traded to Anaheim

TheRussianRocket.

I wish Gillis was still running this operation.

He'd hold on to Kesler for a year, then trade Horvat for below market value, and then trade Kesler for a weak return anyway leaving Brendan Gaunce to jump in as 2nd line center in his rookie season.

That's ok, you still have Nonis to botch the trades with Kadri, Phaneuf to provide lots of entertainment.

Columbus will never in a million years make that trade.

Pittsburgh will never in a million years make that trade.

Anaheim will never in a million years make that trade.

Lucic will never come to Vancouver in a million years. He hates the city now.

Yea I know :( real wishful thinking

IF we're going younger with the roster, & will open up a lot of cap, I'd accept 2 mill of Kesler's hit. If we're dealing with a contender that doesn't have much cap space, and this would increase the returning youth/picks..I'd say, why not?

Take on his salary if we can get an extra pick out of it

This is really funny, the Blackhawks writer on HockeyBuzz claiming that the Hawks are out of the running for Kesler because asking price is too high. Link

So, Chicago is letting it slip now that they aren't interested, knowing that there's very little chance that Kesler gets moved before everyone gets together for the draft, hoping to drive the price down.

As if they would state "Oh, we are really more interested in a player at Tampa". Would completely undermine their negotiating position with other teams to state, "We're no longer talking about Kesler"

This is really funny, the Blackhawks writer on HockeyBuzz claiming that the Hawks are out of the running for Kesler because asking price is too high. Link

So, Chicago is letting it slip now that they aren't interested, knowing that there's very little chance that Kesler gets moved before everyone gets together for the draft, hoping to drive the price down.

As if they would state "Oh, we are really more interested in a player at Tampa". Would completely undermine their negotiating position with other teams to state, "We're no longer talking about Kesler"

Sweet means benning knows exactly what kesler is worth.

Sweet means benning knows exactly what kesler is worth.

Exactly! I have a feeling this is the most likely destination for Kesler. Could be wrong, just think that Kane will push and they will make a deal at the draft.

Its funny that teams think this type of negotiating actually works!

LOL to true

A poem as lovely as a tree: "As the night wind blows, the boughs move to and fro. / The rustling, the magic rustling that brings on the dark dream. / The dream of suffering and pain. / Pain for the victim, pain for the inflictor of pain. / A circle of pain, a circle of suffering. / Woe to the ones who behold the pale horse."

Hope it doesn't end up like when Gillis knew exactly what Luongo was worth...

Luongo was worth what Gillis was asking for until the CBA changed. Unfortunately Gillis' asking price never changed with it.

Kesler's contract makes it so there's no reason that Benning shouldn't get exactly what Kesler is worth.

Am I the only one on CDC who thinks that Kesler is the most over rated player on CDC. The fans make this guy sound the the second coming of a Gretzky. He was a great player but to my recollection the Canucks record without him was not terrible. He wasn't exactly the heart and soul of the team. I don't recall him to be a big game guy. Torts was right the core being stale and out of the core Kesler and his moodiness would be on my list to be the first to go. This will give the Canucks a great opportunity to find a young kid to add into the core and work toward the future.

Archived