The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Dan Boyle's rights traded to NYI

They absolutely need another right hand shot, with Hamonic being their only quality defender who doesn't shoot from the left. Whether he signs there is another story.

Yup, kinda ruins my proposal if they do.

Well it doesn't ruin it...just makes it less likely.

Exactly what I was thinking. Darnitall!

They still need a "Hansen" though. There's also no guarantee Boyle signs and having some depth (and youth) in RHD wouldn't be horrible even if he does.

I want that 5th damn it! :P

They still need a "Hansen" though. There's also no guarantee Boyle signs and having some depth (and youth) in RHD wouldn't be horrible even if he does.

I want that 5th damn it! :P

You 'plead the 5th', I WANT that youth! Strome, + Rhino/Pulock are closer to the show.

Burrows(retain 1.5), Hansen, Tanev, Markstrom & our 2015 1st(if it's not a top-7 pick)..would be a Helluva package to cover the Vanek-debacle. They'd get FOUR great contributors for about 9 mill.

Good move. Even if he doesn't resign, u only lose a 5th. Gives them some time to get a contract if Boyle wants to stay. I initially thought that they'd go after Niskanen or some 1 else, but it makes sense to get a veteran on that young blue line. If he signs, this is what their blueline looks like:

Boyle Hamonic

De Haan Reinhart

Hickey Visnovsky

Looks pretty good.

I really like this move for the Islanders if they can lock Boyle up. IMO Boyle is no longer a top 2 but a very solid #3-4. Say they sign Orpik for the top pair then Greene for the bottom pair

Orpik - Hamonic

Reinhart - Boyle

de Haan - Greene

Visnovsky, Hickey

That is a really solid looking defence especially if Reinhart is ready. I like their depth too.

I really like this move for the Islanders if they can lock Boyle up. IMO Boyle is no longer a top 2 but a very solid #3-4. Say they sign Orpik for the top pair then Greene for the bottom pair

Orpik - Hamonic

Reinhart - Boyle

de Haan - Greene

Visnovsky, Hickey

That is a really solid looking defence especially if Reinhart is ready. I like their depth too.

Orpik on their first pairing won't make them better he is a 3rd pairing defencemen with not much speed.

If they sign Boyle then they'll need to add another top 4 defencemen and it'll look much better.

_____ - Hamonic

Reinhart - Boyle

de Haan - Mayfield

The Islanders can never sign any UFA's so they have to acquire pending UFA rights.

Tavares should get out of there.

I don't think they necessarily have to acquire rights for players but it's a smart move. Get a few more days, in this case a lot more days, to talk to a player and tell him where they want to go with their organization without other franchises coming in and promising the riches. Also, how valuable is a 5th round pick really? very few players selected in the 5th round make it to the NHL.

When will they ever learn? I highly doubt he signs there. Detroit would probably give $5.5 for a year. The Isles would have have to do a multiyear $6m per to get it done. If they want to get back to the playoffs a player like this would be great there.

Archived