The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[speculation]Kings offer Gaborik 3 years at $5M per

Chicago is the 2nd best team in the league but they don't have a 2nd line center. Sure that's one hole, but that's one more hole than LA has.

Also, Quick > Crawford, Doughty>Keith

Keith has a slight edge over doughty IMO

I hope he tests the market van should offer him 6 mil per for 3 yrs we have tons of cap space plus it finally gives sedins a sniper to play with and his contract will expire same yr burrows is up and our prospects will be 2-3yrs stronger with tons of ahl experience plus maybe a few steal spots in bottom9

Sedin sedin gaborik

Higgins 2nd line center shinkaruk

Burrows horvat kassian

Mattias santorelli fa banger(thornton, tootoo,fiddler)

Lain/sestito/fox 13th forward

In 3yrs sedin sedin virtanen

Jensen horvat kassian

Fox gaunce shinkaruk

Kenins cassels lain

$6 M per would still be a steal, and I'd think they'd settle around $6 - $6.5 M since he's worth around that even in the open market. He'd want to come back given how he succeeded next to Kopitar and how he'd be on a winner for the next couple of seasons instead of playing for big bucks which he's done in the years past on less successful teams (Columbus, New York, Minnesota).

I think LA is a more balanced, deeper, and a better overall team but Chicago has more gamebreakers. They're neck-and-neck IMO, and people's opinions on who's better will change year to year.

idk Chicago has been better than LA in every regular season since the 2006-2007 season aside from the 2010-2011 season where LA had one more point than Chicago. While having equal amount of Cup wins and 4 conference finals vs 3 for LA (granted theirs is consistently but Chicago did it two years in a row with a break in between then two years in a row again). Last year Chicago rolled over LA winning 4-1 while this year it went into double OT in game 7.

There is no way you can say LA is better than Chicago when all the stats point the other way. Even more so if Gaborik doesn't agree to resign

I can list numerous reasons the most evident would be LA played 2 series within the same state and against Anaheim they didn't even need to leave their homes. Anaheim to LA is like driving to Langley from Vancouver.

Reasons..lol. those are excuses. and excuses dont win the Cup. LA is a better team.

I'm sure if he goes past July 1, he will get a higher dollar amount from a team. For his career and the way he fit in LA, I would take this deal, live in California, have a cup ring and try to be apart of a team that looks deadly already heading into next few years.

It depends... he's got a ring now. Winning another may not be as big a deal. He may be even LESS inclined to sign with a contender than ever before.

My guess is he cashes in with another team who pays big not only to add him but to keep him off the stacked Kings - maybe Anaheim?

It depends... he's got a ring now. Winning another may not be as big a deal. He may be even LESS inclined to sign with a contender than ever before.

My guess is he cashes in with another team who pays big not only to add him but to keep him off the stacked Kings - maybe Anaheim?

Anaheim needs to work on their defense and goalie. I don't think they would need Gaborik. Not sure though.

And please no to Gaborik for Van. We're trying to get younger and considering how its always open season on Canucks players I don't see how Gaborik could stay healthy on this team. Half our core is already injury prone and I wouldn't risk $6 mil in cap space for another one.

I been think about it that if we can try to get him on the canucks He can led the team to win every game for the canucks. I hope that It will help us so much and I am looking forward to get him He is better player like Jeff cater and mike Richard they good team

we will trade you for

higgs two others Shawn Matthias Jannik Hansen

for Gaborik Jeff cater and mike Richard if you have any question about this trade please let me know or message me

its going to be happen in July the 1st

Archived