The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elliot Friedman 30 Thoughts: Canucks ha have made offer for 1st overall pick

People are getting all bent out of shape based on rumours heresay and what gms say(lies)

Give it a break!

On Shinkaruk : lindens mom doesn't miss a medicine tigers game. If he is traded it will be for a good reason. Pair that with the fact that drafting is in Bennings wheel house and he will make the best available pick for our team with whatever pick we have. Relax guys quite listening to all the bs

Benning would have scouted shink while with the bruins. if he didnt like him then, he wouldnt like him now.

That's an interesting thought, thanks for pointing it out.

Gillis had his assessment of players, and would have stubbornly stuck with it.

Now we've got Benning and Linden's perspective: this will help the team a lot in the long run, and if a guy like Shink isn't as good as GMMG professed then it's likely Linbenning wouldn't have an ego clouding movement decisions.

Another reason to be hopeful moving in to the next five years.

Would still suck to lose someone who can do this:

Reinhart better be worth all the effort, esp. if Draisaitl/ Dal Colle/ Ehlers/ Nylander aren't all that different in terms of skill upside. I wouldn't mind taking Leon or Michael at the 6 if they fall that far.

Fu(k, look at the joy and excitement in his eyes there!!! That youthful exuberance would help towards making it great for the team to come to the rink every day. This is what I see. Past the skill and and the energy, he's always smiling, always grateful for what he has, yet understands how good he is. I want this kid on the team!!! It needs more of this attitude. Not the same dogmatic attitude spouted off from every player you normally see since the dawn of time!!!

I have pointed out to you that I think this draft is very similar to 2012 and I would call Yakupov a bust thus far.

If 2014 is like 2012, then who cares where we pick. Some decent returns at all positions in that first round.

2. Murray 3. Gachehyuk 4. Reinhart 5. Reilly 6. Lindholm 8. POULLIOT 9. Trouba..... then a whole lot more.

wait a minute, this draft is nothing like 2012 - look at all those wicked d-men!.......

And I'd join the Yukipoof bust group; at least according to my Oiler friend fans.

So to sum it up. This is what the last 5 pages look like

1 camp, trading Shinkaruk, Tanev AND the 6th overall is not worth moving up for yet another center. Shinkaruk has the potnetial to be a top 6 sniper in this league. Tanev can be a solid top 4 shutdown D pairing and is only getting better every single year. Nylander and Draisatl have the potnetial to be top line centers.

2nd Camp: Shinkaruk can bust, Tanev can never realize his full potential. Reinhart...now THAT is a guy who can win you a championship guaranteed based on potential. That potential...wow that potential.

See how that looks?

So to sum it up. This is what the last 5 pages look like

1 camp, trading Shinkaruk, Tanev AND the 6th overall is not worth moving up for yet another center. Shinkaruk has the potnetial to be a top 6 sniper in this league. Tanev can be a solid top 4 shutdown D pairing and is only getting better every single year. Nylander and Draisatl have the potnetial to be top line centers.

2nd Camp: Shinkaruk can bust, Tanev can never realize his full potential. Reinhart...now THAT is a guy who can win you a championship guaranteed based on potential. That potential...wow that potential.

See how that looks?

Too true warhippy

I think we need to come to the middle id really like reinhart but not willing to part with are untoucheables like bo shincky kass and jensen. We need are futur we cant just keep trading it for other future

That said i really want reinhart and would be willing to trade tanev

Too true warhippy

I think we need to come to the middle id really like reinhart but not willing to part with are untoucheables like bo shincky kass and jensen. We need are futur we cant just keep trading it for other future

That said i really want reinhart and would be willing to trade tanev

We HAVE the current assets to make a deal for that 1st without giving up Horvat, Hutton, Jensen, Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Subban, Fox or the like.

But people don't see it that way.

We also have a potential Kesler deal which could see us have items we could move as well to make that trade without giving up our prospects.

But it is mind boggling how people can swear Shink won't make it, the 6th won't make it yet in the same breath swear reinhart IS the answer....

We HAVE the current assets to make a deal for that 1st without giving up Horvat, Hutton, Jensen, Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Subban, Fox or the like.

But people don't see it that way.

We also have a potential Kesler deal which could see us have items we could move as well to make that trade without giving up our prospects.

But it is mind boggling how people can swear Shink won't make it, the 6th won't make it yet in the same breath swear reinhart IS the answer....

The bolded statement makes no sense in my mind,

You don't want to trade our prospects but you are willing to move our roster player for prospects to flip around and trade them without acknowledging that they could be more developed or more talented than the prospects we have.

If we got a player like TT from Chicago or Pouliot from Pitts, theres no way i'd put them in the proposal over some of our other top prospects.

There never is a sure thing with prospects but most analyst are saying that Reinhart is going to be a great 2nd line centre at the very least. I just can't wait for the draft too much going on here that anything can happen.

The bolded statement makes no sense in my mind,

You don't want to trade our prospects but you are willing to move our roster player for prospects to flip around and trade them without acknowledging that they could be more developed or more talented than the prospects we have.

If we got a player like TT from Chicago or Pouliot from Pitts, theres no way i'd put them in the proposal over some of our other top prospects.

There never is a sure thing with prospects but most analyst are saying that Reinhart is going to be a great 2nd line centre at the very least. I just can't wait for the draft too much going on here that anything can happen.

IF we move Kesler for the proposed Pick, Prospect, Roster player

Than we can very viably keep the prospect and include the roster player and or pick for the rumoured trade for the 1st overall instead of dipping in to our meager prospect pool.

That is the point I am trying to make.

Such as int he event of a Chicago trade Where Shaw/Saad or Leddy comes back. Or an Anaheim trade where Palmeri or Smith Pelly come back.

Any prospect coming back I would not put in to a proposal for the same reason as I don't want to see Shinkaruk or any of our current prospects leave. We need that future and we will need that future in the next 2 seasons or so.

Trading them makes no sense.

Man...came in here for updates and it's like 10 pages of Deniro and Peaches pissing at each other over a rumour that doesn't even fit what Tallon has asked for.

I know the weather's not been great but maybe you two should go outside for a walk and some fresh air.

IF we move Kesler for the proposed Pick, Prospect, Roster player

Than we can very viably keep the prospect and include the roster player and or pick for the rumoured trade for the 1st overall instead of dipping in to our meager prospect pool.

That is the point I am trying to make.

Such as int he event of a Chicago trade Where Shaw/Saad or Leddy comes back. Or an Anaheim trade where Palmeri or Smith Pelly come back.

Any prospect coming back I would not put in to a proposal for the same reason as I don't want to see Shinkaruk or any of our current prospects leave. We need that future and we will need that future in the next 2 seasons or so.

Trading them makes no sense.

Fair enough, I think Florida would want a good prospect included but I too think it's ludicrous to include Shinkaruk alongside Tanev and 6th to target the pick.

All I know is that the next 2 days are going to be interesting, grab the popcorn lol

Man...came in here for updates and it's like 10 pages of Deniro and Peaches pissing at each other over a rumour that doesn't even fit what Tallon has asked for.

I know the weather's not been great but maybe you two should go outside for a walk and some fresh air.

And THAT is the exact statement people forget.

He wants players now, the pick and a young roster player by all reports.

Not more prospects.

And THAT is the exact statement people forget.

He wants players now, the pick and a young roster player by all reports.

Not more prospects.

Seems to be lost on quite a few around here. I don't know if Tanev (or Hansen) + the 6th is "enough" though, there's the hitch. So either we add more (what though?) or it has to be more of an impact guy (Burrows/Higgins?).

I wonder if Tallon would do Tanev + Hansen and our 6th (with the 1st + coming back as now we're overpaying)? Otherwise I suppose we have to see what's possibly coming back from the Kesler deal and maybe it's that "roster player" plus our 6th (Sharp?)?

Regardless I don't see Shinkaruk as part of the deal regardless of how anybody values him or Reinhart. He's not what Tallon wants.

Seems to be lost on quite a few around here. I don't know if Tanev (or Hansen) + the 6th is "enough" though, there's the hitch. So either we add more (what though?) or it has to be more of an impact guy (Burrows/Higgins?).

I wonder if Tallon would do Tanev + Hansen and our 6th (with the 1st + coming back as now we're overpaying)? Otherwise I suppose we have to see what's possibly coming back from the Kesler deal and maybe it's that "roster player" plus our 6th (Sharp?)?

Regardless I don't see Shinkaruk as part of the deal regardless of how anybody values him or Reinhart. He's not what Tallon wants.

I actually think Florida would love to have Hunter on their team. What they need now is marketing and exciting hockey and Hunter fits their needs. Playing in Florida allows him to do what he wants as a speedy goal scorer instead force to play a two way game in order to win. He's the perfect marketing machine for Florida.

no one will trade their first overall pick for Tanev Hansen and a 6th. I forgot how many times i say this already but you cant just offer spare parts to get something you want.

I understand that some people dont agree that it is worth it to include hunter and a 6th in part of the deal to land a first overall, and I am fine with that opinion... but IF you want the first overall pick, this would be the price range that Tallon is looking for in real life..

What i hate to see is that some people on cdc clearly wants the pick, but they try to convince others that the first overall pick would suck (not you)

I actually think Florida would love to have Hunter on their team. What they need now is marketing and exciting hockey and Hunter fits their needs. Playing in Florida allows him to do what he wants as a speedy goal scorer instead force to play a two way game in order to win. He's the perfect marketing machine for Florida.

no one will trade their first overall pick for Tanev Hansen and a 6th. I forgot how many times i say this already but you cant just offer spare parts to get something you want.

I understand that some people dont agree that it is worth it to include hunter and a 6th in part of the deal to land a first overall, and I am fine with that opinion... but IF you want the first overall pick, this would be the price range that Tallon is looking for in real life..

What i hate to see is that some people on cdc clearly wants the pick, but they try to convince others that the first overall pick would suck (not you)

I believe at that price the 3rd overall can be had from Edm for a lot less

Tanev + Hansen + 6th for 1st?

Yes do it. Frees up valuable roster spots to bring youth in. Also fits ALL of the criteria Tallon has spoken of. 2 players young at spots he has quoted wanting playing roles he has spoken of wanting.

If Sharp is coming back in any way shape or form though I think him + the 6th is enough absolutely. On a different thread Sharp alone or Sharp + should be enough to grab the 5th from Snow on Long Island as such makes the need for the 1st overall moot.

Archived