The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[UPDATED] Invites to Canucks 2014 Prospect Summer Development Camp

Team 3 ended up winning it with a group of Horvat, Liberati and McEneny . Time was 45 minutes, pretty impressive.

That makes me feel a little better of my first time of the year of 50 min a couple weeks ago.

Was expecting better then 45 min from future pro's. I had a top time of 43 min a couple of years back.

If the team sends Shink back to the dub, I would guess that it would be for two reasons:

(1) They don't want to burn a year off of his ELC;

(2) They would rather see him rehab his hip playing against junior sized players vs. grown men of professional hockey (AHL). given that he's an undersized player..Shink has spent four calendar years in Junior A, but in reality he lost nearly an entire season with his injury, so it may serve him well to be back in the dub this coming season.

He's not physically mature enough yet. I've been a competetive athlete for awhile and although some people phyically mature quicker than others I didn't notice a real mature sense of power and strength untill my mid 20's onwards. And it is a process because it takes time and consistency in the gym to do it right. People just need to be patient with him because he has the skill, but once his strength blossoms he will be a gamer. Rushing him could end up with a severe injury against big, strong AHL players.

That makes me feel a little better of my first time of the year of 50 min a couple weeks ago.

Was expecting better then 45 min from future pro's. I had a top time of 43 min a couple of years back.

lots of the guys are probably hitting the gym hard , eating like crazy to add size and bulk up for the up coming season i bet the times would be better towards the end of the summer when they start to cut any fat they gained. that would be my guess.

How long is the trail?

lots of the guys are probably hitting the gym hard , eating like crazy to add size and bulk up for the up coming season i bet the times would be better towards the end of the summer when they start to cut any fat they gained. that would be my guess.

How long is the trail?

Might be the case but some of these guys are top/elite prospects who stay in shape all year long.

The GG is 2.9 km.

Might be the case but some of these guys are top/elite prospects who stay in shape all year long.

The GG is 2.9 km.

wow 2.9km and it takes 45min to do? i need to try this next time i am in Vancouver.

is it only for running up or is it ok to just do a casual hike?

The group finishes once the last person in the group touches the timer. Individually I'm sure these guys could post better times.

Is there some reason why the Canucks didn't release the list of invitees publicly I wonder? Toronto's site it was front page news and we're easily as hockey fanatical as that bunch any day.

It's on the Utica Comets website... lol. Coverage of this camp has been terrible compared to Toronto's, Calgary's and Edmonton's.

Holy smokes those are some big biceps.

I think he may turn out to be the most NHL ready. he already plays a pro-style game and has the mental toughness and maturity to handle the bigs.

I think cutting him from the WJHC team might have been a big mistake......his leadership and heart would have made a huge difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3eqfM-GV_k

Not sure if anyone posted this but great to see that Fox is a funny guy and Bo has a sense of humour. Would loveto see Virtanen get on the mic as well.

LOL HORVAT LOOKS LIKE BRANDO AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Archived