The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*** Canucks have made an offer to the Edmtonton Oilers***

Great we trade away our 6 and Shink for 3rd and then Ekblad and Reinhart go 1 and 2 and we are screwed. Let's keep our 6 AND Shink. I would be much happier.

I think Shinkaruk will be huge in the NHL and we are pawning him for what? A roll of the dice.

did you just compare Shinkaruk to Forsberg? Booze for breakfast is not a solution to your problems

Was not what i meant to do. Im saying we should not give up are prospect pool and future for reinhart. Im just making a comparison. In no way is reinhart = lindros nor shincky to forsberg.

Why must some people make an effort to misinterpet?

Was not what i meant to do. Im saying we should not give up are prospect pool and future for reinhart. Im just making a comparison. In no way is reinhart = lindros nor shincky to forsberg.

Shinkaruk is not our entire prospect pool..........you make it him sound like the second coming of God.

Great we trade away our 6 and Shink for 3rd and then Ekblad and Reinhart go 1 and 2 and we are screwed. Let's keep our 6 AND Shink. I would be much happier.

I think Shinkaruk will be huge in the NHL and we are pawning him for what? A roll of the dice.

Draisaitl........maybe the most NHL ready prospect outside of Ekblad in the draft. I wouldn't complain having him down the middle for the forseeable future.

Edmonton needs a player like Ritchie in their lineup. You know we've thought about trading for first to get Reinhart or Ekblad. I think this is a trade that if it was going to happen should only happen just before the pick to ensure one of the two are there. Also I'm curious why shinkaruk is added in the trade and not tanev. Tanev makes more sense than shink for the oilers.

So waiting for Shinkaruk isn't a roll of the dice especially the fact he missed an entire year due to injury? That's a gamble within itself.......

I'm not sure I believe any of the rumours. TSN seems more about creating drama over actual news. Maybe they hear Shink might be part of an FLA deal and assume that's transferable to an Edmonton deal.

Maybe they're coming out of Calgary and their sober second thoughts over last year's draft...

Agreed good points. Some of the anti-thinkers are gonna tear u down lol

did you just compare Shinkaruk to Forsberg? Booze for breakfast is not a solution to your problems

Pretty sure he's comparing the situation, not the players.

Either way, I'm not sure why Edmonton would do this. Two more small forwards (albeit and Ritchie apparently) is not really what they need.

Garrison or Tanev? Sure. Maybe Jensen or Gaunce...but Shinkaruk and Schroeder....I don't buy it. I'm not buying what TSN is selling.

Regardless, Lindros was a dominant C until he had concussion issues...you make it sound like Forsberg was miles ahead better than Lindros. When he was a Flyer, he centered the most feared lines for a few years in the LOD which made me a Flyers fan as well.

Pretty sure he's comparing the situation, not the players.

Either way, I'm not sure why Edmonton would do this. Two more small forwards (albeit and Ritchie apparently) is not really what they need.

Garrison or Tanev? Sure. Maybe Jensen or Gaunce...but Shinkaruk and Schroeder....I don't buy it.

I agree, I don't see the Oilers, who are already under sized at fwd, wanting either of those players.

If it was Tanev and the #6 or Shinkaruk and the #6 maybe but not both just to move up 3 spots. Horrible trade.

Never mind, I've seen Tanev's name in this kind of proposal I'm almost unable to read Schroeder.

JS and a Shinkaruk plus a 6'th pick for #3 is almost do-able, but I'd like a little more back from Edmonton, maybe a 6-7 round pick?

In this case, moving up three spots means picking up a player that will play in the NHL very soon. Cannot guarantee that with the 6th. The Canucks are lucky if both Ekblad and Bennet are picked before Reinhart. The 2014 draft is very weak. After the top two of Ekblad and Reinhart, there's a huge drop in talent.

Nothing against Hunter, but he does not meet the specs of the type of team we are looking to build (Bigger, stronger, meaner). He looks like he has great potential, but if we can get a bonafide 1C for years to come we pull the trigger. Especially if we move Kes. Having Reinhart, Horvat & Gaunce down the middle in 3 years does not sound too bad to me. He was a late 1st rounder for a reason. He seems like a great kid, but I am sure he would not complain about playing on the Oilers and being closer to home.

Archived