The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

4 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

It was shoulder to shoulder? 

Also, I thought Marner really hasn't looked good. He helped the US kill that 5 min PP.

Oh man how could anyone say virt had a good shift there. Not engagedoing the all. Skating like a panzy.

I dunno about the nylander hit. It was hard to the elliott by themail angle for the initial point of contact. It was definitely a blind side. The way his head snapped back looked like it was high. 

Sweden says he's doing well. Sounds like something you say about someone that's terminal lol.

Both teams picked up their games a bit, but neither side appears to hold any consistent pressure.Virtanen's game was better, but I'm left wanting more.

He has the ability to cause turn overs and he's not doing that at all right now. He needs to get back to checking guys (doesn't necessarily have to be big hits). Just push the puck carrier off balance and make a play.

Considering the game is tied, I expect his game to elevate in the third. 

10 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Oh man how could anyone say virt had a good shift there. Not engagedoing the all. Skating like a panzy.

I dunno about the nylander hit. It was hard to the elliott by themail angle for the initial point of contact. It was definitely a blind side. The way his head snapped back looked like it was high. 

Sweden says he's doing well. Sounds like something you say about someone that's terminal lol.

Didn't say Virt looked good, just saying most of the players on the ice really haven't, Boeser included. But CDC will find ways to laud Boeser because he's the Golden Child and flame Virtanen because he's the goat. I'm a huge Boeser fan for the record too. 

The Nylander hit was a bit of a blindside but not worth the punishment I'm willing to bet the Swiss player will get. I don't think it was exactly clean, but not nearly as bad as the Swedes and Willie fans want to say it was. JV wouldn't have gone arse over teakettle there too, just imagine what'll happen to little Willie when grown men in the NHL want to hurt him. 

Also, on Canada's goal JV didn't get a point but he was definitely part of the reason it happened. Got in on the forecheck, and while he didn't lay a hit that was really because the American defender (can't remember who it was) saw him coming, panicked, and made a panicked pass which ended up being a turnover and a goal against. 

Edited by Wild Sean Monahan

7 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Didn't say Virt looked good, just saying most of the players on the ice really haven't, Boeser included. But CDC will find ways to laud Boeser because he's the Golden Child and flame Virtanen because he's the goat. I'm a huge Boeser fan for the record too. 

The Nylander hit was a bit of a blindside but not worth the punishment I'm willing to bet the Swiss player will get. JV wouldn't have gone arse over teakettle there too, just imagine what'll happen to little Willie when grown men in the NHL want to hurt him.

Also, on Canada's goal JV didn't get a point but he was definitely part of the reason it happened. Got in on the forecheck, and while he didn't lay a hit that was really because the American defender (can't remember who it was) saw him coming, panicked, and made a panicked pass which ended up being a turnover and a goal against. 

Yeah didn't mean to make you think that you said he had a good shift there. It was happening as I was replying so I just wanted to add my thoughts.  I would like him just to be more interested right now.  Such a tough game to open up the tournament with. 

Edited by Gooseberries

Just now, Gooseberries said:

Yeah didn't mean to make you think that you said he had a good shift there. It was happening as I was replying so I just wanted to add my thoughts.  I would like him just to be more interested right now. 

I think he's doing more than a lot of CDC'ers are willing to give him credit for. The eyes see what they want to see.

2 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

Its amazing how Gooseberries wasn't here for the Sweden game but has decided to show up when Virtanen hasn't been as good.

MAGIC

Who cares...

Virtanen hasn't even been bad. there hasn't been much of anything happening from anybody. Austin Mattews doesnt look special out there either. Anybody singling out Jake is clearly trying to strike a nerve or two. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Yeah didn't mean to make you think that you said he had a good shift there. It was happening as I was replying so I just wanted to add my thoughts.  I would like him just to be more interested right now.  Such a tough game to open up the tournament with. 

I'd also just like to point out that the issue with the anti-JV crowd isn't that they criticize him, it's that they take every opportunity to do so while ignoring almost every opportunity to pay him a compliment or recognize the good that he does. Not a personal attack or anything but you're the prime culprit of this. The JV haters are out in throngs today but there was hardly a dam peep against Sweden the other day. @The 5th Line line was pretty much the only one to acknowledge it.

• Upvote 1