The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

10 hours ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

How about in Horvat's case?

Or Stechers? Or Huttons? Baertschi, Granlund?

We are discussing Jake though.  Remember Bo was a fourth line checker according to WD, and Stecher was cut.  Hutton went backwards under WD.  Baer never did anything.  Granlund did very well.  That's about it though.

WD was a terrible coach for Jake, and retarded Jake's development.  

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

We are discussing Jake though.  Remember Bo was a fourth line checker according to WD, and Stecher was cut.  Hutton went backwards under WD.  Baer never did anything.  Granlund did very well.  That's about it though.

And Boeser was benched by Green.....  William Karlsson was a 3rd liner in Columbus.... Thornton barely played under Burns his rookie year.... and so on.  

Showing some tough love isn't being a bad coach...

Edited by CoolCanucklehead
  • Cheers 1

On 2018-06-11 at 10:01 AM, Alflives said:

Jake didn't deserve to play in the NHL during WD's tenure. He learned a ton in the AHL and when he came back to the show he was adequate.

Edited by Where'd Luongo?
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Jake didn't deserve to play in the NHL during WD's tenure. He learned a ton in the AHL and when he came back to the show he was adequate.

You salty today?  Negative posts in the Granlund, Gaudette, and Virtanen threads lmao.

Musta had a bad day or just wanna stir up some crap from the prairies lol.

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

WD was the worst possible coach for Jake.  There is no denying that under WD’s lack of tutelage, Jake regressed as a player.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Alflives said:

WD was the worst possible coach for Jake.  There is no denying that under WD’s lack of tutelage, Jake regressed as a player.  

Sorry bud but you are completely wrong. Jake wasn't ready. No coach would have helped because he needed to learn the game still. He was with TG with Utica and still struggled down there, proving it wasn't WD.

Edited by Where'd Luongo?
  • Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

You salty today?  Negative posts in the Granlund, Gaudette, and Virtanen threads lmao.

Musta had a bad day or just wanna stir up some crap from the prairies lol.

Just giving people a piece of truth, if they can't handle it they can't handle it.

• Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

and bo flourished

kinda strange how that coulda happened

but yeah it must be all on wd

WD told Bo, and stated publicly, that Bo was a fourth line checker.  Then he played Bo in that role too.  WD's antics worked with Bo, who pushed beyond what his coach thought of him. With Jake WD's tactics didn't work.  

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Sorry bud but you are completely wrong. Jake wasn't ready. No coach would have helped because he needed to learn the game still. He was with TG with Utica and still struggled down there, proving it wasn't WD.

Apology accepted.  I firmly believe, because of his very poor job (especially with the developing young players) WD will never get a head coaching job again in the NHL.  I heard too, his poor coaching hurt our Olympic team too.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

One thing that impressed me with Virtanen and his speed, his ability to takeaway or strip pucks from the opposition.   Takeaways always lead to good goal scoring opportunities and he had 51 takeaways last year.  Put him with someone like Gaudette and I bet they can convert alot of those takeaways on the odd-man rush.  

I am so amped on Virtanen because of this.  

• Cheers 3

On 12/06/2018 at 6:18 PM, Where'd Luongo? said:

I tend to agree with you.  In retrospect, it appeared that JV was rushed into the NHL and really didn't have the maturity to succeed.  It's looking like he is starting to adjust and his game is showing solid improvement.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

I'm liking what I'm seeing... quick hands and practicing it regularly. Hopefully lots of shooting accuracy work too !

Jake seems to be having a big off season this year. I'm obviously a huge Jake supporter, so my bias is strong, but I see him coming into camp next year and silencing alot of critics.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2