The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Once Again, we need to trust Jimmy benning on his decision to select Jake Virtannen with our rare high pick in 2014.

After Seeing Nylander the other night and of course Nike Ritchie in the last 3 game (the player I wanted Vancouver to take) , The Vancouver Canucks made the right decision by Selecting Jake Virtannen.

Michael Nylander.

The SEL star has done.... really nothing...... 5 on 5, he was invisible..... he doesn't look very fast, and he doesn't look very big. He's listed 6'0 right now, I think it's the Leafs main site bull sh!tting his stats. He doesn't look 6'0 feet at all. He was invisible and did absoluty nothing to even give Sweden any hopes of taking on Team Canada.

Nike Ritchie..... well he is an offensive player.. he looks quite sluggish.. I dunno....

Jake Virtannen

Whenever he was out there, the play is on the other end. He will even try to make something out his ice time. He looked pretty good both in both games.

During the Course of the year, the Vancouver Canucks had to compile their list of prospects according to who their scouts think is the best player from 1 to 230.

JIm Benning had the same task of Helping the Boston Bruins also compile a list.

Both list probably matched up easily with Jake Virtannen as they player they will pick if he's not available. Probably even Bennings old Colleages had good praises for Virtannen.

He's a 4th line player right now, you know what guys, that's fine, I remember Evander Kane played a similar role in Canada in 2009, Andrew Ladd for Team Canada in 2005, it happens, Virtannen is going to be hard hitting player who can score maybe 25 goals a year.

Nylander is averaging 1 point per game in the SHL. And he's not even playing on a top team. He's been dominating in a league against men. He's by far Swedens best and most important player this tournament. BTW he had 2 points against Canada, and now he has 1 point against USA. Yet you're complaining about him being "invisible". And Sweden lost the game because of their defense and goaltending, lol. Sam Ward was crap in net, and seems like he's not doing good in net tonight either. He allowed at least 2 cheap goals, if not 3. If Virtanen had 2 points in a game and was "invisible", you'd still be all over him.

Edited by Hedman
  • Upvote 1

Nylander is averaging 1 point per game in the SHL. And he's not even playing on a top team. He's been dominating in a league against men. He's by far Swedens best and most important player this tournament. BTW he had 2 points against Canada, and now he has 1 point against USA. Yet you're complaining about him being "invisible". And Sweden lost the game because of their defense and goaltending, lol. Sam Ward was crap in net, and seems like he's not doing good in net tonight either. He allowed at least 2 cheap goals, if not 3. If Virtanen had 2 points in a game and was "invisible", you'd still be all over him.

He was a great presence on the Swedish powerplay and 4-on-4, but he was quite lackluster at 5-on-5. I wouldn't go as far as saying he was "invisible" the entire game but he was a little underwhelming at 5-on-5.

EDIT: I'm talking about the CAN vs SWE game of course.

Edited by Canucks1219

Once Again, we need to trust Jimmy benning on his decision to select Jake Virtannen with our rare high pick in 2014.

After Seeing Nylander the other night and of course Nike Ritchie in the last 3 game (the player I wanted Vancouver to take) , The Vancouver Canucks made the right decision by Selecting Jake Virtannen.

Michael Nylander.

The SEL star has done.... really nothing...... 5 on 5, he was invisible..... he doesn't look very fast, and he doesn't look very big. He's listed 6'0 right now, I think it's the Leafs main site bull sh!tting his stats. He doesn't look 6'0 feet at all. He was invisible and did absoluty nothing to even give Sweden any hopes of taking on Team Canada.

Well if it was Michael Nylander you were looking for, no wonder he was invisible to you.

William on the other hand, he was alright but not great. Not like we should be judging prospects based on short tournaments, anyway. Horvat wasn't spectacular at last year's WJC, but is currently in the NHL.

Nice goal by Jake.

Edited by Brad Marchand