The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Brick that name really suits you. No wonder you have 4000 posts, do you just sit on here and argue with everybody to make it look like your some guru? Telling someone there knowledge is less than yours because there younger. You have uneducated facts your throwing around and belittling fellow fans, beat it troll

And you are? First off, it's 'you're' and 'their'. So now that we know your education level, let's go ahead and talk about uneducated facts... which by the way makes ABSOLUTELY no sense... I discussed as a season ticket holder for decades seeing Pavel first hand, for years. I secondly stated that I watched Jake train, skate, play etc... live and even pointed out where. Now, if that is uneducated, trolling etc... then so be it. As for beating it... I just beat you...

No, Jake rarely played with Chase and played sporadically with Brassart, including some PP. Played with Helgeson as much as anyone last year but like this year had a rotating door of linemates.

Are they trying to get others going and hurting Jakes production?

Edited by Brick Tamland

And you are? First off, it's 'you're' and 'their'. So now that we know your education level, let's go ahead and talk about uneducated facts... which by the way makes ABSOLUTELY no sense... I discussed as a season ticket holder for decades seeing Pavel first hand, for years. I secondly stated that I watched Jake train, skate, play etc... live and even pointed out where. Now, if that is uneducated, trolling etc... then so be it. As for beating it... I just beat you...

So basically your education is your personal opinion?

LOL

Are they trying to get others going and hurting Jakes production?

Not sure anyone knows and I don't follow the Hitmen much outside of my interest in Jake, but my guess would be that Jake produces relatively well regardless of his linemates due to his strong one-on-one skills so it may have made sense to use Jake to create a strong 2nd line while loading up the first line with Brassart and Chase. Certainly there have been some puzzling moves by the Hitmen coaching staff this year and last and even ardent Hitmen fans have had their criticisms of the coaching and systems they've used. The thing we fans have to remember is that the Hitmen prioritize winning games over developing our favourite prospect, so we may see these moves as 'stupid' but it may just be different priorities for the Calgary coach.

• Upvote 1

Virtanen had a goal and has now picked up an assist on a Helgeson goal.

Game Update:

Virtanen with another goal, his second of the night, 3 points total (2g, 1a). 7-0 Hitmen.

Game Update:

8-0 rout. You can bet that Virtanen will either be the 1st or 2nd star. Jake Bean, an offensive defenseman who you should pay close attention to for next year's draft, had 4 assists.

EDIT: Bean was the 3rd star, Burke (goalie) 2nd star, and Peterson was the 1st star. Virtanen 1st star in our hearts.

Edited by Canucks1219
  • Upvote 2

This was absolutely the right pick at 6th. This guy is going to be very valuable for us. He needs better coaching though, this is going to hinder his total game. Probably why he makes the team next year. Trade Higgings for a 2015 2nd.

Just saw this post.

If there's a team out there willing to give us a 2nd round pick this year for Chris Higgins, I would not only cry with joy, but sob uncontrollably... with joy. I love Higgins but he is a changed player this year (sadly, for the worse) so that would be amazing.

1) Relieve cap + contract.

2) Get a 2nd round pick in an uber talented draft.

3) Open up a roster spot for a younger player (eg. Jensen).

(EDIT: There's no way it happens.)

Edited by Canucks1219

Sounds like a productive game for Jake

Jake Bean, an offensive defenseman who you should pay close attention to for next year's draft, had 4 assists

There are quite a few defensemen in next year's draft that will be worth noting - should be interesting!

Maybe next year is the one where we finally pick up a defenseman (if BPA is not that this year)

Ya Bean was passed over in the Bantam draft, and is now looking like a sure fire first rounder for 2016. Say what you will about the Hitmen, but the story was the same with Sanheim last year, going from virtually unranked to a first rounder by the end of the year. I'd say the Hitmen are doing something right developing D.

Virt seems to battle with consistency, as all young players do. At the top of his game he's a multi-point offensive threat, providing physicality too. At worst he's still a physical threat and nagging presence. If I recall, there was a period in December leading up to the WJHC where he was on fire, this continued into the pre-tournament games from which he demolished college teams and Sweden/Finland. Let's hope he continues this tear.