The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Jeff Carter is the best comparison IMO.

Maybe when Carter played wing in an offensive situation (when Richards was on his game). Speed, size and finish; definitely grant that part of the profile. Forgetting the Habs / Rags series, Thomas Vanek?

Carter is a legit two way center, just as capable of scoring, dishing and playing shut down D and back checking, killing penalties. There is a lot more to Carters game than we have seen from Jake to this point.

An older comparison, if we are lucky (very), Virtanen develops into a speedy Brendon Shanahan??

Maybe when Carter played wing in an offensive situation (when Richards was on his game). Speed, size and finish; definitely grant that part of the profile. Forgetting the Habs / Rags series, Thomas Vanek?

Carter is a legit two way center, just as capable of scoring, dishing and playing shut down D and back checking, killing penalties. There is a lot more to Carters game than we have seen from Jake to this point.

An older comparison, if we are lucky (very), Virtanen develops into a speedy Brendon Shanahan??

Well, I have something to tell you

11th overall:Jeff Carter

24th overall:Mike Richards

6th overall:Jake Virtanen

24th overall:Jared McCann

Coincidence?

• Upvote 2

Why we still compare with the Ehlers is confusing, we have another Ehlers like player in Shinkaruk.

Virtanen's top ceiling would be a jeff carter on the wing and I'm fine with that

Virtannen is more physical bigger player and a better goal scorer, not only is he "bigger" he is much bigger then Ehlers. Ehlers is a dwarf.

Virtannen is more physical bigger player and a better goal scorer, not only is he "bigger" he is much bigger then Ehlers. Ehlers is a dwarf.

Ehlers is 5'11, same height as the best player in the world.

My point is, Nuge will be a 70-80 point scorer still, and he was a 1st overall pick. Do you really see him better than Nuge or even the same?

I could see Ehlers scoring 60+ points. He has the tools and with the right linemates he could hit 70.

Guest Dasein

Well, I have something to tell you

11th overall:Jeff Carter

24th overall:Mike Richards

6th overall:Jake Virtanen

24th overall:Jared McCann

Coincidence?

So we're Philly?

Fk.

We're gonna watch Jake and Jared win multiple cups for a Eastern conference team together.

:lol:

There are guys in this draft more NHL ready then JV, I'm a big fan of the pick but that is a stupid statement.

Wow all i ever see from you is negative statements about someones posts. Are you not capable of doing your own post instead of just bashing someone elses? Worst part is you bash me yet have no actual response or facts to justify you bashing me. So tell me who from the 2014 draft is more nhl ready based on what i said about Jake? eg his size his speed his shot etc. Stop being a troll, people like you are the reason everyone hates nuck fans. Always looking to slag somebody elses opinion, while offering very little of one yourself