Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Yeah so?

We had a pretty good line once;

Mogilny = speed and snipe

Ronning = quickness, dangle and dish

Momesso = clear the net, take up space, get tap in and bang in rebounds

All that counts is that each creates a match up problem for their opponent.

I hear what you're saying, but the combo of Mo, Ronning, and Momesso never won jack squat here.

I have no idea what that means dude, so I guess you need to explain.

Okay, my bad. I used your quote because you mentioned "Nylander" but it wasn't a direct response to you in particular. Most of us here are just tired of seeing his name brought up over and over again despite the number of times that conversation seems to die out.

Is it inevitable his name is mentioned? Sure, I guess... But it doesn't make it any less annoying.

What, we should stop stating nylanders name cause your annoyed. I also was not sure why we picked Virtanen in the draft, and I only hope that he has that wicked shot translate in the NHL scoring at a Kessel or seguin pace. Oh wait Those two were bruins prospect with JB

I'm not saying anyone should stop. I'm saying it's annoying that it's here. I don't have a problem with people actually talking about the kid. My main gripe is that it's not really a discussion about Jake Virtanen... in his own topic. We have an "AHL, International, and Junior Hockey" section for people who want to revel in Nylander's glory. Honestly, I'd take part in it there (he's a real exciting player) but this isn't really the place to talk about him.

9 shots is pretty good, but how'd he not score with that many attempts

He's finally getting the chance to form some chemistry with some players that understand how to work as part of a line. Trading Greg Chase was addition by subtraction for Calgary's offense. Virtanen-Tambellini-Helgesen/Rankin is a line that's building some serious chemistry quickly. They've had quite a few 10 point nights from that line and when they're off the scoreboard, it's only because of bounces when they're generating a couple dozen shot attempts.

Edited by SamJamIam

Calgary is a pretty crappy team, not alot of skill in the line-up. Virtanen is their best player but he's not surronded with a whole lot of talent on that team, Tambellini is an overager, Fazleev is pretty raw as a prospect.

That's really most of the talent, hopefully Malenstyn can come along next year and become a top draft eligible player in the WHL next season if Virtanen is still around.

I hope Virtanen somehow gets traded or players are added to support Virtanen.

Okay, my bad. I used your quote because you mentioned "Nylander" but it wasn't a direct response to you in particular. Most of us here are just tired of seeing his name brought up over and over again despite the number of times that conversation seems to die out.

Is it inevitable his name is mentioned? Sure, I guess... But it doesn't make it any less annoying.

As stated, I came across this sentiment trying to learn a little about how Jake was doing. I threw in what I had just read here in Sweden out of relevant interest. I am not a fan of Nylander (and have nothing against him either) and hope Jake makes it huge. Go `nucks!

Calgary is a pretty crappy team, not alot of skill in the line-up. Virtanen is their best player but he's not surronded with a whole lot of talent on that team, Tambellini is an overager, Fazleev is pretty raw as a prospect.

That's really most of the talent, hopefully Malenstyn can come along next year and become a top draft eligible player in the WHL next season if Virtanen is still around.

I hope Virtanen somehow gets traded or players are added to support Virtanen.

Fazleev, probably their third most talented forward behind Tambellini and Virtanen, doesn't even play with them. At least not at 5-on-5. The top line is Virtanen-Tambellini-Helgeson so he's not even getting the best help he can get. No offence to Helgeson...

As stated, I came across this sentiment trying to learn a little about how Jake was doing. I threw in what I had just read here in Sweden out of relevant interest. I am not a fan of Nylander (and have nothing against him either) and hope Jake makes it huge. Go `nucks!

Yeah, I understand. I'm just tired of seeing the exact same debate take place over... and over... and over again. The name alone has some sort of magical properties that causes it to happen.

Edited by Canucks1219

Didn't see the goal but I was driving and listening to the radio and the commentators were seriously pumping his tires, talking about how he was just flying out there. I'm guess he's having an awesome game.

Commentator: " I really believe Vancouver has something in this player." (something along those lines)

• Upvote 1