The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jared McCann | C/LW

avelanch

I dunno. I understand its not all about the stats. I know he's huge. But other than his size im not impressed with anything about him. It could be just from me not following him. I do hope he pans out. Its not the end of the world of he doesnt. But I see cederholm having a much better nhl career.

Just my two cents though. Sorry I posted this in the McCann talk thread.

I dunno. I understand its not all about the stats. I know he's huge. But other than his size im not impressed with anything about him. It could be just from me not following him. I do hope he pans out. Its not the end of the world of he doesnt. But I see cederholm having a much better nhl career.

Just my two cents though. Sorry I posted this in the McCann talk thread.

What else is that impressive about Chara? Both have hard shots and are unusually tall. I mean, easy to shutdown players with that long stick (just ask the Sedins about that) and he's not a horrible skater. He might be able to become a good NHL defenseman based on his height alone.

What else is that impressive about Chara? Both have hard shots and are unusually tall. I mean, easy to shutdown players with that long stick (just ask the Sedins about that) and he's not a horrible skater. He might be able to become a good NHL defenseman based on his height alone.

you honestly can't be comparing the two right now... chara is 2 inches taller. 35 pounds heavier. 9 40 pt seasons including 3 50 pt seasons. A Norris a Stanley cup and a Messier... thats pretty impressive if you ask me.

Still trying to figure out why everyone is so high on trymakin

He got 9 points as a 18-19 year old in the KHL while being great defensively and is big. But I'm not really sure if he's a future depth/bottom pairing defender or a top 4 shutdown d.

He got 9 points as a 18-19 year old in the KHL while being great defensively and is big. But I'm not really sure if he's a future depth/bottom pairing defender or a top 4 shutdown d.

okay. If your going to try and persuade me to like the kid making up fake stats won't do so.

He had 4 pts as a 18 year old and 7 as a 19 year old. Not terrible but dont try and make shit up please.

you honestly can't be comparing the two right now... chara is 2 inches taller. 35 pounds heavier. 9 40 pt seasons including 3 50 pt seasons. A Norris a Stanley cup and a Messier... thats pretty impressive if you ask me.

Not that the two are ever going to be at the same level but Chara did nothing until he was 25 when in 2002 he put up his first 20 pt season. In 206 NHL games and 71 AHL games he only put up a total of 46 points. Not that impressive, it really took him a while to get used to the speed of the game. If we are going to compare the too Trymakin has 6 years to learn and grow to match Chara, when he put up his first 20 point season.

Again I don't think he will hit the elite level that chara hit, but chara at 19 Chara wasn't the impressive Norris/ stanley cup trophy winner that he's become today.

okay. If your going to try and persuade me to like the kid making up fake stats won't do so.

He had 4 pts as a 18 year old and 7 as a 19 year old. Not terrible but dont try and make crap up please.

Your point is well taken, Goose...these numbers are actually fairly impressive considering they are KHL numbers. Tryamkin playing in the K (>16 minutes per game) as an 18 and 19 year old against men is also good for his development. Personally, I think he's the most intriguing Canucks prospect.

Back to Jared McCann...based on the comments made by his ex-GM in the Soo, it looks like we drafted a kid with a high ceiling. Hopefully he will be able to reach his full potential.

Threads that get off topic and turn into a pissing match between two posters is so annoying!

I think McCann is going to break 40 goals and 90 points this season with the Soo! I'm excited to see his development. If Sbisa finds his game and Bonino plays the same as last year than McCann's development will be the tipping point to throw the trade greatly into the Canucks favour.

C'mon guys let's stay on topic.

Guest Dasein

Real talk Chara was not as impressive as Tryamkin at 19. He didn't know how to skate.

That's a testament to Chara's work ethic and commitment to the game.

I'm not saying Tryamkin is going to be as good as Chara - that is highly, highly unlikely.

I'm just saying Chara wasn't impressive at 19 either other than his size.

If Tryamkin has half the work ethic Chara has, we got a good player in our hands.

He had 4 pts as a 18 year old and 7 as a 19 year old. Not terrible but dont try and make crap up please.

I obviously forgot that, and it's been like a month since I checked his stats. "Making up fake stats" if ?I forgot his stats, how it is making it up? I don't even know when the season in KHL starts. Some people can't stand mistakes...

Archived