The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jared McCann | C/LW

avelanch

I watched a greyhounds game today online and boy McCann is pretty dynamic on the power play. He played the point a bit. In one PP I watched he hit the net 3 times, 1 post. A mixture of one timers and wristers where he skates in off the wall. His shot looked pretty fast. He made some nice passes too. He reminded me a bit of P Sharp. He looked tenacious as well on the backcheck, Im excited about this guy. I recommend everyone to revisit a few old games for these guys rather than just the highlights.

Patrick Sharp. I think this is the best comparison for McCann. A highly skilled yet defensively responsible center with good wheels.

the question is how high is his ceiling?

A buddy of mine painted his house and he says its around 8'.

I think he's got a better chance than Horvat and it's a toss up between McCann and Shinkaruk for most exciting prospect imo. Top 6 center ohfosho.

I think he will be an NHL player one day, the question is how high is his ceiling?

The answer to that question is 1st line center.

The real question is whether he will reach it or not.

A buddy of mine painted his house and he says its around 8'.

I think he's got a better chance than Horvat and it's a toss up between McCann and Shinkaruk for most exciting prospect imo. Top 6 center ohfosho.

He's not a guaranteed top-6 center. I think he will be a top-9 center for sure barring any significant turn of events.

His potential is definitely higher than Horvat but Horvat is much more of a sure thing. McCann, Shinkaruk and I would add Virtanen are probably our most exciting prospects right now.

Even with our abundance of centers this guy is going to eventually be a number 1 or 2. This guy was genuinely pissed that he didn't get selected from 10 to 20 where he was projected. That's where "It is what it is" came from. I'm going to love watching this guy, who patterns his game from Kesler, play with a chip on his shoulder for the next couple years.

Even with our abundance of centers this guy is going to eventually be a number 1 or 2. This guy was genuinely pissed that he didn't get selected from 10 to 20 where he was projected. That's where "It is what it is" came from. I'm going to love watching this guy, who patterns his game from Kesler, play with a chip on his shoulder for the next couple years.

Hes the main reason the Kesler trade wasnt a fleecing in my opinion. Yes I know Benning had one team to work with....

Love his explosiveness if he can add leg strength and balance he can be in the NHL next year IMO. He seems a bit weak and easy to knock off but also slippery.

He's a future top 6 player no doubt, players with hockey sense to not fail in the NHL, he's fast aswell.

Archived