The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thatcher Demko | #35 | G

Drouin

On 2018-01-29 at 6:01 AM, ReggieBush said:

That save reminds me of how Bobby Lu used to sprawl to make glove saved. 

Thought the same thing. I squinted my eyes a bit and was transported back to 2008.

Demko is more Luongo than Schneider.

I maintain that even with the seemingly unlimited potential of Boeser, Pettersson, Dahlen, Gaudette, 2018 1st rounder, etc. Demko may still be the best of the bunch.

Every team takes a goalie every couple years just to keep the cupboard stocked, but taking Thatcher was something more than that. They saw a starter with star potential and he has been living up to that with his career to date. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Demko 1040: Want to play NHL games this year, but have to be patient with process

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/demko-want-to-play-nhl-games-this-year-but-have-to-be-patient-with-process-1.992815

I would like to see him up playing, but not too soon.  We need to be pretty much assured of a top five pick (even with a bad lotto result) before he comes up to play.  He might win too many games.  

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I would like to see him up playing, but not too soon.  We need to be pretty much assured of a top five pick (even with a bad lotto result) before he comes up to play.  He might win too many games.  

Give it a full listen. its amazing.  If he got hot later this year he could challenge for starting position next season.  Kids thats good. My only concern.. is how will Marky embrace him? he's waited this long to be the starter.  Now this young fresh faced kid with uber loads of talent shows up.  I'm worried he might be detrimental to his development.  Obviously marky is a competitor but I have my concerns.  (I'm sure he can be intimidating at times).

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Give it a full listen. its amazing.  If he got hot later this year he could challenge for starting position next season.  Kids thats good. My only concern.. is how will Marky embrace him? he's waited this long to be the starter.  Now this young fresh faced kid with uber loads of talent shows up.  I'm worried he might be detrimental to his development.  Obviously marky is a competitor but I have my concerns.  (I'm sure he can be intimidating at times).

Marky is a BIG BOY, but if Demko is intimidated by Marky, he’s not going to make it as an NHL goalie.