The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] VAN acquires Linden Vey

I find it funny how most people complaining about trading a 2nd for Vey are the same one's complaining about not getting Etem in the Kes trade. Those two are essentially equal right now..

last year in med.hat

Vey: 69-46-70-116 / Etem: 65-61-46-107

last year in AHL

Vey: 43-14-34-48 / Etem: 50-24-30-54

Good post. This is a great comparison.

That's what this team is missing the most. After Henrik leaves we're going to need a big point producer up the middle. Reinhart would have been perfect.

Yes but way too costly. We need the depth of Virtanen,Shinkaruk and McCann. If we tank a bit this year and say come in 5th-8th last we will still have a chance at a number 1 center. Or they could put together a package with the valuable pick to get one via trade that's still young.

Burrows can play anything so that's not a problem, the issue is only Jensen and Burrows can play with the Sedins but Burrows will probably be needed on the 2nd line.. Burrows had a whack year, but he's been an automatic 25 goal scorer every other year while being one of our best 2 way players. Incredibly valuable at his price tag.

In my opinion as it stands right now it's..

Sedins-Jensen

Burrows-Bonino-Vey

Higgins-Mathias-Kassian

DD-Richardson-Hansen

Obviously there's room for the right wings to shuffle up and down, but that's a lot of youth that's for sure.

I do think that will be close to the lineup, but I'm not certain about the second line. It's pretty undersized.

I guess the solution is to see who is better with Bonino Vey or Kass.

Anyone who thinks we're not gonna spend the 14 million we have through free agency and trades are in for a surprise I think.

That's why I said as it stands now, but I doubt it will be through free agency. There's almost nothing interesting.

I just hope we dont have to hear Mckeown>Vey in a couple seasons "if" Mckeown comes on and becomes something special. I wanted canucks to take Mckeown with that pick but I like what JB did and he got a young prospect with some experience under his belt.

You can say that about every trade that's ever been made. They are all a lottery picks until the bloom as NHLers. We went for someone further down the road to the NHL and that's where we are at. We need young guys now who can step in and help us.

Nobody gives a plugged nickel if McKeown turns out better down the line, we made our choice and folk who don't like it, well too bad. Honestly life's too short for these type of regrets.

Burrows can play anything so that's not a problem, the issue is only Jensen and Burrows can play with the Sedins but Burrows will probably be needed on the 2nd line.. Burrows had a whack year, but he's been an automatic 25 goal scorer every other year while being one of our best 2 way players. Incredibly valuable at his price tag.

In my opinion as it stands right now it's..

Sedins-Jensen

Burrows-Bonino-Vey

Higgins-Mathias-Kassian

DD-Richardson-Hansen

Obviously there's room for the right wings to shuffle up and down, but that's a lot of youth that's for sure.

Realistically Burrows is a 12-18 goal guy without the Sedins.

I would be ecstatic if Burr scored 20 goals this year.

I really think we will be scoring by commitee this year though.

Having guys like Vey, Kass, Bonino, Higgi, DSedin, all put up 15+ goals would be nice. Maybe even Matthias and Jensen.

Archived