The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] VAN acquires Linden Vey

Looks like Vey has some potential to develop really well in Van.

He's only played in 18 NHL games, so he has to outplay the other tweeners to get a spot.

Is he still waiver exempt? If so, that makes him an even better prospect.

He comes up as RW wherever I check out his stats.

Check my Sig!

Seriously though, I think Vey is the real deal. His AHL numbers are comparable to guys like Johnson, Palat, and Nyquist.

He could be in the running for the calder next year, if, and this is a big if, but he needs to have the right line mates. I am thinking he might have the second line RW spot by January pushing Kassian to either first for out standing play or to third with average play.

Really want to see Bonino play with Vey and maybe Higgi? or a UFA singing, or if any of our other prospects can slot into the second line LW that would be legit.

Apologize if it's already been mentioned anywhere in the thread, but can someone tell me the kind of player Linden Vey is?

He is a playmaking C/RW who is good at the cycle game and has a good shot, as well as good speed.

We do have a lot of RW. One has gotta be moved, unless we are putting Burrows and Vey in other spots.

I suppose Jensen being in the AHL would help too.

Kassian Vey Hansen Dorsett

Burrows Jensen

Burrows can play anything so that's not a problem, the issue is only Jensen and Burrows can play with the Sedins but Burrows will probably be needed on the 2nd line.. Burrows had a whack year, but he's been an automatic 25 goal scorer every other year while being one of our best 2 way players. Incredibly valuable at his price tag.

In my opinion as it stands right now it's..

Sedins-Jensen

Burrows-Bonino-Vey

Higgins-Mathias-Kassian

DD-Richardson-Hansen

Obviously there's room for the right wings to shuffle up and down, but that's a lot of youth that's for sure.

The uneducated hockey fan wont realize benning's greatness until the team is rolling in elite value talent and competeing for the cup again.

In 2 days we have brought in

4 nhl rdy players to replace kesler booth and garrison.

3 top end draft picks that all look like 1LW 1 C and 1 G players.

And more importantly ever one of these players fits a theme of playing hard and fast.

If i gave benning a grade it would be 9.7/10

A 10 would have been adding something to the kes deal and getting the 10th instead of sbisa.

It was good but lets not get out of hand here.

Burrows can play anything so that's not a problem, the issue is only Jensen and Burrows can play with the Sedins but Burrows will probably be needed on the 2nd line.. Burrows had a whack year, but he's been an automatic 25 goal scorer every other year while being one of our best 2 way players. Incredibly valuable at his price tag.

In my opinion as it stands right now it's..

Sedins-Jensen

Burrows-Bonino-Vey

Higgins-Mathias-Kassian

DD-Richardson-Hansen

Obviously there's room for the right wings to shuffle up and down, but that's a lot of youth that's for sure.

Anyone who thinks we're not gonna spend the 14 million we have through free agency and trades are in for a surprise I think.

Anyone who thinks we're not gonna spend the 14 million we have through free agency and trades are in for a surprise I think.

That will depend on how much sense the spending makes.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they keep a handful of cap in their back pocket to keep their buying options open moving forward if the right opportunities don't present themselves this summer.

They have the option of making a few significant additions and still having 5 or 6 million reserved.

Archived