The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BlkNBlueShirts/status/817962184424747009

Willie has now succeeded to draw the attention of Hockey fan base and Journalism in General.

.. Hate to say this,. Not a Botchford fan,.  But Botchford is about to draw both guns on the guy (WD).

Well deserved Willie. Way to go.

Botchford is about self promotion.  I gave up reading Botch.  To use Journalism and Botchford in the same, paragraph is pushing the limits.

3 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Unless your names Vey, Chaput or Megna. In Megnas case you get to play with the Sedins because thats whats best for the team hahaha

I like the effort that Megna and Chaput, and Skille bring, 4th liners all imo.  I disagree with Megna playing with the Sedins.  He brings it but the skill level isn't there.  If Willie likes chances, great, but bury at least one for Gods sake.  Last night he was all alone, 10 feet in front of the goal and rifled one right in the goalies crest.  At least he hit the net but c'mon.  He has some of the same qualities of Hansen so I see the logic.  Promote Burrows.  Or Eriksson....he's pretty good.

Linden Vey, I referred to above.  On paper, he should have been much better.  They gave him a good spot in the line up and had all the patience in the world with him as far as getting to the level that they expected of him.  It was a mistake.  After a couple of months, they reeled him in and gave him time based on merit.  He did get better but no where near what was expected and after 2 years, he is now a Flame.  

Are you guys suggesting that they gift Rodin time like they gifted it to Vey?  The fan base never got over those first months of Vey's tenure.  And now you suggest that they repeat the same mistake.  Willie and Jim know that it was a mistake and I am glad they learned from it.

Edited by Crabcakes

23 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Are you guys suggesting that they gift Rodin time like they gifted it to Vey?  The fan base never got over those first months of Vey's tenure.  And now you suggest that they repeat the same mistake.  Willie and Jim know that it was a mistake and I am glad they learned from it.

They??  Willie signs the game sheet, not JB.

Willie gifted Vey.  

No one has begun to give Rodin anything.. that's the problem.

... but soon JB will realize that Willie is making his General Management look redundant... now it's Rodin sitting and riding with the Team when he has been placed to play

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Willie gifted Vey.  

... but soon JB will realize that Willie is making his General Management look redundant... now it's Rodin sitting and riding with the Team when he has been placed to play

And there is Boucher now too.  When does he get a chance to prove he can play?  Why did Rodin even suit up for that last game?

Just now, Alflives said:

And there is Boucher now too.  When does he get a chance to prove he can play?  Why did Rodin even suit up for that last game?

Hopefully some pressure point questions for WD when he gets home Alf..  JB must be getting sick of deflecting WD's Schtick.

These are players that JB has chosen to be with the club, and unless there is an injury, they don't even get to break a sweat.

If Edler, Tanev and Gudbranson and Larsen had not been injured,. We would never have seen Tryamkin,. Or even Stetcher for that matter.

Rodin won MVP last year in Europe.

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Willie gifted Vey.  

Coaches and GM's have always been at odds like this.  One needs to build a team.  The other, needs to win games.  But they both have to agree that nobody should get a free ride.

Besides last game, when the puck drops, Willie hasn't planned on giving Rodin 7 mins.  If he's out there, taking up space, he'll think twice about sending him out again.  It's a fluid situation.  It isn't planned in advance.  Maybe after 2 periods, Rodin goes, coach, my knee hurts, don't send me out unless somebody else gets injured.

Consider this, maybe (I'm speculating here) Benning told Willie, after the Vey fiasco, if a player hasn't earned ice time, don't give it to him.  We were a laughing stock in the press, the owner is pissed and the fan's don't want to pay their hard earned cash to watch entitled floaters out there.  We all need to be on the same page here.  It's about developing players and teaching them how to play the right way.

Who knows, maybe I'm wrong and Willie really is a dumbass.  I've never seen a guy dressed and not getting a single shift before.  Unorthodox to say the least.  

9 hours ago, SilentSam said:

You stick with your Big City Idea of of semantics Elvis.

Would be nice if you stopped twisting the discussion by thinking too much.

I will state for you : "Tryamkin has all the possibilities and potential of becoming a Norris Trophy Candidate in his prime."

Ive been to enough Junior and Pro games watching players develop to be aware of this.

He is 10 times the skater Chara was at 22 yrs.. and 10 times the skater Pronger was at the same age.. actually his skating prowess is better than both were in their prime.

He is far ahead dynamically with his all around game for any man his size In the League.

Create and manifest all the expectations you want Elvis..

I'm not.. but, I will stick with my words, and enthusiastically watch Nik create all the possibilities with the opportunities he is given.

A lot of players have all the possibilities and potential of becoming a lot of things. Tryamkin's lack of offensive ability in the KHL previously and in the NHL currently are contrary to qualifications for Norris trophy candidates. Being a better skater than other Norris trophy winners does nothing to change that.

Believe what you will, clearly you aren't working from a base of common sense.

9 hours ago, SilentSam said:

PEDAN.

And this subsequent post confirms it. Pedan isn't an answer to anything. We might as well sign John Scott who's a more proven NHL tough guy. Pedan does have some skill, but hasn't shown it enough at the NHL level to be any kind of serious threat to anyone.

Edited by elvis15

13 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

A lot of players have all the possibilities and potential of becoming a lot of things. Tryamkin's lack of offensive ability in the KHL previously and in the NHL currently are contrary to qualifications for Norris trophy candidates. Being a better skater than other Norris trophy winners does nothing to change that.

And this subsequent post confirms it. Pedan isn't an answer to anything. We might as well sign John Scott who's a more proven NHL tough guy. Pedan does have some skill, but hasn't shown it enough at the NHL level to be any kind of serious threat to anyone.

It would be an improvement in toughness when the alternative is Biega; a more viable answer to Ferland than most of our D core, which I think is overall pretty good.

3 hours ago, elvis15 said:

Obviously you have no real opinion, only half a wit yet. 

Kinda works with your Username,. Not only did he leave the building, he's Dead.

I think I remember discussing Tryamkin in a thread a couple of years ago..  people like myself and @Steirlitz were excited for the day that Nik might possibly get to the team by the season's end..  you, Debbie Downer as usual.

Truth is,. WD would still not be playing Tryamkin had we not lost Edler, Tanev, Larsen, and Gudbranson for the lengths of time we have and are.. Tryamkin would be back in Russia.

Hats off to Nik for taking control of situation.

Now WD is playing a card with Rodin that might have him leaving.. sure to be picked up by the Leafs and Coached by Babcock if Managment is not careful.

Anton Rodin,  the MVP of the Swedish Hockey League last year, sits on the bench for an entire game in front of Willie Dejardins..

WD can not find,. Nope,. Won't give him ice time.. notta shift,  meanwhile, Gaunce, Megna, Chaput, get to grind it out.

Now you will come up with all kinds of excuses why Rodin isn't playing,. Or why a player like Pedan won't dress for a game.

But since no one on this Team can stop Ferland from running our D men,. Maybe you can do a better job with your half wit and racing blinkers on?

Trouble is, you don't like to get excited. . So keep your fingers crossed behind your play board like Willie does.. it will all be over soon.

Dejardins is starting to make Benning look like an idiot.. 

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Hopefully some pressure point questions for WD when he gets home Alf..  JB must be getting sick of deflecting WD's Schtick.

These are players that JB has chosen to be with the club, and unless there is an injury, they don't even get to break a sweat.

If Edler, Tanev and Gudbranson and Larsen had not been injured,. We would never have seen Tryamkin,. Or even Stetcher for that matter.

Rodin won MVP last year in Europe.

You've got to bring it in the NHL.

If you get three 40-50  second shifts on the second/third line per period, make them count. I just don't understand why people feel they know the quality and potential of Anton Rodin more than the freaking coaching staff.

Is he in the gym putting in his time?

Is he first one on and last one off the ice at practise?

Is he re-habbing as constructively as he should be?

Is he focused and prepared at pre game skate?

The list of things that it takes to earn a coaches favour is endless. Call it brown nosing or whatever.  The guy isn't playing how the coach wants him to play. Scoring goals in the SEL doesn't mean you're destined to be a pure goal scorer in the NHL. If he wants to play here, he's going to have to adjust. I don't think he's been all that bad at all and it's quite obvious that the knee is nowhere near where he needs it to be. Bad break but this guy is not our saviour and the Canucks aren't a development team.

Tryamkin. I'm rooting for you big guy. Now start bringing the hurt. 

2 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Botchford is about self promotion.  I gave up reading Botch.  To use Journalism and Botchford in the same, paragraph is pushing the limits.

I like the effort that Megna and Chaput, and Skille bring, 4th liners all imo.  I disagree with Megna playing with the Sedins.  He brings it but the skill level isn't there.  If Willie likes chances, great, but bury at least one for Gods sake.  Last night he was all alone, 10 feet in front of the goal and rifled one right in the goalies crest.  At least he hit the net but c'mon.  He has some of the same qualities of Hansen so I see the logic.  Promote Burrows.  Or Eriksson....he's pretty good.

Linden Vey, I referred to above.  On paper, he should have been much better.  They gave him a good spot in the line up and had all the patience in the world with him as far as getting to the level that they expected of him.  It was a mistake.  After a couple of months, they reeled him in and gave him time based on merit.  He did get better but no where near what was expected and after 2 years, he is now a Flame.  

Ok then explain why Megna has been gifted time with the Sedins? and why both Chaput and Megna were gifted spots on the roster? I know it was mostly due to injury but now with Rodin back and Boucher needing a look why not send Chaput down? He hasn't done enough at this level to prove he deserves a spot. I would also argue Megna  has barely done enough so far to earn a spot(just because he has 3 goals)

4 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Ok then explain why Megna has been gifted time with the Sedins? and why both Chaput and Megna were gifted spots on the roster? I know it was mostly due to injury but now with Rodin back and Boucher needing a look why not send Chaput down? He hasn't done enough at this level to prove he deserves a spot. I would also argue Megna  has barely done enough so far to earn a spot(just because he has 3 goals)

Did you read my post?  

I don't think Megna should be on the first line.  Chaput, Skille and Megna are all good 4th liners.  Don't you like the 4th line?  Such as it is.  What is confusing?

Boucher is going to need a look.  I've been wondering how this is going to happen since they signed him.  A shoe must drop here.

54 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

You've got to bring it in the NHL.

If you get three 40-50  second shifts on the second/third line per period, make them count. I just don't understand why people feel they know the quality and potential of Anton Rodin more than the freaking coaching staff.

Is he in the gym putting in his time?

Is he first one on and last one off the ice at practise?

Is he re-habbing as constructively as he should be?

Is he focused and prepared at pre game skate?

The list of things that it takes to earn a coaches favour is endless. Call it brown nosing or whatever.  The guy isn't playing how the coach wants him to play. Scoring goals in the SEL doesn't mean you're destined to be a pure goal scorer in the NHL. If he wants to play here, he's going to have to adjust. I don't think he's been all that bad at all and it's quite obvious that the knee is nowhere near where he needs it to be. Bad break but this guy is not our saviour and the Canucks aren't a development team.

Tryamkin. I'm rooting for you big guy. Now start bringing the hurt. 

... he has played a total of 7 mins in a week. . .  that's some amazing assessment.. obviously by an amazing Coach.

13 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Oleksiak is a 24 year old former 14th OA pick in 2011 and shows lots of potential.  Since his NHL debut in 2012, he has played 95 NHL games moving back and forth between the Stars and the AHL Texans.  He has played 18 NHL games to date this season and has scored 4 goals.  

He's been in Dallas system for 5 years twice as many games and 5 pro training camps. TryamKing will catch up physically and 'culturally'. Him and Laine both had welcome to the NHL hits. They'll learn from those. If Lidster can teach Tryamkin the proper edge to play with. 'On this side of the penalty zone' physical play. Finish your checks strong..

• Upvote 1

Can a hockey equipment company custom make this guy a helmet though seriously. I feel sorry for the guy. That bucket he has on wouldn't protect him from anything. Not to mention his visor. It doesn't even reach his eyes. It's like watching an NHLer wearing a midget hockey players helmet.

9776946-nikita-tryamkin-nhl-toronto-maple-leafs-vancouver-canucks.jpg

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, smokes said:

Can a hockey equipment company custom make this guy a helmet though seriously. I feel sorry for the guy. That bucket he has on wouldn't protect him from anything. Not to mention his visor. It doesn't even reach his eyes. It's like watching an NHLer wearing a midget hockey players helmet.

9776946-nikita-tryamkin-nhl-toronto-maple-leafs-vancouver-canucks.jpg

Wonder if he practiced today?

Wondering about that left shoulder that took the broadside shot from Ferland?

13 hours ago, smokes said:

If you watch him on the bench/ice you'll see the helmet slip down to normal position (where everybody else tends to wear it - bucket square on his head with visor covering eyes) every so often, but he tilts it right back for some reason.

I've wondered why he does this. It can't be a fitting thing otherwise it would go back to normal position in the first place, it could be, but I can't figure out what advantage he thinks he has if it isn't.

That's a pretty funny pic too, if he were looking up at the jumbo alongside Eriksson that'd be quite the scene.

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 11:27 AM, aqua59 said:

Love your post. People still gloating over Friday nights win can not forget the pathetic shot total. Miller was their savior and Calgary wasn't aggressive. Vancouver got scoring breaks big time. This was not the coaches coaching.

WD isn't growing either, so how the hell are his younger players or team as a whole going to grow?

The use of Rodin or lack of is astonishing.

The over playing of the Sedins on the PP and 1st line duties has grown old, they are so slow and predictable. The Sedins should try a drop pass that'll fool everyone.

The perimeter play of this team in the offensive zone gives me time to go grab a beer. This is not exciting hockey. As you stated we're watching some guy hang on to his job. 5 wins a row is nice, and there should be more in January because the schedule is softer. The team hasn't finally embraced WD's system of magic. Don't be fooled.

The last 2 games speak volumes. Friday night Vancouver wins because of great goal tending coupled with Calgary not playing well.

Last night they got beaten buy a good cohesive team, far far better than Vancouver's, as you put it mediocre play. 

This team reflects their coach and needs more than a decongestant to get rolling. 

I often wonder if there wasn't a rash of injuries where Tryampkin would be? WD wouldn't have a clue what he had because he'd not play the guy. Pretty much like Rodin. Play the guy.

Don't forget Virtanen.  How does a guy go from being a regular late last year to the AHL the next?  Most of us assume it's all Virtanen's fault.  But coaching is/was a factor: and, again, the same pattern: plugs and the Sedins get any amount of ice time, but the future players of the team (Rodin, Virtanen, Tryamkin) are the last to get ice time.  Horvat is leading the team in points/critical initiative: how long did it take for him to get ice time that reflected this?  I don't know whether it's WD or the "rebuild on the fly" model that is the problem, but there is a pattern here.

• Upvote 2