The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

4th line goal means someone waaaaaayyyyyy down the list was the highest mover last night.  Here's hoping Nikita Tryamkin moves well past Jim Hargreaves by the time his career in Vancouver is done :P

316.  Justin Kurtz D 27 3 5 8
317.  Nikita Tryamkin D 54 2 6 8
318.  Jim Hargreaves D 66 1 7 8
318.  Sheldon Kannegiesser D 42 1 7 8
318.  Brad Maxwell D 30 1 7 8
321.  Richard Brodeur G 377 0 8 8
321.  John Namestnikov D 35 0 8 8
323.  Dane Jackson RW 15 6 1 7
324.  Darcy Hordichuk LW 129 5 2 7
325.  Zac Dalpe C 55 4 3 7
325.  Jack Skille RW 44 4 3 7
325.  Bryan Smolinski C 20 4 3 7
325.  Mel Bridgman C 15 4 3 7
329.  Garth Rizzuto C 37 3 4 7
  • Upvote 1

On 2017-01-31 at 0:27 AM, Hairy Kneel said:

Larsen, why should Try get saddled with this sackosh&& player.

Put him with Edler 

I saw shades of a wonderful mean streak in Nik tonight against Columbus,.  Jenner tried to intimidate Nik,. Nik responded by launching Jenner into an inverted downward dog quicker than he could blink :) .. its in the hilight reel.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I saw shades of a wonderful mean streak in Nik tonight against Columbus,.  Jenner tried to intimidate Nik,. Nik responded by launching Jenner into an inverted downward dog quicker than he could blink :) .. its in the hilight reel.

Haha! I saw that! Jenner was posterized! Another sweet vid of someone getting knocked on ther a$$. He makes guys look like peewee players sitting on their bums looking up. He plays way better with a reliable partner, they can't key on Try because Hutton can attack if they don't mark him. I swear WD was trolling us with Larsen. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

And now the part of Trams game we have been waiting for, the NASTY!!

tryamkin-hit.gif?w=957&h=536

upper-cuts.gif?w=1030&h=546

I love the first one to death!

For the second one, I'd like to see him take his gloves off before punching next time ;)

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

My song suggestion for Try's goal song "He stood 6 foot 6 and weighed 245..." Big Bad John

Love that song, was a favorite of my dad's.. he himself an underground miner for years.

Yes, Big Bad John should be played for his goals, and or if he is called on a penalty !!

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Haha! I saw that! Jenner was posterized! Another sweet vid of someone getting knocked on ther a$$. He makes guys look like peewee players sitting on their bums looking up. He plays way better with a reliable partner, they can't key on Try because Hutton can attack if they don't mark him. I swear WD was trolling us with Larsen. 

Larsen has had a rough go,. I'm surprised we didn't send him to Utica for a week (at least) after the concussion.

gotta feel for the young man.. maybe we can expose him?

I think Mceneny will show well next season.. and Larsen will be let go.

I think we will also move one of Tanev, or Edler.

Would rather see Tanev go, easier to trade, more return, and less brittle on D without him.

My hopeful D core next season..

Edler Stetcher  Hutton Tryamkin Gudbranson Mceneny Biegga Pedan.

Cant wait to see Tryamkin start his second season with us.. He is understanding this level of hockey exceptionally well.. and the age group of our Dcore keeps them a tight exuberant bunch of (mostly) single young men ;) 

Edited by SilentSam

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Larsen has had a rough go,. I'm surprised we didn't send him to Utica for a week (at least) after the concussion.

gotta feel for the young man.. maybe we can expose him?

I think Mceneny will show well next season.. and Larsen will be let go.

I think we will also move one of Tanev, or Edler.

Would rather see Tanev go, easier to trade, more return, and less brittle on D without him.

My hopeful D core next season..

Edler Stetcher  Hutton Tryamkin Gudbranson Mceneny Biegga Pedan.

Cant wait to see Tryamkin start his second season with us.. He is understanding this level of hockey exceptionally well.. and the age group of our Dcore keeps them a tight exuberant bunch of (mostly) single young men ;) 

If we trade Tanev, I could see the d pairings be:

Edler - Stecher

Sbisa - Gudbranson

Hutton - Tryamkin

If Sbisa continues to play well and Gudbranson finds his groove and plays like how he did in Florida it could be a good shutdown pair. They would probably bleed in terms of corsi but they would be tough as nails to play against.

EDIT: I'm hoping Tryamkin can continue to be that nasty physical presence on the ice for us. 

Edited by Blömqvist
  • Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, Blömqvist said:

If we trade Tanev, I could see the d pairings be:

Edler - Stecher

Sbisa - Gudbranson

Hutton - Tryamkin

If Sbisa continues to play well and Gudbranson finds his groove and plays like how he did in Florida it could be a good shutdown pair. They would probably bleed in terms of corsi but they would be tough as nails to play against.

EDIT: I'm hoping Tryamkin can continue to be that nasty physical presence on the ice for us. 

Found it interesting that Hutton played RD last night. Tryamkin has played RD as well as Sbisa.

40 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Found it interesting that Hutton played RD last night. Tryamkin has played RD as well as Sbisa.

Yes,. The speed of the game is allowing players to float with the flow.. L or R side not so much of a worry for D men anymore, except to get their stick side on the inside for shots from the point in the offensive zone.

Even D end face offs are more about pairing a strong D man with a strong winger than whose side of the ice it is.

The thought of a Gudbranson - Tryamkin pairing for next season (once Gudbranson heals and full adjusts to the new team, and Tryamkin takes his play another level up) is too much for me.

That would be possibly the most daunting defensive pairing in the league from a meat grinder kind of perspective.

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The thought of a Gudbranson - Tryamkin pairing for next season (once Gudbranson heals and full adjusts to the new team, and Tryamkin takes his play another level up) is too much for me.

That would be possibly the most daunting defensive pairing in the league from a meat grinder kind of perspective.

Thank you for just absolutely getting me pumped. Great choice of words.

I had a vision when I read that, it was faaarrrr into the future... Playoff hockey.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I like your idea. Watching the Columbus game it became very apparent that they thought they could play a physical game against Van which they did. Tryamkin responded but having Guddy there as well Van could play that game as well. Sbisa's physical game has dropped off and Edler can play that game but is not a leader. I expect Tryamkin will be a more offensive force next year and having a partner who backs him well will be critical. I don't think there is another Canuck d-man who can cover the ice like Tryamkin can.  

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I'm not sure that's the route we'd take. I was trying to think of this again now that Hutton's back and paired with Tryamkin as I think (and thought last year) they were a good pairing together. If we lose a defenceman from the right side they could stick as a pairing, but would likely be split in the event of one of our left side D moved.

Tanev moved:

Edler Stecher

Hutton Tryamkin

Sbisa Gudbranson

Edler moved:

Tryamkin Stecher

Hutton Gudbranson

Sbisa Tanev

Sbisa moved:

Edler Stecher/Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson

Tryamkin Tanev/Stecher

I'm not putting them in pairing 1, 2, 3 order or anything, so don't bother with that. It's more that I don't see as good of pairings where we'd have our two largest defenders on the same pairing. Otherwise you're putting Sbisa or Tanev with Hutton and I don't think you take full advantage of our personnel.

• Upvote 1