The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Tree said we were a pot city.  Our team failed him and his young wife.  JB has done awesome things here, but the treatment of Tree and his wife was s big miss.  No way she will come back here.

And it is a pot city, every North American city has a drug problem, but I'll go with this recent quote from his agent 

“We feel Nikita can play for any club in the NHL,” Tryamkin’s agent Todd Diamond said via text message. “Vancouver has his exclusive NHL rights, he is familiar with the city, ownership, management and staff, and we will engage in talks after Nikita’s KHL season.

“The team and coaching staff is much different from when Nikita was last in Vancouver and we view that very positively.”

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, mikkim said:

And it is a pot city, every North American city has a drug problem, but I'll go with this recent quote from his agent 

“We feel Nikita can play for any club in the NHL,” Tryamkin’s agent Todd Diamond said via text message. “Vancouver has his exclusive NHL rights, he is familiar with the city, ownership, management and staff, and we will engage in talks after Nikita’s KHL season.

“The team and coaching staff is much different from when Nikita was last in Vancouver and we view that very positively.”

I’m more interested in what Tree and his wife think.  The agent is just doing his job, which is to get Tree the biggest dollar contract offer he can.  Tree has to sign it though.  And that means his wife has to approve.  

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’m more interested in what Tree and his wife think.  The agent is just doing his job, which is to get Tree the biggest dollar contract offer he can.  Tree has to sign it though.  And that means his wife has to approve.  

I'm putting my dollar down on him coming back, it might be too late for this year depending on how late his season goes, but as Hairy Kneel has pointed out numerous times their no.1 goalie is out so it could be sooner rather than later.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Alf...  you slamming 8 balls again?

your so far back your in the 80’s again.

:frantic:

On 1/30/2020 at 10:28 AM, peaches5 said:

They've made racism subjective based on these new combined definitions. It's like you have to step back gather information and determine just what exactly the person(s) are saying is racist. If you argue then you just get screamed at that words evolve. They use the word because they know how powerful it is. It's losing its meaning because of it.

I could not agree more, and why do so many think the worst first always??? That is not Canadian or what we are about!

Someone needs to ask Benning about Tryamkin's status. Last I heard Benning talk about it they had been in communication with his agent, but i can't remember how long ago. 

If there is someone here that could sum up the most recent comments from both sides, I'd love it. 

It would sure be nice to have him with the team for a few weeks before playoffs if it's going to happen this year. 

10 minutes ago, WiDeN said:

Someone needs to ask Benning about Tryamkin's status. Last I heard Benning talk about it they had been in communication with his agent, but i can't remember how long ago. 

If there is someone here that could sum up the most recent comments from both sides, I'd love it. 

It would sure be nice to have him with the team for a few weeks before playoffs if it's going to happen this year. 

Last I heard both sides said they will talk when Tram's season is over.

Most likely Avto (4th place in East, 72 points) is going to play Sibir from Novosibirsk (5th place, 70 points). This is not clear yet which team will take the home ice advantage - Avto is loosing points and Sibir is doing quite well lately.

Sibir means Siberia in Russian and Novosibirsk ( 1.6 mln population) is known as unofficial capital of Siberia.

Edited by Stierlitz
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Most likely Avto (4th place in East, 72 points) is going to play Sibir from Novosibirsk (5th place, 70 points). This is not clear yet which team will take the home ice advantage - Avto is loosing points and Sibir is doing quite well lately.

Sibir means Siberia in Russian and Novosibirsk ( 1.6 mln population) is known as unofficial capital of Siberia.

What's the official start date of the KHL playoffs?

40 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

What's the official start date of the KHL playoffs?

The 2019–20 KHL season is the twelfth season of the Kontinental Hockey League. There are 24 teams that are competing in 62 regular season games.[1] The season began with the Opening Cup on 1 September 2019, and the regular championship will run until 27 February 2020. The playoffs will take place from 1 March through until 30 April.[2] The All-Star Weekend will take place over 18–19 January 2020.  Tryamkins team will very likely make the playoffs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_KHL_season

Edited by Borvat
  • Thanks 1

On 2/17/2020 at 4:43 PM, Slegr said:

If he signs, it'll be for more than he earned in his rookie year, when he was probably living in a pretty seedy area. He can now afford to live in a less pot-infiltrated neighbourhood. Every City has those problems. He'll be sporting a Canucks jersey soon.

Yeah I'd hate to see what kind of neighborhood Tryamkin would have been forced to live in on a measly salary of 900K per year.

Jokes aside he may have just had bad advice on where to stay.. Looking forward to seeing him back this year (hopefully)