The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Is there a way we (Aquaman) can buck up some cash, and get Tryamkin here sooner?

Yeah, that's what Benning is trying to do right now, he's trying to get him over here as soon as his season his over so he can get some conditioning in Utica and perhaps a call-up before the end of the season.

nvm          

Edited by Stierlitz
trying to get rid of some weird formatting after deleting table

Surprise! Avto won in the first playoff game on the road 2-1. Tryamkin played 19:43 with +1, 2 SOG, 2 blocked shots. Great playoff experience for Nikita. Fans mentioned that Avto played as a team and all players were outstanding. As Magnitka's fans said, "we have stars  but Avto has the TEAM".

Edited by Stierlitz
  • Upvote 3

I'm loving his persistence and character playing through (serious) injury, but I am kind of concerned about that. Hopefully he doesn't make it worse. When his season is done he HAS to rehab it. He shouldn't come to NA to help Utica or the Canucks, he should come to NA to meet with Canucks doctors and assess the damage. Getting treatment here would be huge. He'd get exposure to the culture and learn while not having the pressure of performing on the ice. Could be a blessing in disguise.

15 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Avto lost the second road playoff game 2-0. Tryamkin played 20:59 with -1, 3 blocked shots and 2 hits.

Its awesome to see that after some inconsistent minutes throughout the season, he's right around that 20 minute mark so far in the playoffs.  can't wait to see what happens with him in the coming years

16 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Video highlights from the last game (it is on bottom of the page, close commercial first, in Russian) http://video.khl.ru/quotes/353199?locale=ru

00:15 - 00:22 - Tryamkin in front of the Magnitka's net

01:12 - Tryamkin's defensive work

01:26 - 01:38 - prevented goal into open net

02:20 - prevented breakaway

03:26 - prevented EN goal

03:36 - EN goal, just left the bench

Wow that was quite a highlight package. Love his compete and determination. Reacts well to plays and looks good doing it, can't wait to have him over next season.

hopefully the injury cant get worse by playing through it. KHL team likely knows he is gone after the season so they likely want him to play, Canucks dont have a say but hopefully its not shoulder surgery that would delay his workouts and impede his training

On 2/20/2016 at 5:39 PM, Stierlitz said:

Q: Did you know about Sergey Gimaev's opinion regarding you? A: I am very pleased with his opinion and greatly appreciate it. This is up to the national team coaches. If they don't call me up, than I don't deserve it yet. Will try to prove to be in the national team. I am considered to have large potential and am working to improve. If I work on myself, I will be good defenseman.

What a great attitude in a young prospect.  Makes you wonder how/why some kids are like Tryamkin and some turn out like entitled brats (Drouin/Ho-Sang)? 

• Upvote 1