The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

16 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

How many games remaining until playoffs?

2 games, both at home. In the best case scenario Avto could be on 5th place by the end of regular season. Hopefully they don't play Admiral from Vladivostok in playoffs, that's a lot of travelling like Vancouver - Florida, 4 time zones in between.

Edited by Stierlitz
  • Upvote 1

On ‎2016‎-‎02‎-‎03 at 10:33 AM, Ihatetomatoes said:

Excellent. A couple of years under Green and a couple of years to work on his already good skating for a big guy and I think he can turn into an excellent 5-6 defenseman. Him and Petan as a 5-6 combo would be soo freaking awesome. 

He's already stated that he has no interest in playing in the AHL. He will only leave the KHL to play in the NHL. A lot of NHL scouts over watching the KHL have said he is NHL ready now, thats not just coming from our scouts.

Keep this in mind. The KHL is a far inferior league to the NHL Of the top ten scorers in the KHL ( ie try and get a handle on who he's facing every game ) these stars are the go to players Brandon Bochenski, Linus Omark and that none other than Matt Ellison....who ever he is. Now to then  compare him playing against Crosby, Overchkin and Kane...... how would he look then. Lets cool our jets and wait until we see what he can do. It's not what you want to hear, but JB has to be realistic before he ploughs huge wads of money and Cap space into this guy

20 minutes ago, Patchoball Cannons said:

He's already stated that he has no interest in playing in the AHL. He will only leave the KHL to play in the NHL. A lot of NHL scouts over watching the KHL have said he is NHL ready now, thats not just coming from our scouts.

From what ive seen of this years hilite reels,  its hard to disagree with that.  He is a young man who has been playing in many situations against seasoned vets for 2 years. I would say he is easily better prepared for the NHL than Ben Hutton was to start this season. He is fast, strong, thinking, and even keeled.

If all goes well,. It would be nice to see him get 5-10 games in with the Canucks before end of season.

personally, i am not intrigued by the playoffs for the Canucks this year.

I can not see us getting in more than 2 home games before we would exit ,. And quite possibly, severly beat up.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Keep this in mind. The KHL is a far inferior league to the NHL Of the top ten scorers in the KHL ( ie try and get a handle on who he's facing every game ) these stars are the go to players Brandon Bochenski, Linus Omark and that none other than Matt Ellison....who ever he is. Now to then  compare him playing against Crosby, Overchkin and Kane...... how would he look then. Lets cool our jets and wait until we see what he can do. It's not what you want to hear, but JB has to be realistic before he ploughs huge wads of money and Cap space into this guy

Not as good as the NHL and I wonder if as good as the upper levels of the AHL. It is a different game over there and that is why I put more faith in the AHL as a finishing school for the NHL.

19 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

The way things are going, he could well bypass Utica and come directly here next month.  I'd still expect they'd send him down for the Comets' playoff run -- huge benefit to get into that, same as for Jake and Jared.

Jake and Jared have to go to the CHL if their teams are in the playoffs, don't they?

2 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

Jake and Jared have to go to the CHL if their teams are in the playoffs, don't they?

This was in response to a question about sending them to the Comets.

Essentially, they can't go to the Comets for the playoffs unless the Canucks send them back to junior before the end of the season (I don't recall what the deadline date is) and then only when their junior teams finish their seasons.

NHL players can't play in the playoffs in the AHL unless they were on the AHL team's roster on a certain date (March 1?) and the agreement between the CHL and NHL precludes that from happening as both Virt and McCann are 19 and didn't play 4 CHL seasons..

45 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Oilers nabbed themselves a russian chara also in 2015 at the draft in the 7th round ziyat paigin. Putting up good offensive numbers too!

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=176007

$&!# great Offensive numbers. But Tryamkin is 6'7 245 makes him look small. Hows the other guys skating?

Edited by Outsiders

1 hour ago, Outsiders said:

$&!# great Offensive numbers. But Tryamkin is 6'7 245 makes him look small. Hows the other guys skating?

not sure on skating, small? 6'6 tall but yes slimmer at 210, with those numbers I would think his skating wouldnt be horrible

I guess there is no deadline in getting a deal with tryamkin out of his contract is their, I wonder how his english is, atleast pedan should speak russian to help him out down in Utica

On 2/5/2016 at 2:25 PM, Hutton Wink said:

The way things are going, he could well bypass Utica and come directly here next month.  I'd still expect they'd send him down for the Comets' playoff run -- huge benefit to get into that, same as for Jake and Jared.

Don't know where Tryamkin's level of development is at, but I can see the Canucks bringing him in slowly like they are doing with Virtanen and McCann.

10 hours ago, Yotes said:

not sure on skating, small? 6'6 tall but yes slimmer at 210, with those numbers I would think his skating wouldnt be horrible

I guess there is no deadline in getting a deal with tryamkin out of his contract is their, I wonder how his english is, atleast pedan should speak russian to help him out down in Utica

He looks like a good skater in all the videos I have seen. Quick feet, good acceleration, change of direction and good balance. For me it is about how physical he is willing to play.