The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, Yotes said:

I go off of hockeydb, and their he is listed as 6'6'' tall

Well if you say 6.06' (hockeydb)  is 6'-6" then fair enough.

Google says it equals 72.72 inches which converts to 6 feet and almost 3/4 of an inch.

Maybe they meant 6.5' which is 6feet 6inches.:P

13 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Google says it equals 72.72 inches which converts to 6 feet and almost 3/4 of an inch.

Pretty sure it means 6 feet and 6 inches. Markstrom is listed as the same.

33 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

never clued in to the 6.06, i just presumed it was 6'6'' as why the heck would the measure 6' .6'' haha, maybe I am way off then...

12 minutes ago, Yotes said:

never clued in to the 6.06, i just presumed it was 6'6'' as why the heck would the measure 6' .6'' haha, maybe I am way off then...

33 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Pretty sure it means 6 feet and 6 inches. Markstrom is listed as the same.

He is 6'6", hockeyDB lists things as in 6(feet) and the next number total inches, ignore the (.)

06 equals 6 inches, that's why when you see players listed as 5.11 you know their not saying the player is 5 foot and, .11 of an inch.

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey/edmonton-oilers-wrap-up-2015-draft-by-selecting-gigantic-defender-ziyat-paigin-209th-overall

The first thing that grabs one’s attention about Paigin is his immense size, currently listed at 6’6, 209 pounds.

Edited by ForsbergTheGreat

TRYAMKIN, NIKITA YEKATERINBURG RUSSIA D 6' 7.0" 228

This is at the draft. Listed 6'6 220 on hockeydb (probably earlier, as he was in the KHL before getting drafted). 

Now listed as 257 lbs on the KHL site. Beast.

Whatever happened to Zherdev?? I noticed him on Paigin's team. Over the last four years just 17 goals in 138 KHL games. Recently turned 31 so he isn't that old. 

Edited by canucklehead44

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 9:07 AM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I am really hoping his game can emulate a guy like Alexei Emelin.  Hard nosed guy who can really get under the skin of the opposition just by sheer tenacity and unwillingness to backdown.

Tryamkin has both reach advantage but also ability to be mobile...a pretty good combo.

if he dives anything like Emelin, I will be choked. That guy is always trying to get a call, such an embarrassment.

On February 7, 2016 at 4:03 AM, alfstonker said:

He is not that big though. Just over 6'-0, so hardly a Chara :)

On February 7, 2016 at 9:17 AM, alfstonker said:

You should look at the height listed in cm to confirm or deny your calculation. It clearly says 198 cm and that, converted to the imperial system in term of feet is 6.496 ft. This number round to 6.5 ft which is, like it was earlier stated, 6'6.

25 minutes ago, TOOMUCHINTERNET said:

You should look at the height listed in cm to confirm or deny your calculation. It clearly says 198 cm and that, converted to the imperial system in term of feet is 6.496 ft. This number round to 6.5 ft which is, like it was earlier stated, 6'6.

Firstly there was no cm. quote in the link above and secondly both should "articulate" the same height.

I'm not questioning his size, I'm questioned the absolutely f----d up way of giving a player's height as 6.06 and meaning 6 feet 6 inches. It seems to be a mess/mix up of decimal and f---k knows what. 

6'-6" is 6 feet 6 inches. 

5'-11" is 5 feet 11 inches.

6.06 can only mean 6 feet and 3/4 inches. If they mean 6 feet 6 inches the 0 is redundant and it should be written 6.6

The 0 implies a decimal figure, which would make it wrong and not what is meant.

So if 5.11 is 5 feet 11 inches why is 6.6 not 6 feet 6 inches?

I am admit I was wrong but I'm saying the articulation of height in hockeydb is eccentric to say the least.

11 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Firstly there was no cm. quote in the link above and secondly both should "articulate" the same height.

I'm not questioning his size, I'm questioned the absolutely f----d up way of giving a player's height as 6.06 and meaning 6 feet 6 inches. It seems to be a mess/mix up of decimal and f---k knows what. 

6'-6" is 6 feet 6 inches. 

5'-11" is 5 feet 11 inches.

6.06 can only mean 6 feet and 3/4 inches. If they mean 6 feet 6 inches the 0 is redundant and it should be written 6.6

The 0 implies a decimal figure, which would make it wrong and not what is meant.

So if 5.11 is 5 feet 11 inches why is 6.6 not 6 feet 6 inches?

I am admit I was wrong but I'm saying the articulation of height in hockeydb is eccentric to say the least.

It really does make more sense that way if you're going to use that format instead of the more recognized 6'6". For instance, what is correct between 6.1 and 6.10 otherwise? Which one is 6'1" and which is 6'10" since they have the same value techincally? The two-digit decimal representation of 6.01 would clear that up much more so that's what they've done.

It's still weird, but it wasn't that hard to figure out checking one other source the first time I saw it.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Pair him with Subban. Between the 2 of them, they have the average reach of 2 NHL defensemen! 

::D

Nah. They're both offensive D D who can go on a rush. Maybe on the PP.

I can see a Tryamkin Pedan pairing tho

Edited by thejazz97

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 4:24 AM, TOOMUCHINTERNET said:

Tryamkin's official height is 201 cm from the KHL web site.