The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

7 minutes ago, hearditall said:

U might not believe the truth but I do.   It's NHL or KHL. NO AHL.

Markus Granlund has the same clause.

The reason Calgary traded him was because they wanted to send him to the minors, but he was going to walk.  Head back to the SHL. 

2 minutes ago, hearditall said:

The balls in NT's hands not Canucks. That's how the Russians role...  eg, Kovalchuk, S.Voynov, Radulov, etc.

Not sure those are great examples. 

Jersey wanted out of Kvalchuck's contract because committing to $100 mill was stupid. And they were going broke...

Radulov was no longer wanted.

Voynov might have even had trouble keeping his work Visa after being tried for beating the bejesus out of his wife. At best it was a public relations nightmare for LA.  They were happy to see the backside of him.

None were on ELC's where they could assigned to the minors for 1/10th of there salaries.

10 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Not sure those are great examples. 

Jersey wanted out of Kvalchuck's contract because committing to $100 mill was stupid. And they were going broke...

Radulov was no longer wanted.

Voynov might have even had trouble keeping his work Visa after being tried for beating the bejesus out of his wife. At best it was a public relations nightmare for LA.  They were happy to see the backside of him.

None were on ELC's where they could assigned to the minors for 1/10th of there salaries.

The Russians have always been a risk to draft. Where have U been? :ph34r:

9 hours ago, MadOgre said:

Well that's funny cause that is the biggest pile of rubbish.

Its geometry and physics which determines strength of an individual. Longer muscle and frame = greater leverage = greater strength. Holy crap dude everybody knows this!

You sound like your a WCB expert lol

Longer frame = more leverage only if your positioned to use it. Like a fulcrum.  Or if shear mass is a determining factor to overall strength.

Mass x Acceleration = Force is the formula you should start with.

Google Marchand undercuts Salo & you will see what I mean.

Then watch the first 30 or so Mike Tyson professional fights.

There are ways to make what you are saying correct.  But its completely untrue as a whole.

Edited by Canuck Surfer
spelling
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, hearditall said:

The Russians have always been a risk to draft. Where have U been? :ph34r:

Its been a risk ever since guys could make as much, or more money in the KHL as here. 

Its a reason to consider re-writing the portion of the CBA to wipe out the thread that mandates two way deals. To make the NHL more competitive in a global marketplace.

But guys like Radulov were well managed. He had just a short term deal. And Trotz was willing to sit his ass, even in the play off's, because he was an arse hole.  Good riddance!

Semin was a bigger problem.  The give a $&!# factor kicked out as soon as he had a long term guaranteed contract.  But that's not exclusive to Russians. See Richards, Mike?

I don't know who's smug attitude I like more lol. Treehumpcan's or his translator lol.  Treehumpcan is here to destroy you!!!! 

Haven't been this excited to see a player play since Horvat's first game lol.  I'm prob even more excited for big Treehumpcan's opening performance lol. Crush em like a bug!!!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, MadOgre said:
5 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Longer frame = more leverage only if your position to use it. Like a fulcrum.  Or if shear mass is a determining factor to overall strength.

Mass x Acceleration = Force is the formula you should start with.

Weird quote function on my phone..  I wouldn't bother with trying to explain to him Surfer. I politely as possible attempted to explain to him how the whole thing works,  but came to the realization he must just be a troll attempting to get a raise out of people. Or a child. Either way, I just added hm to my ignore list and moved on. 

10 hours ago, shayster007 said:

Bulk does not equal strength. As someone who is quite literally an expert in muscles and how they work I can assure you that. I have seen Trys form, he's large indeed, but strength in hockey comes from core and legs. Chara has huge legs and is an incredibly powerful human. It's silly that you said otherwise. 

I am really not trying to harsh your vibe my friend, I'm just not a huge fan of making accusation with zero evidence. I'm also incredibly excited about Try, but Chara is an elite human for his size and it would be a miracle if Try comes close to that. 

a56da673b7722ec6ce2212ddf9d0c113.jpg

13 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Well, considering that some other rookie threads hit three-digit number of pages like Brock Boeser - 157, Jake Virtanen - 697, Brendan Gaunce - 223...

Wasn't complaining about the length, just wanted the first thread closed at 88 pages for symbolic reasons. 

Seems strange that theres so much hype swirling about this kid.  I very interested to see us have a 6'8" D prospect that can skate aswell, but youd think a Norris contender was making his debut by the way the hype train is moving.

Should be an interesting evolution, but its very possible that he's not ready for the NHL yet and plays next year in Russia...  It appears this is his 1st tryout.  His 2nd will be pre-season, and then a decision of what to do.

As many have discussed, certainly a crowded and average at best looking group.  IF we are going to win more games, we NEED production off the back end.  They are hoping that Larsson can add, but thats still a long shot.

Trading Edler?  Its possible, and makes sense with Huttons emergence and Hammers willingness to remain a Canuck.  Then the speculated RFA attempt...

Tyson Barrie.  Home town kid.  Fantastic offensive PMD.  RIght shot.  24 years old.  Hes the perfect addition imo.

But anything under 6/year offer sheet and youd think the Avs would match.  Is Tyson Barrie worth a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd?  TOugh question, but he's easily worth a 1st+ its.  Im sure the teams would discuss a deal before an offer sheet was made, but the deal would need to be equivalent to that 1st, 2nd, 3rd offer sheet compensation.

Enter the discussed Alex Edler deal.  One for one?  Or does Van add?

Hamhuis Barrie

Hutton Tanev

Sbisa Tryamkin

Pedan

Larsson

Go UFA shopping....

I know theres been talk that Benning and Linden wont go after older players, but given the attempt on Lucic last draft, and the fact that hes still a couple years off 30, I think they still make an attempt.

lines with Lucic in no particular order.

Sedin Sedin Hansen

Baertschi Horvat Virtanen

Lucic Sutter Dorsett

Etem Granlund Vey

Burrows

Gaunce

Higgins to Utica

McCann to Utica

14 minutes ago, 70seven said:

lines with Lucic in no particular order.

Sedin Sedin Hansen

Baertschi Horvat Virtanen

Lucic Sutter Dorsett

Etem Granlund Vey

Burrows

Gaunce

Higgins to Utica

McCann to Utica

I'd prefer Okposo :P

Sedin, Sedin, Okposo

Baer, Horvat, Hansen

Virtanen, Sutter, Rodin