The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks will make a serious attempt at Iginla

Fine. Sign both to 1yr deals and move on. I can't see us actually landing Iginla though. Miller is more likely because it's a buyers market and there's the Benning connection. Hell, we could even sign him long-term.

My problem with Miller is that I find him to be a very unlikeable person. Just me though. If some fans here find Kesler to be snarky, full of himself, and cocky for no reason, then Miller will be viewed here as a straight up jerk. My view though. Doesn't mean much.

Goalies usually have more of a leeway with the oddball snarky and cocky attitudes, I agree I'm not a fan of his rumoured attitude problems but JB knows him better than most so if it's a problem I'd imagine he wouldn't bother with him

I think miller would be welcomed in Vancouver, were not gonna go deep with eddie lack. critics says were not a team to go deep, lets not forget our team is completely different and will be even more so come September. benning and linden obviously have a plan and are executing it. Id hope to offer iginla a cheap contract with bonus benefits if that's an option. if it its we could sign miller iginla and a PMD or another 2nd line sniper.. ownership does and will not accept a throw away season. There concerned about season tickets and sales.

Miller would sell jersey just like iginla or cam

time will tell

A bit late, but I think signing Iginla makes a ton of sense. Benning was obviously with Boston when Iginla signed with them so Benning knows what Iginla could bring to the table. Hopefully he'd be a good influence on the youth while still being a contributor in the top 6. If Iginla didn't check both those boxes then I doubt Benning would pursue. Signing Iginla to a short term deal definitely coincides with 'win now and develop youth.' Hopefully Iginla/Benning built up a good rapport in Boston.

i'd go as far as giving iginla 3 x $6 m or 4 x $5-5.5 m.

the sedins are here for 4 years anyway so why not give them a right winger for the whole time? and the canucks would have to overpay with cash and/or term to get iginla anyway.

I think miller would be welcomed in Vancouver, were not gonna go deep with eddie lack. critics says were not a team to go deep, lets not forget our team is completely different and will be even more so come September. benning and linden obviously have a plan and are executing it. Id hope to offer iginla a cheap contract with bonus benefits if that's an option. if it its we could sign miller iginla and a PMD or another 2nd line sniper.. ownership does and will not accept a throw away season. There concerned about season tickets and sales.

Miller would sell jersey just like iginla or cam

time will tell

No need to sign him on the cheap.......tons of cap space and he won't be looking for a long deal.....cpl years. Absolutely doable, and great timeline for Van

i'd go as far as giving iginla 3 x $6 m or 4 x $5-5.5 m.

the sedins are here for 4 years anyway so why not give them a right winger for the whole time? and the canucks would have to overpay with cash and/or term to get iginla anyway.

Im kind of in the fence at the idea of Iggy. And I really like him. But that rationale just seems like throwing good money after bad.

Maybe just a one year deal for now. Id like to see kass with the twins again. Iggy and kass could swap that role to suit production through the top 9.

Im kind of in the fence at the idea of Iggy. And I really like him. But that rationale just seems like throwing good money after bad.

Maybe just a one year deal for now. Id like to see kass with the twins again. Iggy and kass could swap that role to suit production through the top 9.

bad? He scored 30, again, last season. I fail to see the downside of going hard after Iginla. As far as kass goes, he can core goals, but he is not a goal scorer, he is a play maker. Three play makers on one line doesn't make sense. Iginla is perfect for the twins. Brings everything Kass does in size and grit and is also a pure sniper.

For those saying Iginla wants a cup, Money Talks...if we have the best offer you never know.

Plus he signed/trade with two of the best in the NHL (PIT and BOS) and couldn't even get to the final. If he really wanted to win, he would have signed with Boston for less than 5M already.

However as much as I like Iginla he would only take a roster spot from Jensen, Shink, Kassian, Horvat. Rather spent the time to develop them.

For those saying Iginla wants a cup, Money Talks...if we have the best offer you never know.

Plus he signed/trade with two of the best in the NHL (PIT and BOS) and couldn't even get to the final. If he really wanted to win, he would have signed with Boston for less than 5M already.

However as much as I like Iginla he would only take a roster spot from Jensen, Shink, Kassian, Horvat. Rather spent the time to develop them.

Horvat and Shink are likely 2-3 away form playing in Van........the timing is actually perfect for Iggy.

bad? He scored 30, again, last season. I fail to see the downside of going hard after Iginla. As far as kass goes, he can core goals, but he is not a goal scorer, he is a play maker. Three play makers on one line doesn't make sense. Iginla is perfect for the twins. Brings everything Kass does in size and grit and is also a pure sniper.

The bad is the sedin contract - specifically daniel.

Im a huge iggy fan but I think a big part of his success last year were his linemates and the freedom they created. The heavy lifting he had to do on his own in calgary was shared in boston.

The issue is daniel. Im not sure throwing money and term is a good idea for a bandaid solution. Most of the goals scored by the sedin line are from the crease whuch suits kass anyway.

Id love iggy here but its gotta make $ sense.

Iginla is a multimillionaire; he wants a cup more than the extra few hundred thousand he might get from Vancouver.

Boston can't re-sign him as they are almost up to the salary cap.

He will be playing for a contender in October.

Other than Anaheim, the teams that would be considered contenders for next year are all really tight on cap space.

I could see Iggy signing with someone on the understanding that he gets moved at the deadline to a contender if the team he's on doesn't look like they are able to compete!

If the Hawks lose Sharp or any large cap player from their roster I can see them pitching to Iginla. Even Pitts one more time now that they're going a new direction under Trotz. Ducks could indeed make a run at him without hesitation further beefing up for what could be a cup win or spectacular failure (although kesler might not appreciate that)

If the Canucks are in the mix than so be it. 3 years or so to play with the Sedins and mentor Kassian and possibly Virtanen for a season if we can get him in fast enough.

But I really don't see it. For the same reason someone previously said it would be like seeing Linden in a Flames jersey

Going for Iginla makes no sense to me or for Iginla himself. Hes in a win now and his career window is closing. Coming into a rebuild or retool isn't going to help his chances to hoist a cup.

Can always trade him at the deadline to a contender if it doesnt work out, getting 2015 picks in return. The deadline is when picks are generally the cheapest.

Henrik is a quality center and could help Iginla put up big numbers with potential bonuses.

Reports he's looking for a 2yr deal.

Jarome Iginla is looking at a 2 year deal. The only team he would accept to go for 1 season is Boston. #tvasports

Archived