The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Was Kesler one of the best Canucks of all-time? Future ROH ?

Canuckler87

Statistically no I don't think so, had he finished his contract and put up another 120 points maybe a ROH would be warranted, but no I don't think he makes it into those top 2 tiers of players for the canucks.

For a comparison he finished with the exact same point total as Morrison but in 123 more games. Does Morrison deserve a spot in the ROH? Possibly, but I don't think that warrants Kesler's inclusion.

I have some hard feelings toward Kesler but I thought about this with no bias and I just don't see him as a statistical ROH player, and definitely not even close to a jersey retirement.

I also don't see him getting into the HHOF unless he pulls off 4+ 70+ point seasons, he is only a .6 P/G player up to this point.

No. Näslund, Bure, Sedin, Sedin, Luongo, Linden, Smyl, Gradin, Bertuzzi and Tanti all have him beat. You could also argue that Öhlund and Jovanovski were better than him too.

Ohlund definitely deserves to be there, and I would hope he goes up in short order after he retires.

Statistically no I don't think so, had he finished his contract and put up another 120 points maybe a ROH would be warranted, but no I don't think he makes it into those top 2 tiers of players for the canucks.

For a comparison he finished with the exact same point total as Morrison but in 123 more games. Does Morrison deserve a spot in the ROH? Possibly, but I don't think that warrants Kesler's inclusion.

I have some hard feelings toward Kesler but I thought about this with no bias and I just don't see him as a statistical ROH player, and definitely not even close to a jersey retirement.

I also don't see him getting into the HHOF unless he pulls off 4+ 70+ point seasons, he is only a .6 P/G player up to this point.

That really solidifies a No for me. Kes doesn't deserve ROH and certainly not his number in the rafters. It's not only how he left but the total contribution isn't enough.

No way. Look how long it took for the team to honour Bure.

As far as ROH...maybe if fans come around, but right now, he is very unpopular with the fans. Don't think the owners want to give the ROH to a guy the fans would be booing.

Easily. After The big 5 (Sedins, Nazzy, Linden, Bure (arguably could add Luongo to this list)) he belongs in the next class (Bertuzzi, Morrison, Mclean, Smyl, etc.)

He'll get a call for the Ring.

It amazes me on how our fan base turns on someone so quickly. A year ago he's the last person you all would hate on, and now because he's getting older and wants that cup, you can't stand him?

The guy is a douchebag, but you could argue he was the engine that ran our team for the last half decade.

I'd take the douchebag who gives it his all every game for a chance at the cup (Kesler) than the team first guy who takes any night off (Bieksa).

He's lost a lot of respect for the comments about the Canucks that he made, but hey, its true. We all here know we needed a 4-5 year rebuild, so why should he lie about it?

If I was hitting 30, and knew the soonest chance I would have at a cup is at around the age of 35 where I'm not a big contributor anymore, I'd ask for a trade too.

/rant.

I think next year will show that he was slowing the team down. He had one great playoff run but for the most part he was a black hole, who didn't play the game with integrity. Next year's 2nd line will be more effective without Kesler...just my prediction.

No, he had 1/2 good years and then him and his attitude went south....California south

yah sure he had a few injuries but what's the excuse for his surly attitude?

I'd place a bet that his EX-teammates in the dressing room are sighing with relief.

Never liked his Canada comment and he was lying through his teeth when he tried to make light of it.

"Completely false," Kesler said. "I'm happy. I love my teammates. I love the city. My son was born here, my kids grew up here."

Easily. After The big 5 (Sedins, Nazzy, Linden, Bure (arguably could add Luongo to this list)) he belongs in the next class (Bertuzzi, Morrison, Mclean, Smyl, etc.)

He'll get a call for the Ring.

It amazes me on how our fan base turns on someone so quickly. A year ago he's the last person you all would hate on, and now because he's getting older and wants that cup, you can't stand him?

The guy is a douchebag, but you could argue he was the engine that ran our team for the last half decade.

I'd take the douchebag who gives it his all every game for a chance at the cup (Kesler) than the team first guy who takes any night off (Bieksa).

He's lost a lot of respect for the comments about the Canucks that he made, but hey, its true. We all here know we needed a 4-5 year rebuild, so why should he lie about it?

If I was hitting 30, and knew the soonest chance I would have at a cup is at around the age of 35 where I'm not a big contributor anymore, I'd ask for a trade too.

/rant.

You have serious delusions. The fanbase only turned on him when the truth came out.

He was a locker room cancer who spread dissent, and handcuffed the new management team who did nothing but tried to accommodate him.

He had one amazing season and one playoff series that are exceptional. Outside of that he is an extremely selfish player.

We may sign him back after he wins a cup. That would help mend our take on him at the moment.

But, like Bure, he diiiiisssssed us! OH EM GEEEEE!!!

But I thought he was part of the secret "Americanization" of the NHL, TOML? Did he really "diss" us or is he a plant of Bettman's to corrode confidence in Canadian markets?

Enlighten us......please!

Archived