The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Jason Spezza traded to Dallas Stars

the equivalent in my opinion would be Kassian plus Labate, Blomstrand, and a second.

Thats a fair bit for Spezza

Kassian has more value than Chiasson...

Chiasson is a player that pretty much came out of nowhere, and has had one full season.

I wouldn't do Kassian for Spezza straight up.

No no no. Guptill is NOT no name. Maybe unheard of to most. He is a big strong skating scorer. Definite power forward material.

Chiasson will have impact now and I predict a top six role = breakout.

Guptill will likely get an opportunity earlier than expected.

Paul is a lesser prospect but theres some potential there.

I say win for Ottawa.

How often have you seen either of these prospects play. Guptill has had five games of pro experience.

Vey goes at a PPG click in the AHL and is the same age, yet somehow he's a career minor leaguer.

Canuck bias at its finest

No, it's really not. It's common sense.

Spezza is an aging forward with 1 year left on his contract. Kassian is a 23 year old powerforward with a nasty side that is just coming into his own. If he develops up to his potential he's a very valuable asset.

Spezza is an aging forward with 1 year left on his contract. Kassian is a 23 year old powerforward with a nasty side that is just coming into his own. If he develops up to his potential he's a very valuable asset.

And so does Chiasson... No idea how you can say with a straight face that Kassian has more value than Chiasson.

And so does Chiasson... No idea how you can say with a straight face that Kassian has more value than Chiasson.

I can easily say that.

I guess you don't know how valuable powerforwards are in this league then.

I'm glad you aren't GM if you'd be willing to trade Kassian for Spezza.

I can easily say that.

I guess you don't know how valuable powerforwards are in this league then.

I'm glad you aren't GM if you'd be willing to trade Kassian for Spezza.

Chiasson is as big as Kassian and has produced more the past season. Is there any other argument? My goodness...

I agree with you. Hows it bias? Lawl.

Chiasson is as big as Kassian and has produced more the past season. Is there any other argument? My goodness...

Size doesn't make a player a powerforward just so you know.

Kassian has only been getting better since he came here. I could see him taking a big step next season.

Chiasson is still too much of an unknown. He could be a one season wonder for all we know.

Yeah, there's the fact that Chaisson gets extremely sheltered deployment while Kassian gets a ton of defensive starts. That would be one argument.

The fact that Kassian produced what he did on the 3rd line with basically no PP time with an anemic Torts offense would be another.

Archived