The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

You opinion on percentage on Nucks making playoffs?

kill_the_avs2

first there's the kings, sharks, hawks, blues, ducks. next there's dallas, colorado, minnesota and phoenix. i hope you didn't bet much mate

Did you see the Ducks off season moves? They lost more then they gained. And have an unproven tender. Not so sure I'd have them in the upper echelon of the west just yet.

first there's the kings, sharks, hawks, blues, ducks. next there's dallas, colorado, minnesota and phoenix. i hope you didn't bet much mate

I see the Kings, Hawks, Blues, Ducks, Avs, Dallas as locks to make the playoffs. It's between 5 teams for the last 2 spots. I'd say it's doable.

Too early to tell. You can very often use a team's previous year as a guide, but this year's version of the Canucks are tough to gauge.

Since the new regime got rid of the 2013-14 impediment that was John Tortorella, I think that there's a very real chance that the Canucks will squeak into the playoffs in the #7 or #8 slot.

Maybe 20-25%

They clearly need a lot of things to go right next year to make the playoffs, while one or two things going wrong could derail any possibility.

I don't think the team as it stands atm is as good as the team we had at the start of last year.

Losing Kesler, Santorelli & adding Bonino, Vey is a huge downgrade at center.

Losing Garrison, Alberts & adding Sbisa, Sanguinetti is a pretty big downgrade on defence too.

If Henrik & or Hamhuis misses any amount of time this team could be in serious trouble.

Henrik missing half the season would put us in the running for last place.

For the next year or two better depth of quality, worse top end of quality. The next couple years are join to be tough and see more as a bubble team with around 20% chance. This team needs to learn to play together with all the changes and a lot will depend on inexperienced players. The new group of early 20 somethings including Vey, Sbisa, Corrado, Tanev, Jensen, Matthias and Bonino really needing to come together as a group and step up a lot while waiting for the more talented group of teenagers to transition into the league. Unfortunately I think with essentially two waves of young player coming over the next few years it will be very tough (not Edmonton tough but tough) but the future is bright.

Curious what Benning will do if we struggle through the year, do we see Burrows and Bieksa types moved for picks and prospects or more of hockey trades. He certainly doesn't seem like the Nonis or Chevy type that are scared to do anything.

Looking at the Western Conference, teams that are better than us (imo), Anaheim, Colorado, St.Louis, San Jose, Chicago, LA, Minnesota, Dallas, Nashville (with a healthy Rinne), Edmonton (don't actually think they are better but they've made good additions in the offseason so who knows).

teams we are equal with, Winnipeg.

teams we are better than, Calgary, Edmonton (maybe), Phoenix

I hope we do make the playoffs but if we don't, a high pick in the 1-7 area would be sweet; could get us a future franchise player.

Archived