The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lucic still unapologetic after playoff behaviour

Oh, absolutely. Every sports network is drooling in the off chance that Lucic is dumb enough to do anything Bertuzzi-esque. Otherwise, they have to continue to try and sell the rest of the country on how awesome Toronto is.

And like the Bertuzzi thing, they'll condemn the act later with false piety and disavow any responsibility for fanning the flames.

What a complete idiot Lucic is. It's been months since the media buzz has died and the emotion has faded, and he brings it back to life by making a bigger fool out of himself. All that time to reflect and acknowledge what he did was stupid and he still doesn't have the pair to say "I did wrong" or "I'm sorry". So ignorant, like a kid that throws tantrums because he didn't get his toy..

Why does he have to apologize for being an intense, passionate competitor. So he's a db, big deal.........75% of hockey players are. If you want that kind of sportsmanship find another sport.

Why does he have to apologize for being an intense, passionate competitor. So he's a db, big deal.........75% of hockey players are. If you want that kind of sportsmanship find another sport.

I know, I'm astounded at how much people have blown this out of proportion. People really seem to not understand that hockey players, or any professional athlete that plays: Football, Baseball, or Basketball, are just older jocks.

Just because they're called "professionals", doesn't mean you lump them into the rest of societies "professionals". Majority of these guys do not have anything beyond a high school degree, and all of them spent their entire lives focusing first and foremost on playing an aggressive sport.

Geez, when I play rec hockey, the things I've yelled and said to people is far worse than what Lucic said; and that's playing rec hockey. These are empty threats people.

If you want and expect your athletes to act with grace, then watch Tennis, Polo, Horse Racing, or Chess. They are all great sports, especially Tennis. But consider the sport you are watching before setting your expectations too high on the athletes that participate in them.

Are we not over this yet?

Honestly, I'm surprised we hang onto stuff like this...if he wasn't going to apologize it just means he's strong in his convictions. I can't stand the guy, but give him that. Sure, at the time I likely thought he should and was an ass not to, but life goes on.

As a professional athlete, he seems to feel a sense of entitlement and suffers from an extreme case of "d'ya know who I am?" itis. Not the first/last who thinks the world should revolve around him. But there are 1,000 other players to share our attention with so I'm surprised to see this is still an active discussion. I'll wait for his next bone headed move to chime back in again.

OK, went back to see the reason for the bump. I accept it. Beautiful. 10/10. Every Bruins' fan should try this.

I know, I'm astounded at how much people have blown this out of proportion. People really seem to not understand that hockey players, or any professional athlete that plays: Football, Baseball, or Basketball, are just older jocks.

Just because they're called "professionals", doesn't mean you lump them into the rest of societies "professionals". Majority of these guys do not have anything beyond a high school degree, and all of them spent their entire lives focusing first and foremost on playing an aggressive sport.

Geez, when I play rec hockey, the things I've yelled and said to people is far worse than what Lucic said; and that's playing rec hockey. These are empty threats people.

If you want and expect your athletes to act with grace, then watch Tennis, Polo, Horse Racing, or Chess. They are all great sports, especially Tennis. But consider the sport you are watching before setting your expectations too high on the athletes that participate in them.

clearly you haven't been a clubhouse after a horse race. Those little guys kick the hell out of each other after races. I've seen full on brawls......kind of like the weeman barfight segment in Jackass

No, he should apologize for threatening someone after a loss, and acting like a child. Notice how that doesn't happen often and handshakes lines are generally civil, and yet you brought in this 75 percent out of nowhere. I don't think 75 percent of handshakes are threats to the other player, and 75 percent of the handshakes between the Bruins and Montreal weren't people acting like babies.

Edit: handshake lines is something in hockey which a lot of other sports respect and look up to based on what I hear from commentators in other sports. They love the sportsmanship players show even after they lose. It's something I think should be respected. I hated crosby and doan when they pulled that crap.

Season started. Montreal has already played Boston. Nothing happened. Case of people who have no clue what playing a sport is like, blowing things out of proportion.

Yes season has started glad you figured that one out, and tonight is the first game of the actual season. Pre season game doesn't count, especially their first one of the year when they have all their prospects and rookies playing. Just like the line brawl the Canucks had with Boston after the 2011 playoffs, yup just blowing things out of proportion. Case of not knowing what it feels like to be eliminated from the playoffs, from another team you already dislike in sports.

Anyone catch John Lu's interview with Weise last night? He brought up the Lucic incident again...

Weise was having none of it. He basically said that Lucic did what he did because he hates to lose and that there is no lingering resentment about it. Water under the bridge.

Gallagher laughed about it when Lu asked him, saying that he "didn't bring it up" while the two were training together over the summer.

To summarize: The Habs are over it. Maybe it's time CDC did the same.

Maybe it's time for Lucic to at least act like an adult on and off the ice though. He's brought all the hate on himself through acting like a pathetic excuse for a person.

media is pushing for Lucic to make good on his threats.

I know! Eastern media propaganda machine is all about hyping & revering the bad boys. This is just how the NHL's BOG Chairman & all of his other heavily-invested media-moguls attached to the many traditional NHL market-places like it!

It's a confusing bag of mixed-messages being craftily sent-out by a group who claims to be taking much better care of the players & discouraging gratuitous or pre-meditated fights, altogether. Hmmmmm. Really?

Maybe it's time for Lucic to at least act like an adult on and off the ice though. He's brought all the hate on himself through acting like a pathetic excuse for a person.

What ends it? From the media's stand point anyway,..that would be for Lucic to offer a more sincere apology for being a real jerk at a very inappropriate time. Simple as that. But - he can't do that...or he wouldnt do that,...either way - the papers & media still roll with what there is & what they're given.

I think its a little suspicious that the Bruins organization hasn't counselled him any differently. Their 'old-school' & traditional fans place their hockey-playing 'bad boys' on a high pedestal. Lucic's arrogant & rather unapologetic retorts all summer-long to persistant questions about the incident, have served their particular purposes, very well.

What ends it. From the media's stand point anyway,..would be for Lucic to offer a more sincere apology fot being a real jerk at an very inappropriate time. He couldn't do that...or wouldnt do that,...the papers roll with what they are given. I think its also suspicious that the Bruins as an organization havent coucilled him any diffrently. 'Cuz that 'old-school' embracing market puts their hockey-playing 'bad boys' on a very high pedestal. His arrogant more unapologetic retorts all summer long have served their particular purposes, well.

If he doesn't learn how to avoid being a classless douchebag, he'll have a real rough time later on in his career with opponents doing what the league should have done and ensuring he spends some time in the pressbox. I won't shed any tears when some goon ends his career with a cheap headshot.

At the time, Weise called it a “poor way to lose,” but months removed from the situation, he’s looking back on the incident with a much different viewpoint, according to the Boston Globe’s Amalie Benjamin.

“He’s an emotional guy,” Weise said at the Canadiens’ morning skate Thursday. “If he were to have shook my hand and been happy about losing, I would have lost respect for him.”

The hated rivals will square off Thursday night at Bell Centre for the first time since that hard-fought playoff series. While many are expecting fireworks, Lucic is focused more on helping his team secure its second consecutive victory.

“I’ve got zero points, and I’m a minus-1,” Lucic said, via Yahoo Sports’ Nick Cotsonika. “I’m more worried about winning a game here and producing.”

Canadiens head coach Michel Therrien would not confirm if Weise, who has been a healthy scratch once through Montreal’s first four games of the season, will be in the lineup.

http://nesn.com/2014/10/dale-weise-i-wouldve-lost-respect-for-milan-lucic-if-he-shook-my-hand/

He would still look awesome in a canucks uniform.

^It's a very different market here in VAN from the BOS-bubble he's become accustomed to being in back east. It's slowly becoming a different league, & if he can mature, if he can adjust, and if he sticks to hockey & not the extra curricular off-ice drama fueled by his pompous 'ego'...or the media trying to reveal it....who knows?

Can you imagine Benning, Linden & WD...actually agreeing to something like that?

Bravo! Great post! Agreed to every thing except horse raceing :lol:

Archived