The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Cramarossa said:

We do a lot of trips, but maybe we should spend more time together without cellphones and specific activities to distract us. 

Yeah, definitely should make a conscious effort to put away the phones. Quality time is important. 

I think the moment I knew my ex and I were doomed was when a friend (she happened to be at the same restaurant as us one night), snapped a photo of us on our phones instead of talking to each other. When I saw the pic, I realized we had become that couple. 

Edited by Psylocke
  • Upvote 2
23 hours ago, Cramarossa said:

I love my bf and am pretty happy in our relationship but sometimes I feel kinda bored with "us" and miss the excitement of dating someone new. 

Part of being human is always wanting what we can’t have. In a relationship we occasionally yearn for that freshness of a new connection and when we are single and available loneliness can set in.

I am in a relationship with an amazing woman and yet I keep trying to sabotage it. Anyone have some sage advice? 

4 hours ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Part of being human is always wanting what we can’t have. In a relationship we occasionally yearn for that freshness of a new connection and when we are single and available loneliness can set in.

I am in a relationship with an amazing woman and yet I keep trying to sabotage it. Anyone have some sage advice? 

My advice may be a little scattered but I'l give it a go.

With regards to the whole "boredom" situation, I don't think it's natural for that "wooing" phase to last a lifetime.  That stage is fun and exciting because it's new, but it's ridiculous to keep that stage going on indefinitely.

That doesn't mean love diminishes, but as you get to know each other completely what more new stuff can come up?  Don't get me wrong, it's still important to share passions, challenges, and projects whether they be huge ones like raising kids together to little ones like watching a television series together.  Otherwise, yeah, you won't have anything to talk about and will run the risk of people "that" couple always on their phones.

Don't feel bad if you look at someone else I think "what if".  I think that's somewhat natural too (we're biologically wired to procreate after all).  But there's a big difference between thinking "what if" and actually taking the steps to do something.  I'll admit I wonder "what if", although never in a yearning sense, more in a curiosity sense.  Two things stop me from never, ever going beyond "what if" thoughts.  The first one is I love my wife and would never want to do anything whatsoever to wreck my current relationship because I'm am very happy in it. 

The second is another kind of what if.  Relationships are a journey with rewards all along the way.  If I'm continually breaking relationships off at a certain point because I get bored, then I'm only collecting the same early rewards.  I will never get to see how great the rewards are as a relationship goes 10 years, 20 years, 30 years, etc.

Hope that's coherent enough.

Edited by Wilbur
  • Upvote 3

Music is one of the few things I can say I'm genuinely passionate about, and through that, so is singing. I've got a good voice but don't know how to sing properly. I find that as I grow older I've got less and less confidence in my voice, I also find I'm growing more critical of my recordings/singing and am becoming a bit of a perfectionist. I'm very critical of how I sound and will sing something over and over again until I either get it how I want it or give up.

I confess - I am not excited for this Daylight Savings Time!  I am not an early riser!  And this throws me off balance. And probably millions of others.  I was just watching the weather report on the news, and the weather guy goes - Sunset is at 7:06pm on Sunday.  How cool is that?! (excited).  And I am like - Oh... yeah..that is cool alright.. hmmm

18 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Music is one of the few things I can say I'm genuinely passionate about, and through that, so is singing. I've got a good voice but don't know how to sing properly. I find that as I grow older I've got less and less confidence in my voice, I also find I'm growing more critical of my recordings/singing and am becoming a bit of a perfectionist. I'm very critical of how I sound and will sing something over and over again until I either get it how I want it or give up.

Maybe you could look into getting a voice coach for a couple of lessons.

16 hours ago, brilac said:

I confess - I am not excited for this Daylight Savings Time!  I am not an early riser!  And this throws me off balance. And probably millions of others.  I was just watching the weather report on the news, and the weather guy goes - Sunset is at 7:06pm on Sunday.  How cool is that?! (excited).  And I am like - Oh... yeah..that is cool alright.. hmmm

Didn't even realize it was Daylight Savings time again. 

I get Mondays off though, so lucky for me, I won't be too affected in terms of getting up for work. But still sucks that we're "losing" an hour. 

17 hours ago, brilac said:

Worst time of the year

So draggin my ass Monday morning  lol

I confess - I don't get all the fuss over Daylight Saving Time.  It's just one hour.  I rarely go to bed at the same time on the weekend anyways.  Over the years, I have never noticed it having any impact on me.

I've always wondered though, what happens to people working overnight shifts?  Do they work an hour for free in the fall?  Do they lose an hour of pay in the spring?

Edited by goalie13
14 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

I confess - I don't get all the fuss over Daylight Saving Time.  It's just one hour.  I rarely go to bed at the same time on the weekend anyways.  Over the years, I have never noticed it having any impact on me.

I've always wondered though, what happens to people working overnight shifts?  Do they work an hour for free in the fall?  Does they lose an hour of pay in the spring?

I got the extra hour of pay back in the day in fall.

I think I still got the 8 hours in the Spring

I kept my mouth shut.  lol

Edited by Shift-4
22 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

I've always wondered though, what happens to people working overnight shifts?  Do they work an hour for free in the fall?  Do they lose an hour of pay in the spring?

8 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

I got the extra hour of pay back in the day in fall.

I think I still got the 8 hours in the Spring

I kept my mouth shut.  lol

My bf worked graveyards for years and he did it just like Shift did ;)

Edited by Cramarossa
2 hours ago, goalie13 said:

I work a 9 hr shift (1 hr is OT)... or I work a 7 hr shift....

Another confession ~ I went to Bartell Drugs today and stocked up on the Russell Stover Easter chocolate!  And all I could think about after leaving the store, indulging in that piece - OH YES! , I LOVE YOU RUSSELL STOVER! While walking myself to Safeway. My dentist said I had no cavities, and to keep doing what I was doing.  And then I saw the Girl Scouts, and I knew I had to immediately walk in the opposite direction.  I have a hard time saying no to the Girl Scouts!  Like - sure, I will buy 5! Thank you very much! It's a good thing I did not see my trainer! But then again, I have lost weight. 

Edited by brilac
6 hours ago, Psylocke said:

Maybe you could look into getting a voice coach for a couple of lessons.

Didn't even realize it was Daylight Savings time again. 

I get Mondays off though, so lucky for me, I won't be too affected in terms of getting up for work. But still sucks that we're "losing" an hour. 

I've considered it, I'm dabbling with youtube as there's a lot of information out there and hoping to soak up as much as I can on my own? Could change down the road, lessons have always intrigued me. :)

15 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I've considered it, I'm dabbling with youtube as there's a lot of information out there and hoping to soak up as much as I can on my own? Could change down the road, lessons have always intrigued me. :)

I think one of the benefits of having a voice coach vs. YouTube is that there is an actual person to teach you how to control your voice and make sure you're doing it properly. 

Though lessons might be expensive, and it might be a pain trying to find a good one. 

• Upvote 1

Another confession ~ I went to Bartell Drugs today and stocked up on the Russell Stover Easter chocolate!  And all I could think about after leaving the store, indulging in that piece - OH YES! , I LOVE YOU RUSSELL STOVER! While walking myself to Safeway. My dentist said I had no cavities, and to keep doing what I was doing.  And then I saw the Girl Scouts, and I knew I had to immediately walk in the opposite direction.  I have a hard time saying no to the Girl Scouts!  Like - sure, I will buy 5! Thank you very much! It's a good thing I did not see my trainer! But then again, I have lost weight. 

Mrs. Alf brought me home a box of "Mike and Ike" candies.  I must admit they are all gone:)  I gave up smoking for Lent!!!  (never smoked actually, so I always give it up.)

• Upvote 1
18 hours ago, brilac said:

I used to love Russel Stover's chocolate covered marsh mellows and the chocolate maple treats.  Unfortunately it seems like everyone else was the same so they would sell out almost instantly lol.  Now when I go to my grocery store that have all the easter chocolates on one side as you approach the cashiers so it's definitely a test of willpower.

• Upvote 1
On 2/23/2018 at 7:10 PM, Cramarossa said:

I love my bf and am pretty happy in our relationship but sometimes I feel kinda bored with "us" and miss the excitement of dating someone new. 

I think my ex had/has this issue. 

Two things: 1) Maybe you aren't ready for a relationship.

2) You are getting into the "comfy" phase, where you've done all/ a lot of the fun things you do initially. Instead of "ooh I'm going to a movie with this cute guy" it becomes "we need vegetables, let's go to the store"

I think people are right when they say that you just need to spice it up a bit. As long as you still look forward to seeing him, I think you are fine.