The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

On October 27, 2016 at 8:19 PM, nzan said:

You'll do great!

90% of the whole thing is just showing up and moving forward with confidence. If you don't have the confidence, fake it until you realize you're doing fine. You got this.

Just submitted my application…wish me luck! I got a couple professors (including the Assistant Chair) of the department to agree to be my references…should be a good sign?

• Upvote 3
On 10/31/2016 at 9:14 PM, brilac said:

Is this the gal you went on a date at the zoo? 

Here's a confession of mine:  I don't date, and make up excuses to not date - It's Hockey Season, I work a lot.  And if I had to go on a date, I would probably put in a criteria such as - they must like the Canucks as their #1 team, and the Canadiens as their 2nd, in that order.  Something silly like that.  The last person who I was in a relationship with was 3 years ago.  It was an awful relationship, and I couldn't wait to be dumped, and the dumping was not happening, and finally I lost my cool, and it was the end, something about being on his terms.  Then I thought about the bad choice I made by getting in a relationship with that person, that there's something about me that attracted that, and then thought about the relationship before that, another bad choice, that I attracted that person to me.

It is.. well, her and some others, lol. Wow, so you haven't dated in 3 years? I dunno, I guess after coming out of a long relationship I'm just looking to have fun and not jump back into another one...

• Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, babych said:

It is.. well, her and some others, lol. Wow, so you haven't dated in 3 years? I dunno, I guess after coming out of a long relationship I'm just looking to have fun and not jump back into another one...

Good for you, it's nice to have fun.  Maybe I may want to date starting January, or April, or maybe July.  January is the first month of a new year.  April is my birthday and that would be a new start, and depending on how well the Canadiens play, and July is Summer.  I just need to push myself. 

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, brilac said:

Good for you, it's nice to have fun.  Maybe I may want to date starting January, or April, or maybe July.  January is the first month of a new year.  April is my birthday and that would be a new start, and depending on how well the Canadiens play, and July is Summer.  I just need to push myself. 

automatically rule out january to not be one of these "new year, new life" bull**** people. april would be a good time for when the habs are eliminated from playoffs because i hate them, and that fan base so if you wanna **** that's prime time, especially in vancouver, which is the capital of losers in the world looking to get laid, and just about about guy will pretend to be a habs fan, even a canucks fan if it gets them laid. you'll like them for the first few months, maybe even last the year, then their BS will start to show, then you're back here, saying, well this is starting to go downhill and i don't know how to end this, without looking like a dick

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

I don't know why i'm typing this, it sounds crazy and I look crazy but I have to confess, for some lighting strike moment that turned into a brilliant flash I think I discovered a medical mystery for chronic back pain and I can't sleep. I'm waiting for the morning light to see a doctor to confirm my hillbilly theory, for something so simple and no surgery involved it may lead into to other things. I'm just laying in bed with a stupid smile but I thought I would share that with you all.

well apparently doing what I did is not a good idea even though it helped me walk now I just have to worry about heart attack or stroke YIPPIE

Edited by Lillooet_Hillbilly
  • Upvote 2

i just took the one chip challenge and i drank a full half litre of milk to help fight the burn and i had the most intense puking session ever. when i first puked it splashed up into my face with a mix of rice crakers, chocolate milk and milk, which hurt coming up, and when i was splashed in the face with my own vomit, i puked even harder and it was splashing everywhere .__. spent a good 5 minutes cleaning up the aftermath

for anyone who hasn't heard of the one chip challenge, do it D:

I've been so busy lately that I only drank wine 1x last week, it was actually champagne, and I forgot to pick the Canucks thing I wanted to go to - Open Skate Party and 2 other choices. I realized yesterday that I forgot. I've been so occupied with pre moving, getting everything together. There are many requirements of the new place.  I like the new place. I still need to call the cable company, do a change of address, and other things, and there's a Canucks game on Saturday. I need to remember that I am going. That I am flying to Vancouver on Saturday, checking into a hotel, and going to the Canucks game, and going back to Seattle on Sunday. I need to remember that. I must remember, and to bring my passport, ticket, and credit card.

Edited by brilac
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

@smithers joe @nzan @Twilight Sparkle @ShakyWalton

I got a call back to interview for that job! 

I'm so nervous I think I might puke. 

now .the easy part...you have your foot in the door..now close the deal...confidence without arrogance.....just smile and be you...they know your qualifications...this is just to see how you come across....you will be fine.

• Upvote 1