The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Worst ever CDC trolls

Desjardins' Mustache

I think I remember that,,,vaguely

What was his shtick again?

Said he was both a Nucks and flames fan but he was clearly trolling us with his flames bias.

For example, when Lee Stempniak opened the scoring he said "man, what a friggin beast! Always loved that guy!" and he was calling the Sedins below average players and stuff like that.

Most people who obtain the status of troll are just idiots who annoy everyone with their stupidity.

Examples:

Caboose: Likes to pretend/believes that his opinions aren't pathetically biased. I lean towards believes.

KingHeffy: (He is the guy that hates Edler right?) Another case of delusions. But unlike Caboose, who's delusional beliefs stem from his desire for his preferred team to succeed, KingHeffy's delusion stems from his own ego. He jumped on the Edler hate wagon early and can't get off for fear of losing face.

BanTSN: Definitely trying to uphold an idealized self image of the intelligent realist/pessimist (like TOML [excluding tinfoil hate bull] or GlassJaw). Unfortunately for him he doesn't have the capacity. It's a KingHeffy vs Edler scenario over and over again. He constantly makes ridiculous statements that he refuses to admit are ridiculous, even after arguments have been presented that leave any rational person no other option.

In all three examples the individual often gets labeled a troll, and in all likely hood does not fit the classic definition of troll.

Also, an argument could be made that Caboose has internalized his team's success. Which would mean that his delusions are similar to KingHeffys in that they are both rooted in the ego.

I have more experience with some of those users more then others, and I would agree your assessments of their behavior, and associated pathologies , is sound.

However I have seen positives out of them as well, some of the users you mentioned have made quality (In my opinion) contributions to the discussion around here lately.

I agree they aren't "Trolls" in the traditional sense, but I also think there is a positive side to most of them as well.

"He constantly makes ridiculous statements that he refuses to admit are ridiculous, even after arguments have been presented that leave any rational person no other option."

​I found this statement to be interesting, as I have often thought 90% of the B.S that takes place on here is due to users never wanting to admit they are wrong. As if their lives would be gravely affected by acknowledging they had been mistaken on a frigging HOCKEY FORUM?!?!

I actually enjoy putting something out there, getting a well thought out counter argument and opening my mind to the possibility that there may be a better way to look at it. The debate is fun, and I appreciate users who can get me to question my previously held thoughts on a subject.

But yes, I've noticed some users on here just can't handle a heathy debate. CDC superiority too tied into their self image I expect.

Said he was both a Nucks and flames fan but he was clearly trolling us with his flames bias.

For example, when Lee Stempniak opened the scoring he said "man, what a friggin beast! Always loved that guy!" and he was calling the Sedins below average players and stuff like that.

Damn! I think I do remember that!

What an obscure thing to retain, especially since I have easily forgotten things that were way more important to my "Real life"

Memory is a strange thing.

Pauser and The Pauser are not the same person.

One was that older radio call in guy. He died. The other is the old CDC user. He was run out of here. Last I heard he was on HF. No idea if he's still there.

Both were troll-ish. I remember having a couple of run ins with The Pauser while he was still here. Not a fun guy to talk to. Also, he was wrong about most things he got loud about (like how we just had to sign Gomez when he left the Devils).

i loved the flinch/pauser fued

Just took a quick read through the thread but I didn't see any mention of Pauser.

There was also one magical night where sugicalwitdapuck drove ILDC crazy. He posted some video of him humping furniture and every time her got banned came back with surgicalwitdapuck2, surgicalwitdapuck3, etc etc. He may win the trolls per hour category.

Edit: Apparently I didn't look hard enough because twilight just mentioned pauser. Anyone remember when someone hacked his photobucket account and posted a picture of him at a Naslund signing?

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/307949-rioting-in-vancouver-tonight/

doesn't get good until about 20+ pages in, but there are a lot of posts from people who are now banned and around the 40 page mark, Wetcoaster gets into it - it's pretty funny

Thanks!

I was hoping someone would post links to their favorite material.

I should probably do it too, I'll see if I can find some Stinky metal stuff tonight.

I always thought BertuzziBabe because she would be in the middle of a debate then ban/suspend those on the other side when she had mod status.

Right! So I do remember correctly, She was a mod.

My ex-girlfriend made a troll account a few year back just to f#%k with me, but It backfired as I found her battles with Bertuzzi babe to be incredibly entertaining,

Got to hand it to the Ex, she had some trolling skills. But she wasn't around long enough to be hall of fame worthy.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/307949-rioting-in-vancouver-tonight/

doesn't get good until about 20+ pages in, but there are a lot of posts from people who are now banned and around the 40 page mark, Wetcoaster gets into it - it's pretty funny

The number of posters in that thread who have since been banned is ridiculous:

Sharpshooter

Bertuzzi Babe

Wetcoaster

kw11333 (don't even know who that was)

zippgun

Aixtek

RAMBUTANS

Barney Stinson

....and that was just from page 20-30. Could have searched more, but Wetcoaster's consistent copy/paste efforts were taking too long to scroll through.

I remember getting ticked at Wetcoaster because he was saying he was downtown at 3am or something, and a police incident happened a few blocks away. A police officer called him over, and he said he was wearing a bright raincoat. And he got offended by the fact the police officer tried to verify who he was. As far as I was concerned, your rights aren't violated if a police officer just asks who you are. He went on how he knew the officers superior, and got in an argument that he didn't need to identify himself as that was his right.

I thought to myself. So in the 3-4 minutes arguing with a police officer, you could have just given your name, he'd figure out you're not a threat or involved in the police incident (He didn't bother to think that maybe the police officer thought he could be a witness)

and saved a lot of time and aggravation. But at least Wet had good taste in scotch.

Archived