The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Regular Season a month away, Red Wings undecided on re-signing Alfredsson.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=729224&navid=nhl:topheads

It's looking like he's done. Even though Alfredsson said either Red wings, or retire, will teams approach him if red wings decide not to re-sign Alfredsson? I don't know, but he may be a good fit for the Flames, Islanders, Oilers, and even the Preds.

Imagine a Neal/Ribeiro/Alfredsson line? That's a mix of talent, grit, goals, and speed. Of course, this is a rental line with Neal probably being the only one staying long term.

It's looking like he's done. Even though Alfredsson said either Red wings, or retire, will teams approach him if red wings decide not to re-sign Alfredsson? I don't know, but he may be a good fit for the Flames, Islanders, Oilers, and even the Preds.

Imagine a Neal/Ribeiro/Alfredsson line? That's a mix of talent, grit, goals, and speed. Of course, this is a rental line with Neal probably being the only one staying long term.

Should have signed in Boston, Chicago or La if he wanted the cup... Same thing with Iginla don't understand what he is doing now...

Players are too hung up on Detroit, imho. What's the big deal? The place doesn't even have tapwater anymore.

Not only that, but they haven't even been a cup caliber team since they lost to the Penguins. Not the place to go anymore if you want a ring.

Players are too hung up on Detroit, imho. What's the big deal? The place doesn't even have tapwater anymore.

Players aren't hung up on Detroit. Kesler didnt want to go there, Don't remember the last time Detroit was on someone's NTC and there best free agents they have gotten were Weiss and an old Alfredsson

Yeah. And when the line starts to struggle a bit, Ribeiro can give them a little 'pick-me-up'. If you know what I mean anim_coke.gif

Imagine Sedin-Sedin-Alfredsson.

I think the Canucks should sign him and reunite the Sedins with Alfie. Then Vrbata could be the go to guy on the second line. It would definitely help with scoring and our PP.

Alfy in Long Island would be interesting, but they have so many forwrds at this point, that he doesn't slot in on their time either, as they need more defense.

If he's looking for a Cup, then he signs in LA or Pittsburgh. MAYBE he signs for cheap in Montreal. Otherwise, if he's just looking to play another year but doesn't care where he plays, rebuilding teams would take a shot at him to help mentor their young guys.

Archived