The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TSN Jim Benning Interview

Ghostsof1915

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/

TSN.ca has an Interview with Jim Benning by Bob McKenzie.

- Says a lot of veteran guys have a lot to prove.

- The Sedin's can be elite players if used properly. Just didn't bury chances last year and injuries.

- Wants to roll 4 lines.

- No more dump and chase (Ok I love the interview just for that!). Wants to attack from the blue line in.

- Vrbata seems to be the right fit for the style the Sedin's play.

- When asked about Horvat, praised him but also has a wait and see attitude .

- The team is looking to make the playoffs.

- Thinks the management structure is similar to Boston with Neely and Chiarelli.

- Admired the Sedins before he came to Vancouver. The day he was introduced he said the Sedins were hitting the gym for 2 hours straight. Likes them even more now he's got to know them.

- The Big Question. Does he wear his Stanley Cup ring to the office? Said he did once but he won't do it again. LOL

He seemed a lot more calm, and comfortable in front of the camera and with Bob.

Good interview. Seems very confident about our group which is good to hear and it's good to hear about the variety of players we have. I really hope Bo Horvat can make the team, not only because it would mean he's better than some of our other players but also because it's a sign of success from our drafting lately. Would be pretty sweet to have Gaunce, Shinkaruk, Horvat, Jensen, Fox all playing pro hockey next season and all possibly getting time in the NHL.

The only player that really lit up like a Christmas tree last night was Valk and he is not even under contract.

Shink,Bo,Fox and Subban all played well.

None of them are ready to take an NHL vet's roster position.

lol at basing your opinion on a meaningful prospects game. Positions are won and lost during the main camp/preseason. For top prospects, this tournament is just a way to get up to speed before the main camp.

The prospects tourny for guys like Horvat, Shink, Jensen, Gaunce is what the preseason is for guys like the Sedins, Bieksa, Hamhuis, etc.

Did any one player look like an NHL veteran-heads and tails above the kids just drafted or still playing junior?

Bo was as inspirational last night as he was in the Memorial Cup Finals.

If he is the one that everybody thinks will make it then there is going to be many disappointed fanatics.

Did any one player look like an NHL veteran-heads and tails above the kids just drafted or still playing junior?

Bo was as inspirational last night as he was in the Memorial Cup Finals.

If he is the one that everybody thinks will make it then there is going to be many disappointed fanatics.

Change is coming.

Good interview, always love Bobby Mac.

That article on the front page,however, is full of mistakes. Guys slotted in on their wrong sides on the depth charts. Also, apparently Bo Horvat played in the WHL for the Oil Kings and Virtanen played in the OHL for the London Knights last year lol.

Good interview, always love Bobby Mac.

That article on the front page,however, is full of mistakes. Guys slotted in on their wrong sides on the depth charts. Also, apparently Bo Horvat played in the WHL for the Oil Kings and Virtanen played in the OHL for the London Knights last year lol.

Bobby Mac is the only guy there worth listening to. The rest of them are down 2-3 notches and are supported by chimps like those who made the glaring mistakes referred to here.

Damn Bob, looking good.

He's insistent he will make room for those who look ready. Again, have to wonder who those players will be.

He mentioned Dorsett and Vey. Jensen could be the other but a bit of a longer shot. Seemed pretty reserved about Bo though.

My bet:

D Sedin - H Sedin - Vrbata

Burrows - Bonino - Kassian
Higgins - Vey - Hansen

Matthias - Richardson - Dorsett

Sestito

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Tanev

Sbisa - Stanton
Weber

Sanguinetti

Miller

Lack

My bet:

Higgins - Vey - Hansen

Sestito

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Tanev

Sbisa - Stanton

Weber

Sanguinetti

Miller

Lack

I like it!

Even with Virtanen, McCann, and Horvat (most likely) heading back to junior, we will have forwards like Shinkaruk, Gaunce and Fox in Utica to fill in for injuries. This is the kind of forward depth I've wanted to see in Vancouver for a very long time. I'm thrilled :)

My bet:

Higgins - Vey - Hansen

Sestito

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Tanev

Sbisa - Stanton

Weber

Sanguinetti

Miller

Lack

I'd put money on this

Agreed, this is probably the most reasonable projection I've seen.

Man, we are missing a #1 defenseman, haha... ha... ha...

EDIT: Extra style points for having everyone play the appropriate side.

I like it!

Even with Virtanen, McCann, and Horvat (most likely) heading back to junior, we will have forwards like Shinkaruk, Gaunce and Fox in Utica to fill in for injuries. This is the kind of forward depth I've wanted to see in Vancouver for a very long time. I'm thrilled :)

Don't forget the already-pros in Jensen, Grenier, Archibald and Lain (latter three for bottom-6 call ups).

Agreed, this is probably the most reasonable projection I've seen.

Man, we are missing a #1 defenseman, haha... ha... ha...

EDIT: Extra style points for having everyone play the appropriate side.

Except Stanton on the wrong side but only because our best 6 defensemen consist of 4 LHDs

Not who have chances to make the roster.

More of who would be on the "first ones out" list.

I would wager your user name tops that list :P

Possibly the only guy we would be willing to move among the veterans at the moment.

Archived