The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Young Stars GDT [Jets v. Canucks 2pm PST - Streamed]

Brick Tamland

not going to matter I dont think..is he automatically going to turn it up against men...although he played all year in the AHL...he should be dominating out there.

My point is that I'm not sure if you should use a 3-game-pre-preseason-rookie-tournament as a measure for whether or not someone should/will make the team.

Anybody else surprised the hustle isn't there like years past?

If McCann and Virtanen were in the lineup, guys like Horvat, Gaunce, and Jensen might feel they have a bit more to prove. Right now they are the top dogs and there is nobody within the lineup challenging them. I'm hoping that they are just taking it easy before starting the main camp.

People have sky high expectations at these prospect tourneys. Yet considering all the conditions, its really not suprising that many of the best prospects fail to live up to expectatons. Many of these guys are just thrown together without playing a minute of ice time with each other. It takes time for a defenseman to know what to expect of his partner or a forward to know where his linemates are going to be. I wa watching the Hawks Leafs prospect game and many of the prospects both of the fan bases had high expectations for looked quite average and disinterested. Give it some time people.

Also these things are so painful to watch. I know I really shouldn't expect better but the quality of the game makes you want to turn it off lol.

Archived