The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Young Stars GDT [Jets v. Canucks 2pm PST - Streamed]

Brick Tamland

kinda very depressing. Youd think they'd be all trying to impress the office having the most available spots in the roster in the last 10 years. But no just coasting. Its sad really. I have a feeling we entered dark times last season. It will be a long long time before we are competitive again.

I think that's a bit much. As awful as the team was against Edmonton, they did play with a jump in their step and turned up a notch to finish the last 10 minutes of regulation. This has been a painful, painful game to watch but it's just 1 game where they've played disinterested throughout. If they have a repeat of this next game then I think we need to think about these kids' intensity levels.

kinda very depressing. Youd think they'd be all trying to impress the office having the most available spots in the roster in the last 10 years. But no just coasting. Its sad really. I have a feeling we entered dark times last season. It will be a long long time before we are competitive again.

The game sucks, but lets not confuse the game with the players. Benning said he wanted to see the top guys (e.g., Bo) ease their way in. Why go all out during a game that is going to have no bearing on whether or not you make the team?

EDIT: The above comment is especially true of Bo, who is known for conserving energy during games. Makes sense that he would not be wasting energy in a moment/game that really isn't going to be used to judge whether he is NHL ready.

He is going to have to battle against pros, no need to go into the main camp feeling like you're headed into the second round of a playoff series.

Archived