The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[EA Simulation] Canucks will make the playoff, LA to repeat

timberz21

Oh shut up. They are quite clearly the deepest team in the league. Just look at their team.

Kopitar, Carter, Brown, Gaborik, Richards, Toffoli, Pearson for offense, as well as one of the best defensemen, and one of the best goalies in the league.

Hahahaha I spit out my coffee when I read this and saw what he was replying to :lol:

Yeah, I wonder. Every year they come out with this and we all talk about it..but have they ever been correct? most of the time? Some of the time? Never?

When talking about a computer simulation I'd give them a 'check' for that year.

With so many factors involved....close enough counts IMHO.

This is a dumb statement. Worth what, watching, being a fan, playing hockey as a pro, owning a team. So if the team isn't guaranteed the cup this year our line-up should include Jensen, Shink, Horvat, and Corrado?

I like beer.

Its not worth pushing for the final playoff spot if we're going to get bounced in 5 games IF it is at the expense of our young players not getting more NHL experience. I clearly stated that in my original comment. I'm not saying the Canucks should tank, because obviously the scenario posted is very unlikely to come true, all I was saying that if these were to be the results, I would sure hope that the young players were given a lot of ice time, because if we stunt the growth of our young players by putting them in a league where they have little to prove (looking at you Horvat) and then proceed to get bounced early in the 1st round, what was the point of not allowing our young players to gain valuable NHL experience?

Its not a dumb comment at all, I would rather the Canucks finish outside the playoffs this year, but allow their young players to gain valuable NHL experience rather than not give them the experience just to be blown out of the 1st round of the playoffs.

You don't have to agree, but that doesn't make it a dumb statement.

Agreed. I think most teams (especially Anaheim and San Jose) have figured out LA's play style. I'm feeling either St. Louis - Tampa or Anaheim - Montreal for the SCF.

LOL how can you say that, were in preseason and LA eliminated both ANA and SJ last year.

What stripping Thornton of the C is the way to beat LA? I can agree that the acquisition of Kesler makes the Ducks a better team, but not necessarily figure out LA style lol.

Yeah, I wonder. Every year they come out with this and we all talk about it..but have they ever been correct? most of the time? Some of the time? Never?

They do the same thing for the playoff when they know the 1st round match up, and I remember when in 2011 when they picked the Canucks over the Bruins in the finals, they were correct for something like 6 out of the previous 8 years, for the playoff only (simulation done in April).

For their October simulations I don't know the track record?

I mean, I'm all for making the playoffs, but if we're going to scrape into the playoffs at eighth and proceed to get bounced in 5 games... I'd rather give our young players more ice time, do worse overall, draft higher and push for the playoffs next year.

I don't want the Canucks to tank, but if our goal is simply to make the playoffs at the expense of not giving our young players NHL experience, then I don't see how that is worth it at all.

I would rather scrape into 8th and have a chance than miss the playoffs. I would rather come 8th than last, even if we would get top pick. Hockey isn't about tanking. Sure, once its impossible to make the playoffs I don't mind if the guys slip a bit, but as long as they are in it I want them to keep winning. I can't really understand anyone who thinks otherwise.

I think in 2011 they had either most of or every series right except the Final.

Agreed. I think most teams (especially Anaheim and San Jose) have figured out LA's play style. I'm feeling either St. Louis - Tampa or Anaheim - Montreal for the SCF.

I'd agree if this was after game 3 of the first round last year where everyone thought LA was done but SJS has proved they can't win

Guest Dasein

If Ovechkin actually gets injured and WSH misses the playoffs as a result... :lol: So specific.

As for the Norris trophy, I am calling it as the year that Shea Weber finally wins one. With a new-look Nashville Predators, I see Weber's offense taking off and his defense just as rock solid.

Its not worth pushing for the final playoff spot if we're going to get bounced in 5 games IF it is at the expense of our young players not getting more NHL experience. I clearly stated that in my original comment. I'm not saying the Canucks should tank, because obviously the scenario posted is very unlikely to come true, all I was saying that if these were to be the results, I would sure hope that the young players were given a lot of ice time, because if we stunt the growth of our young players by putting them in a league where they have little to prove (looking at you Horvat) and then proceed to get bounced early in the 1st round, what was the point of not allowing our young players to gain valuable NHL experience?

Its not a dumb comment at all, I would rather the Canucks finish outside the playoffs this year, but allow their young players to gain valuable NHL experience rather than not give them the experience just to be blown out of the 1st round of the playoffs.

You don't have to agree, but that doesn't make it a dumb statement.

Sorry. I didn't want to say you were dumb but I don't think the statement holds much water. Part of the whole sports thing and the reason they play the games is because no one knows for sure what's going to happen so like I said, I guess if every team could predict on day one how they are going to end up it sure would make decisions like this easier.

I guess what you're really saying is you hope we win the Cup or our season goes perfectly well in order to burn the season and develop our youth. Pretty much akin to just hoping for the best. Did I mention I like beer? :)

My apologies again but I don't agree that's a viable plan in sports, and in fact somewhat deplorable as it's kind of like tanking.

Leafs make the playoffs? Perhaps if David Clarkson starts playing like he's not David Clarkson, then maybe. Otherwise, this doesn't hold much weight.

And as much as I think Calgary will miss the playoffs, I don't see them being that bad. Their goaltending has improved drastically, and they should be slightly better than last year.

I just checked the 2014 predictions and LA was supposed to be knocked out in the first round. They also predicted for the Nucks to not make the playoffs. With that being said, just make it to playoffs and let's channel some '94 magic!

I like beer.

Me too. But living in Europe has shown me that these Czechs are good at hockey, brewing and drinking beer. Pivo děla hezká těla!

I just checked the 2014 predictions and LA was supposed to be knocked out in the first round. They also predicted for the Nucks to not make the playoffs. With that being said, just make it to playoffs and let's channel some '94 magic!

Me too. But living in Europe has shown me that these Czechs are good at hockey, brewing and drinking beer. Pivo děla hezká těla!

I drink Pilsner Urquell, the most popular Czech beer in Canada. How is that considering over there?

Archived