The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat - Building for the Future

TheRussianRocket.

Bo is a great Kid. I am not going to debate whether we should have taken him 9th or not or whether we should have traded Schneider or not.

We did and that is that.

Horvat can do everything on the ice. He can shoot, he can pass, he can skate. He can block shots. He can hit. Power Play and PK. The kid is a model teen who is the envy of any parent.

He is going to be a franchise two way player just like Ryan Kesler was. We have a lot to look forward to with Bo leading the way.

Bo is a great Kid. I am not going to debate whether we should have taken him 9th or not or whether we should have traded Schneider or not.

We did and that is that.

Horvat can do everything on the ice. He can shoot, he can pass, he can skate. He can block shots. He can hit. Power Play and PK. The kid is a model teen who is the envy of any parent.

He is going to be a franchise two way player just like Ryan Kesler was. We have a lot to look forward to with Bo leading the way.

I'm hoping much more bergeron than Kesler.

I'm hoping much more bergeron than Kesler.

If he consistently plays at Kesler's peak levels I wouldn't complain either. Regardless, if he lives up to the hype the Schneider trade will look a lot better than it did when it happened.

Botchford and Pratt were whining on 1040 this morning, that we should have took the Russian in the draft instead of Bo. Botchford is quite the weasel is he not?

I think everyone and their dog expected MG to pick Nichuskin.......and he probbaly should have, he's the superior player on the ice. However, Russians are a gamble and MG went with the safe pick. Time will tell if he made the right move.

I think everyone and their dog expected MG to pick Nichuskin.......and he probbaly should have, he's the superior player on the ice. However, Russians are a gamble and MG went with the safe pick. Time will tell if he made the right move.

Safe or smart?

Players like Nich certainly help you win games. Players like Horvat help you win series.

Both are definitely important but if I'm building for the future, I know who I'm taking...

Botchford and Pratt were whining on 1040 this morning, that we should have took the Russian in the draft instead of Bo. Botchford is quite the weasel is he not?

If anything, the argument should be why didn't we pick Mantha, Lazar instead of Bo.

Nichuskin's not the first Russian with super skills that had high hopes in the last few years. Yakupov, Filatov, Grigo, but so far none are destined to be superstar/franchise player.

Nichuskin type players sell tickets, while Bo type players wins Stanley Cup. Both players has ways to go to say who was the right choice, but right now despite Nichuskin playing in his 2nd NHL year, none has an advantage over the other I would say

Archived