The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion

Where's Wellwood

18 minutes ago, taxi said:

Then why not turn existing energy into food and resources, and then use his powers to limit population growth. There is a lot of energy out there. The movie didn't really do a good job of presenting Thanos as the "mad" titan. He's supposed to be crazy. 

As was said earlier, Thanos had the stones in a Gauntlet, not a createlet.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/22/2019 at 8:46 AM, taxi said:

Then why not turn existing energy into food and resources, and then use his powers to limit population growth. There is a lot of energy out there. The movie didn't really do a good job of presenting Thanos as the "mad" titan. He's supposed to be crazy. 

The movie did a poor job showing him as a “mad titian.” In the 1-6 series, he did this to impress Death.

On 5/24/2018 at 12:35 AM, D.Keith said:

i'm just talking about when thanos snaps his fingers and uses the gauntlet and half the population of the world disappears. i'm just saying why ant man didn't disappear 

Read your first sentence again.

Half of the population disappears?

Why didn't Ant-Man disappear?...

Ever flipped a coin?

Perhaps Ant-Man was one of the 50% that didn't disappear?...those are way better odds than Vegas, but somehow folks keep plugging that machine.

• Upvote 1

On 3/22/2019 at 10:46 AM, taxi said:

Why do you feel it's NOT crazy to ignore such simple and obvious ways of solving the overpopulation of the Universe?

Or, not yet mentioned, why it's not INSANE to SEND AN ENTIRE ALIEN ARMY (see the first Avengers film) to accomplish what you later send 4 FREAKING GENERALS TO ACCOMPLISH?

ALL THE WHILST!

YOU GAVE ONE OF THE INFINITY STONES TO SOME D-BAG YOU LATER MURDER FOR A DIFFERENT INFINITY STONE?!

Basically, if YOU, and I do mean not just you, but ANY and ALL fans who bring up these OBVIOUS plot holes that have existed in the MCU for OVER A BLOODY YEAR (and then some) as reasons as to why the new film doesn't live up to your expectations...well, I guess I'm only shocked that Thanos only killed half the Universe.

Didn't even pose a skill-testing question, just dead. 

DUUUUUUUURRREFFFFIYYYYEDO!

Edited by falcon45ca
I have troubles suspending my disbelief of morons who are moronic over their suspended disbelief

1 hour ago, falcon45ca said:

Why do you feel it's NOT crazy to ignore such simple and obvious ways of solving the overpopulation of the Universe?

Or, not yet mentioned, why it's not INSANE to SEND AN ENTIRE ALIEN ARMY (see the first Avengers film) to accomplish what you later send 4 FREAKING GENERALS TO ACCOMPLISH?

ALL THE WHILST!

YOU GAVE ONE OF THE INFINITY STONES TO SOME D-BAG YOU LATER MURDER FOR A DIFFERENT INFINITY STONE?!

Basically, if YOU, and I do mean not just you, but ANY and ALL fans who bring up these OBVIOUS plot holes that have existed in the MCU for OVER A BLOODY YEAR (and then some) as reasons as to why the new film doesn't live up to your expectations...well, I guess I'm only shocked that Thanos only killed half the Universe.

You should probably stop watching movies all together if it has to be logical.  Hardly any movies follow a logical sequence.   

Especially rom-coms.

:P

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

HOLY CRAP WHAT A MOVIE

Spoiler alert

It's 3 hours long, so pee first and the movie theater will be packed so be patient

• Upvote 1

A proper conclusion. Don't know if I liked it more than Infinity War. Leaning toward 'No'. I'll need to see it a second time to be sure.

I was influenced by a fake spoiler from the title of a clickbait video on a trailer youtube channel so I wasn't appreciating certain scenes as they happened because I was waiting for something different to happen

Haven't seen it. Huge fan of any and all quality comics, regardless of publisher.

Imma guess...those who have 3 solo films to their name will die? 

I'll check this after I've seen the film, I'm calling the death of Iron Man, Captain America, & Thor. 2 of the 3 as a minimum. 

I betcha Black Panther, Spider Man, the Guardians, Ant Man, & Dr. Strange pull through, tho not unscathed.

Adam Warlock better show up, or Imma flip the bitch.

On 3/29/2019 at 7:03 AM, falcon45ca said:

ALL THE WHILST!

Actually, the easiest way to solve the 'impending doom of resource ravaged, overpopulated universe' is to simply snap the fingers and re-create the stone age and remove metals from the surfaces of the planets. See what happens to isolated tribes on isolated islands with zero metal ? they stay in stone age. Once you have stone age medicine, stone age tech, population lives on a subsistence level. Make 10 babies, lose 7 of them before they turn into adults. Live life to the fullest in terms of making bonds with people, enjoying the little things in life, etc etc. Problem solved. Total deaths required : zero. 

we are, at the end of the day, animals. The needs that govern us are still the same as those of animals - food, shelter, procreation and social relations ( for social animals). 

19 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

Actually, the easiest way to solve the 'impending doom of resource ravaged, overpopulated universe' is to simply snap the fingers and re-create the stone age and remove metals from the surfaces of the planets. See what happens to isolated tribes on isolated islands with zero metal ? they stay in stone age. Once you have stone age medicine, stone age tech, population lives on a subsistence level. Make 10 babies, lose 7 of them before they turn into adults. Live life to the fullest in terms of making bonds with people, enjoying the little things in life, etc etc. Problem solved. Total deaths required : zero. 

we are, at the end of the day, animals. The needs that govern us are still the same as those of animals - food, shelter, procreation and social relations ( for social animals). 

I think that the easiest solution would be to use the Reality stone and make infinite resources a reality.